Allow inspect into SP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GrooveThief, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Wow.
  2. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Agreed.

As do I which is why it does not bother me.
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Do you realize this is a multi-player online game? There are all sorts of different players on here, some will focus on sp and even maxed out because it what thy like to do. Some one want to improve their toon and be the best they can be. Others just want to play for fun and enjoy themselves. Others just want to play with the best just for they can complain how easy the game is.

Frankly I don't care what the cr is, or how many skill points they have, all I care about completing the mission and enjoy myself at the same time. I'm with everyone else, no on inspecting skill points or cr. The community shows why this can't happen.
    • Like x 2
  4. Feenicks New Player

And the part where I said I have no want to openly wear them is the main reason I'm against this idea.
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Where was I saying it was a matter of fact?

People are going to judge anyway like those that have responded to my previous post have been judging me.

The fact that some may feel as though SP show how beast they are is there opinion and to deny them there opinion would be just as wrong as me denying those that respond to me right or wrong.

The fact that some want to keep it a secret is a right which is in there opinion is just that no facts the game belongs to SOE I do not make up thing as I go.

So in either case we all have an opinion I simply will not say may opinion is final though it may appear that way at first second third glance.
  6. Tre Day New Player

We are all, at one time or another, 'make stuff up' to make a point, erroneous or not. I try to not to go that route because my experience with the game is more than likely to be different than everyone else, so I can only speak for myself. If I have people that agree with my viewpoint, it's cool. If people disagree, that's cool too, but I want them to disagree and have a good amount of information to back it up that involves them actually doing the legwork to find said information and not because so-and-so said so. These so-called 'experts' can be just as guilty as providing false claims as anyone else. SP inspection just seems like a slippery slope to the already-present mentality of exclusion, no matter how much the proponents say how great of an idea it is.

As far as 'gear x sp = patience', personally, gear + SP + awareness = harmony. Stats on gear are more or less inflexible than SP with play-style, but SP doesn't make you significantly strong enough to survive content if you're geared enough for said content, unless you have an extraordinary amount. #DCUOmatics :p

I think we're onto something here. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Prime New Player

Why not have another way to show my toon is stronger than others? People cry so much. If you choose not to max out most of the sp available fine. Just understand you are missing out on alot of stats. Most will say its not much. Depending on how many sp you have coupd be the same stats as the CC trinket. Dont hate on us that have the SP. Remember this is a game. If this were to happenand you were left out because you only got 110 SP so what. Happens for alot less reason than this most of the time.

So with the survival event and the chest pieces that are trophies. Am i a azz for wearing a style no one, not alot, have? When i got my prime helm way back in the day i stripped my toon nude and did my best Travolta on the watch tower bridge. Guess why? Cause its a game and i won something and wanted to show it off.

Stop crying all of you.
    • Like x 1
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

I display my CR and SP in my signature on this forum because it is a self accomplishment for me that I am proud of and cannot be discriminated against on these forums. If these were to be displayed in-game then it would risk players discriminating against me when I try to enter an instance. There is enough discriminators in the game as it is and we don't need any more. Especially now that harder content is being introduced. I can just see it now "You don't have 160SP so you have to go". I say NO THANKS!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Feenicks New Player

I have no problem at all for you wanting to openly wear your medals. More power to you. And grats on the skill points. You earned them. It's your choice to show them off.

But the issue of this thread is making skill points visible. I'm against that. My stats and skill points.....even my load out and power.....are my business and mine alone.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Prime New Player

Loadout i totally agree. The people that post rotation on you tube have killed the dps in the game. In the begining good dps found their loadouts and did not share.

SP, well, the strength of your toon in a raid does effect me. If i had the choice between 2 106cr healers, trolls, tanks, dps's one had 110 sp and other had 180. I am picking the higher SP. It does not show they are better skilled cause we all played alts with no sp and make people look silly. But pickin up pugs i would choose the high SP toon over the lower. Just me, but it shiws you care about the strength of your toon.
  11. SuperBell Loyal Player

I don't feel like carrying people who need everybody in the group to be 175sp. If you can't get through content without having max stats, you kind of suck.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime New Player

To prove this next time you shout as a dps for what ever include your sp. You will get picked up over the thousands of other 106cr toons out there. Sorry its a fact.
    • Like x 1
  13. Feenicks New Player

And that's the second reason I'm against this. It will create more on the spot exclusions. We have enough of those now. we don't need more.

And, for the record, even if it DOES affect you it's still none of your business. :)
    • Like x 3
  14. Feenicks New Player

That's something different. My point still stands.
    • Like x 1
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

If someone isn't going to take the time to widen their circle of friends enough so that they can run instances, I'm not going to give them the luxury of kicking me simply because they don't like the way I've levelled up my toon. If I'm geared enough to queue into the instance, you're free to ask me what my stats are, but if you want to take me at my word, tough.
    • Like x 2
  16. Tre Day New Player

If a person's SP affects you that greatly, um...I have no idea what to tell you. That still doesn't justify SP inspection. I mean, a person's loadout would affect the success of a group more than the number of SP that player has.

For the most part, some, if not most, of these complaints just stems to people wanting instant gratification or instant success for every instance they come across at the risk of everyone else's enjoyment.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tule New Player

This is an mmo, you are accountable to your group. This selfish attitude is why the community is so awful.
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Accountability is based on performance. If the group gets in and some members don't perform, then by all means if the group is inclined, then kick. It's the groups that are looking for built in excuses for a groups imminent failure that bug me.
    • Like x 3
  19. Tule New Player

You have no right to be in a party I am creating. I am creating the party, you are seeking to join it. It is not exclusion that you do not meet my requirements. If were bringing stupid real life analogies, try to equate a woman's age at your next job interview when they want a resume. Inspecting someone is no impolite unless you make it impolite. It is a system that has been in the game since the start, it is part of the system. It was expanded on when they decided to introduce CR and CR lockouts. It is not rude whatsoever. You are saying it because you feel it is, but that is not a fact.

It means I want to play with other experienced players. :);):confused::cool:

It is nothing like that at all. What are you even talking about? o_O

Not a violation of privacy. Its a game where you pug people. You want in my party? You apply for a spot. There are level and stat requirements. You don't have to join my party if you don't want to, but if you want to I should be able to inspect you. I will anyways and kick you. It will just save us time if you don't lie and hide it. Virtual privacy? Lol. The game decides what it wants to show. Some games wills how you how much money the other person has. Not an invasion of privacy. Being better able to understand how long the person played and how well they might know the game as well as if they are lying or not are FACTS. Bully and fake privacy are assumptions and delusions.
    • Like x 1
  20. Tule New Player

That was kind of my entire point. He accused me of insecurity. I was showing how easy that is to imply. Virtual privacy? You guys are crazy.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.