Account Suspention

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Troller Loyal Player

very cool man. always nice to bump into an og.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Do I know this is exactly what did it? No but that is the only thing out of sorts that I can think of in connection to what the violation was said to be.

To be specific, the wording was "receiving illegitimate DC cash from known fraud accounts". This wording is odd to me, does it mean in game cash or Marketplace money? To my knowledge Marketplace cant be traded and as for the in game cash, my accounts are Premium and thus cant receive cash. Even if I put the mainframe bots on the broker I still couldn't benefit.

As for what Mepps said on page 3, I really wish I had paid closer attention to the name but I don't recall it be nonsensical or anything that would set off any alarms. There is a slight chance I didn't delete the mail, I had thought about sending the bots back but was a snot and didn't (got really bad karma for that), so it might still be there.

One of the main reasons I didn't give it much thought at the time is like what many have commented about here, they were mainframe bots, what kind of value do those have?. I didn't even know you could put them on the broker, they are just items I put in the bank and use every once in awhile.

I don't know, this all makes no sense to me. I stay as far away from rule breaking as I can, I find no purpose in cheating and believe you have to be really stupid to pay real money for useless fake money. I don't know how this could have been a mistakenly sent mail but it also seems strange that someone would have purposefully done this. I have been in a lot of disagreements over the years but I don't think I have made anyone so mad they would do something like this (and as I write this I realize the current world we live in, it is sadly possible).
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

As my accounts are Premium, no, no cash was added.

Now I don't know if the sender tried to send cash or how that even works but I do know that I cant receive cash.
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

so....are you still banned?
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Its actually a suspension, there is a difference (though I guess that doesn't really matter) but yes the account is still suspended.

Basically, mail was sent and received. To the metrics available to DGC that's all there is to it. What was sent doesn't matter and they have no way of proving or disproving if an out of game transaction occurred.

So that's that, the account gets a 7 day suspension and is now on a watch list of sorts. Which really sucks and to add to it, in making this thread there are now people here who will see my name in a suspicious light.
  6. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

You can receive cash through mail as premium. I had a few friends sell my op collections and certain base items when titans first came out for me, then mail the money back ( was premium then), whoever sends money has to have legendary of course
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Hmm, that is not at all what I thought I knew about things.

It was described as no cash transfers at all with non subs, trade or mail. That seems strange that, that would be a possible function allowed by SOE/DGC.
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

That is correct thou, in a way, as premium you can't trade or mail money to others.
    But you can accept mail attachments of money from whoever mails it to u
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

It'll go right into escrow. I have a feeling when you get the account back, anything that WOULD have been there will now be gone.
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

i think i'm still on plenty of watchlists. i used to be quite a troublemaker when the game first came out. hang in there.
  11. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

You go ahead and think whatever you want to think precious. I know the truth, and that's fine enough for me. But your argument is invalid, and it has no merit. There is a difference between "common sense" and not knowing the dynamics of the game. I will admit that I have had made some posts in the past on here where my lack of knowledge of the game showed. This game has been online for many years and there are people that are more knowledgeable about it than I am. I'm still figuring things out. But thats not to say that I don't have any common sense. You don't know me, so you have no right to judge me. Don't like it? I don't care. Have a nice day sunshine!
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

When you post like this it makes people think you care. That's why it keeps happening.
  13. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I am entitled to defend myself. I'm not going to just lay down and roll over like a wounded dog. I will bite back when pushed hard enough.
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

It's not a right when it over a privately owned entity
    • Like x 1
  15. dresserball Dedicated Player

You are entitled to it. I am confused though because you say you don't care but you take time to write out a post and also defend it. All this makes me feel like you do care.
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There really is no need to be pointlessly belligerent at strangers.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

In breaking news, game companies are not governments and don't owe you or me anything.
    • Like x 1
  18. dresserball Dedicated Player

So do you care or not? Seems like you care a great deal
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Newsflash: this is a public forum. If you don't want comments, don't post. You don't get to dictate other people's responses. (I didn't ask for your opinion of my opinion, but I'm not complaining that you gave it.)

Also, only a child thinks "HE DID IT FIRST!" is an excuse for bad behavior.

Except that you keep generally insulting the entire forum before anyone has said anything to you. Try not doing that, perhaps? Just a thought.
    • Like x 2
  20. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

You are incorrect. I was not insulting the entire forum. Only the one that was insulting my intelligence. I will stand up for myself and not allow myself to be bullied by others. Now, this is the last time I am posting anything or looking at anything on this particular thread. I am moving forward and letting this go. Have a nice day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.