Ally Cannibalism

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Psycho Tech, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Can we please feed allies to each other? If allies keep getting pushed out that are superior (like artifacts) it would be nice to not have a wasted ally sitting there collecting dust.. of course it wouldn’t even be a issue if progress was account shared.. like the ally favor.. but. Thats a losing battle to Request. So, ill just request feeding 1 to another

#WhatAboutOurAlts
    • Like x 13
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 15
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

How are you gonna eat a calculator? Might be a hard one to crunch. ??
    • Like x 3
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Luckily we don't have to eat it, Batman (or some other iconic) does.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not what I thought this thread would be about.

And the design is not for this to be possible - these are built to be more of a collect-them-all system.
    • Like x 8
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Would love to, but as expensive as they are to level, & some like myself w max characters, it gets impossible to level them every time
    • Like x 7
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It would be a piece of cake for Matter Eater Lad..... literally. ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's always good to have long-term stretch goals, right?
    • Like x 3
  9. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

What about being able to remove the experience/ally favor from a specific ally via a MP token?
    • Like x 7
  10. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Well,
    The players can use fortified their artifacts into others artifacts.
    The players can use fortified their adaptive augments episode into other adaptive augments episode.
    But we can’t do the same with allies

( SideNote I wish we can imprint allies into several different armories. this be appreciated )
    • Like x 2
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Ouf..... that will be rough.

Already ranking Allies to rank 10 is tough enough as it is....
    It takes a LOT of resources for a single Legendary Ally..... getting 3 Allies to rank 10 may be too much.
    Heck was not even able to get Batman to rank 10 before we got Nubia.... and now Batman Who Laughs.

It will be hard enough to keep up with them new Allies being released.

And it will be pretty much unthinkable to rank up Legendary Allies for Alts under the current system.

I understand that odds are this is to "encourage" us to buy Ally favor and Alliances from the MP......
    But it is tough to keep up under the current system.

And we have Harley Quinn coming up soon.
    Although with her current suport abilities.... I don't expect many people to rank her up.
    So that might give us a break?? :oops:
    • Like x 3
  12. inferno Loyal Player

Making them account-wide accessible is the only way collectability is even a viable perk. Getting an ally is not even a difficult choice even if we were to purchase via MP. 300k for all the level 10s are a lot and this system is not even a year old.

I suppose the only mentality that will prevent burnout on this is to cap my expectations at level 5 for each interesting ally which is around 35k or at most a level 8 capping at around 77k. And to do this only on my main, expecting more allies down the road.
    • Like x 4
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

The whole Ally system is so problematic and just an unreasonable ask from the playerbase overall imo.

-Legendaries take too much Ally XP
    -Legendary Ally favor is too rare and too expensive
    -The benefits from Allies don't even come close to justifying their current expense
    -Allies are extremely, radically alt-unfriendly
    -They can't be imprinted to armories, neutering some of their potential appeal and functionality
    -Allies can't be fed to one another

Suggestions:
    -Lower Ally XP needed and the number of Alliances needed at each tier
    -Make all Allies account bound (ie shared leveling/ shared usage of levelled Allied)
    -Make imprinting Allies to armories a priority and get it working yesterday
    -Allow Allies to be fed into others as it works with Artifacts and Augments
    • Like x 5
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

Might want to rethink the cost for all of them then, lol.
    • Like x 6
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I give up on having an alt and ally. It's just another feature that isn't alt friendly. To be honest, the fact they made it an account bound currency, just feeds to the all mighty main character. lol
    • Like x 10
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yeah, it's just too much.
    • Like x 7
  17. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I just give all the alts I actually play the HOL bot. It's cheap to level and it hits like a truck on single target.
    • Like x 2
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

thats a good idea.... making them like secondary augments, and major augments, using the ally that u may not use or want, to help level a ally that is lower level? or possibly make it so u can use, anything thats lower tier, on a higher tier, for instance, u can use a cyborg to level up a flashpoint batman, or a oracle to level up zoom or w/e.
    • Like x 2
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

More power to you if you kept it up this long. Once artifacts rolled around, all of my alts just became storage toons.
    • Like x 2
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I call BS
    If this were a “collect them all” thing then you wouldn't push increasingly superior ones, they’d have 0 functionality an be nothing more than a cosmetic that sits there or follows you etc.
    Welp, good to know we wont be able to make use of discarded allies so no more working on allies at all. Thnx for honest dishonesty…… at least we now know what the real motive is and that theresno plans to make this player friendly or alt friendly.
    • Like x 4