Account Suspention

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazahs Loyal Player

Either way, I hope the OP gets this fixed as they have been a long time forumite and I hope DBG treats them as such
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

How bout report it?

I know, I know it's too much to ask right? Just accept any and everything you get at face value?
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm sorry that you're apparently living with a crippling level of OCD whereby you can't just let a mail sit in your inbox for a month. You can find treatment for it. This isn't sarcastic.
    • Like x 1
  4. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

I can see it, its just you were presented with the answer when (if) you read my post.
    I'll type it out again so:

No, you dont wait 30-60 days, thats ridiculous.
    No, you shouldnt be deleting the mail because the Devs are actually actively trying to track these bots down, so you destroying evidence would also be ridiculous.
    You simply exit the mail, put down your controller/keyboard, get online and report it. Once the issue is handled by the devs I guarantee you they'll have the email deleted before you log in again.

The player hasnt accepted anything and so broke no ToS, the player then actually helped track down a bot, DCUO suddenly has 1 less bot to worry about. #Logic
    • Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

[IMG]
  6. useless Well-Known Player

And its forbidden to send in game cash or recive it ?
    Or mainframe bots ?
    Or auras ?
    I can send my in game cash to whom ever i want.
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Very good suggestion.

This should actually be made known to all players not to accept strange mails with very valuable attachments - instead report it maybe? It is true a refusal system would be a much better solution.
    • Like x 2
  8. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Getting a strong feeling you skipped over a lot of that conversation, maybe even the entire thread, including the context.
    Sending ingame cash between players is allowed, receiving it from a bot is a clear violation of the ToS. Bots arent a charity, they represent those MMOOK or EGPAL companies, who distribute ingame "gold" for real money.

This is all assuming ingame cash was involved. Which however likely, might not have been.
  9. inferno Loyal Player

This scenario scares me quite a bit. I don't know how one can stop somebody from sending mail to my account nor knowing that opening whatever may be attached to it could get me banned.
    I imagine that whoever sent it to you must be some hacker who generated tons of it and that maybe found out that DCUO was going through accounts that has an unreasonable number of particular items: i.e. an account that may have 100 wings of sin or Phoenix material or 5000 mainframe bots. And maybe this hacker just decided to dump all these items to the nearest person to him in the mailboxes to avoid suspicion or a ban. That is just terrifying.
    I hope you were able to recover your account. I'm glad they gave you a more detailed explanation and hope that they gave you chance to argue your case.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you magically and randomly receive a ton of marketplace or otherwise valuable items in the mail from a complete stranger with maybe a nonsensical name, it's best not to accept them. For some reason, that looks to us a lot like you made a real money transaction outside of the game, in violation of the terms of service, especially if those goods are randomly coming from an account banned for fraud.

For specific questions about specific situations, players must contact the customer support team in a ticket.
    • Like x 5
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

There's a reason you can be charged with "receiving stolen goods" in real life, people.
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

I think a lot of people see that point.

There is a way to get rid of the mail without taking the item or waiting those days, but it is a bit extreme.
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Agree with this

Just find it weird.. mainframe bots are not MP or rare - I sell mine for 1 to get rid of em lol
  14. Saami Loyal Player

I have got banned two times in other MMOs without my fault. In both cases i got my account back in 48hours.

Lesson to learn... If you or your friends account get banned. Send ticket and tell them excactly what happened.

If you cant get your account back at all... So long cheater.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

There was probably cash in addition to those bots. Just sayin'.
    • Like x 1
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This is unsettling for me as well..i sell a lot of things on the broker... and most the time i just click each one to get the little envelope thing off the screen that way its open for when something new sells..... as the chat scrolls pretty fast most the time i realize you have to hit square to accept but i also buy a lot of things ont he broker as well at one time... one f these could slip into the middle and i could be introuble with out even realizing...

Maybe rather than a suspension maybe an email first that we can respond back to or something... just doesnt seem right o go straight for the suspension/ban
  17. inferno Loyal Player

I am glad that they gave him a more detailed explanation of the event. I'm also glad that at least they have certain guidelines to determine if a possible fraud is being committed i.e. the sender's name is non-sensical.

Perhaps an added layer of security should be in place when someone is putting you on friend's list or mailing list. A system notification of a sort, that a player needs to verify acceptance. I never really cared for having my entire league roster automatically in my mailing list; specially when you have 200+ members in your league. Nor do I like being invited to a group/instance by someone nowhere near me and had just apparently "friended" me at some time without my say-so.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I want all of what you are saying as well...

I never liked that an entire league is added to my friends list... and i dont like being added with out knowing who is adding me not for any paranoia reasoning like i was accused of years ago when this topic was brought up...but i should have some say in who adds me and who doesnt... there are people i wish didnt ninja invite me all the time in the past when i played more and had more in game acquaintances ......i stilll get ninja invited by people who i dont know and have no idea how or why they added me...

Which also goes for being added to peoples bases list... just cause someone adds me to their list doesnt mean i want to go to their base I should beable to manually take my self off their base list.... it clogs up my “Bases” tab in my teleporter... (if i remember right you cant customize that right?)
    • Like x 1
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

He makes a very good point about not being able to delete e-mails in DCUO and being able to keep people from adding you to a friends list. I keep my mail empty because I am constantly selling crap. The only way to keep mail manageable is to accept all the crap and then sell or delete it. I keep my friends list short as possible because I learned my lesson a while ago about adding people to lists just for the sake of adding them. I'm still deleting people off of my original characters lists and its 2018. LOL never again.

Whether it adds up is not the point. I could care less what the OP did. If he did something that's on him.
    The point Fawk was making was about e-mails and not having control who adds us to a friends list.
    In the real world we can delete the e-mail and in DCUO we cannot. In DCUO you have to open it to get rid of it or it clutters up the mail. In FB & many other games people are not friends unless both agree and that's how DCUO should function.
    • Like x 1
  20. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Yes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.