Ally Cannibalism

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Psycho Tech, Feb 1, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I know, I like my alts, but the way they have been doing the game, it's like each new design is strictly for one character accounts. Even if they keep tossing these free boosts, it just makes another storage toon.

Right now, I have a hero that I work on #1. A villain that gets second best.

The good thing is, until they introduce a new meta artifact, I really don't have to focus heavy on many for the main, so I usually toss Nth metal into the shared bank.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Nothing about this is cheap to level in the long run. They will keep pushing out new "hit like a truck"-meta Allies you will want to have for whatever toon you want to maximize performance with and thus keep making you want to put the resources on that toon, leaving your alts with leftover crumbs unless you're ready to spend them mad dollars. Unless of course you're living in the game and never stop farming Source Marks to keep level Allies.

I didn't care too much about the high farming requirements before Mepps rolled in with the "it's a collect them all-system" comment. If they're going to treat this system the way they do Artifacts, then it goes both ways. Allow us to feed our older Allies into new Allies, or change the Upgrade costs across all Allies to fit the "Collect them all"-aspect that they apparently aim for this system to be.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Alts get lvl 4 Oracle as support 1.....rinse and repeat till all 'main' alts have her done....then return to main.
  4. Eve YouTuber

This comment made me think of this:[IMG]
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Have you seen the harley thread? These allies keep getting better because the community keeps asking for every single ally to be god tier. Whether you like it or not, this is how they designed it to work. While I agree that allies are not alt friendly, this is not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

If augments were introduced today and not have been in the game for a while, people would claim augments are not alt friendly either. When I first started working on my artifacts none of my alts had any artifact at all. Now all my toons (11) have minimum of 3 lvl 80. Four of those toons have at least 1 lvl 120 art. Two more have 3 arts at 120. My other two toons have 2 at 200 and 1 at 160. And my main has most of his main arts at 200 and some secondary arts at 160. All of my toons except my lowest alt have their primary augments maxed out. While my top 2 alts have both offensive and support augments maxed. And my main has all his augments maxed.

Over time players will have the same with allies. Allies were just introduced and is something that was designed to take time build. But players are doing player things and treating this as a must have max right now.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Gotta agree with Deity here. The devs put something out to test and everyone complains till the devs change them to something that they want. Originally, nope wouldn’t have gotten Harley. Now? Probably going to have to go have for certain instances. Almost every issue that involves balance of some sort is player induced.
    • Like x 1
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

People asked for those "God tiers" because how much they costs to level. If they were like Cyborg, wouldn't have been as bad. The legendary were like 200-300 to level out the gate.
    Mepps statement about "collect them all" show how much they care about the community. Allies are being released to frequently for those prices. I wish they would have just added more artifacts slots, but it wasn't much money in that
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And no one is forcing you to max out every single ally as they come out. That is on you not the system. You can not say "they cost 200-300" when you can buy them for source marks for free and lvl them over time. Unlike Artifacts, they have no chance to fail on breakthroughs either so any spending done is out of your own need to max them.

Asking for a 4 slot while complaining over ally cost is laughable.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Neato...there's a Harley Ally? I won't get her any more than I got the others...but I'm sure it will be fun seeing her spring up from time to time.

I think by the time I get 999,999 ally favor I'll have enough drop catalysts and the ally rollout will be slowed enough that I'll make my decision on which one I want to dump my effort into. From the sounds of it...it will be whoever is released last at that point.
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

But if they weren’t god teir then no one would get them and the whole system may have been restructured. This is the epitome of shooting yourself in the foot. As far as spending money, nah don’t have to. I opened 25 Tc’s to get Nubia. I didn’t pay for the Tc’s, we’ll sort of via membership, and have her just under lvl 10 breakthru and have only spent in game money on the broker to buy legendary seals. Nubia hasn’t been out that long and my playtime has been way down compared to a year ago.
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Hopefully you’ve done the 3 freebies. They’re really good and between the 3, there is a combo for any role. My tank alt runs oracle bot for damage, calc and HoL bot for passives. Power back from stunning and heals from taking damage. Then my troll uses the same 3 and my water alt uses HoL for damage and oracle/ calc so she never needs to replace gear again. Even on my main, I’ll slot oracle in for elites that don’t have repair stations nearby if I’m in a group taking a spin on the strugglebus
    • Like x 1
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

"No one is forcing you" is a weak excuse people make when they have no argument . I stopped at that
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

This is a MMO where most players min/max. Most of the people who were complaining were WHALES who min/max. Not regular players or players with alts. The entire argument is flawed
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Fixed that. I min max one toon both roles out of 4 toons. The others are to farm. They can do elite fine without min max but won’t be the ones I take into speed runs or critical. So the argument isn’t flawed due to the fact players can complete instances without allies at all. This is tracking off topic (really need that forum name change Mepps) so I’m not going to keep going. But 100%, allies becoming meta will be due to the player base not the devs.
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

"Elite fine" what do that mean? Quotes like that make me think.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Got Oracle and Cyborg on support....someone else on offense (Flash...Zoom?). I didn't even realize there are 3 'freebies'. Got oracle for completing the tour mission, bought the other 2 for a few marks...no worries. I think I actually have all of the 'first' ones they released as they just cost a few source...then I realized I was not that interested in them...so 'meh' after that. Actually gave the zoom/flash passives a go till I realized it didn't amount to any real advance on flight 'hover' mode sucking...so I know I got those to 5 or 6 at least before putting Oracle and Cyborg in.

Who's the other 2 'freebies'?
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sorry, cheapies not freebies. The lowest of the low.
    • Like x 1
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Meaning I can take my troll in with 160 artis or my tank in regular gear and they can do their job well enough that they don’t need to be non maxed. Not like my main needs to be either to heal low elites but again, upper tiers it helps to min max and that’s where certain allies could help. But if they were released as is, they wouldn’t even be on my radar. Due to the changes players forced, they’ve become more of something I’d want.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...bought the original 5 or 6 on my main....the rest just got Oracle or Oracle and Cyborg for the power return.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually have them maxed on 10 toons and my 11th is almost max. Nice try thou whether you believe it or not, I was able to level all of them without money or trying either.