Account Suspention

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Believe it's actually 59 days before it mails back to sender (at least for me it is that long on pc)
    Edit, or is it that long for mailing stuff between alts only? Maybe I'm wrong
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, good thing to know, if you ever get random mail like that containing attachments, don't take it. good lesson for everyone really.
    • Like x 2
  3. kingmasternova Loyal Player

If i get ban they just helped me to quit the game since 2010-2011.
  4. Quantum Rising Committed Player

If that was what caused the ban that's some serious BS imho. I mean how were you supposed to know?
    • Like x 2
  5. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

Or it just weaponized gold sellers. If someone paid them to send items to the account of someone you hate, it could give them a ban.
    I'm not liking this idea at all.
    • Like x 1
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

People buy mainframe bots? I could see if was a large amount of ingame cash, but mainframe bots? That just seem weird imo. Did you get account back?
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

you played the game when it was in beta?
  8. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

First off, this goes back to the thread I created about privacy concerns in the game. This also brings another concern to mind, which I haven't brought up before because its been nothing. Until now. When you receive an email with an attachment within the game, you cannot delete that email WITHOUT getting the attachment first. If I am understanding you correctly, it sounds like you received the email with the bots as attachments within the in game email feature. How can you decline that email, to keep you out of trouble, if the feature doesn't allow you to delete it without accepting it in the first place? That's not on you, that's on Daybreak. Because of their limitation. I don't know about you, but in my opinion that's unfair and your account should be unblocked. And DBG should find a way to resolve and close that little loophole. They also need to address some of these other privacy issues, making it easier & safer for players to block spammers, or other players in certain situations.
    • Like x 2
  9. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

There is no way that accepting an in-game email is what got you banned.
    • Like x 4
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You make a good point.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

Agreed.
    I know a guy who has used "those types of services" for years.
    Something isn't being told here.

Sorry., not buying it
    • Like x 1
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

I must admit to being skeptical myself. I don't know the OP well enough to just take his word at it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
    • Like x 5
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

No, no, and just plain NO.
    If you receive an email int the REAL world that you don't know whom it is, or why you receive it do you open it? Hint...NO unless you want spyware, adware or virus. You either mark as spam...Or wait for it. DON"T open it. The game "will" return to sender if not opened in a certain period of time.

As someone who gets a "vacation per the devs" at least 1-2 x per year" something doesn't add up. I'm not blaming the Op per se, but something aint right.

I know it, the devs know it, and the OP should've known it.
  14. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Please re-read what I said. I was talking about the IN GAME email. Not regular email that you get in the real world. In case you got that, and I misunderstood that part, then let me remind you the point that my earlier post was trying to make. You can't delete an email within the game that has an attachment with it, unless you accept the attachment. So if you were to receive an email from someone you don't know, and you don't want to accept it because you are concerned what the attachment is, what are you supposed to do? Just leave it in your inbox? I don't think so. That doesn't sit well with me. You should be allowed to delete the email without accepting the attachment. That was the point that I was trying to make.
  15. Mazahs Loyal Player

it's the same thing.
    Don't know who, what or why

Don't open it

Pretty simple

Stop blaming others for your lack of common sense
  16. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Again, re-read what I said. I edited that previous post.
  17. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

No he doesnt. DCUO isnt set up so when you read an email you automatically accept anything attached. Thats manually done by the player. If anything like this happens the player should be reporting the mail immediately and not accepting anything from it. Its that simple and safe. Its nothing against the OP, but if I were a betting man I'd say there was also ingame cash attached. Bots dont deliver mainframe bots, but they do try to disguisd their mails. May not have been the OPs fault though. Say the OP was "G1NGERBREAD", someone with a toon called "G1NGËRBREÅD" could have ordered it and the OP recieved it due to a typo.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

*sigh* My point was not being able to delete the email without accepting the attachment first. I know that accepting that is manual. The button must be clicked to do so. But as I said a moment ago, what are you supposed to do? Leave the email in there and wait 30 or 60 days for it to delete itself? That's not right. Players should be allowed to delete that email WITHOUT having to accept the attachment. THAT WAS THE POINT THAT I'M TRYING TO MAKE!!! Why can't you people see that?
    • Like x 1
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

And FYI, I have plenty of common sense.
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

I did re-read it. Nope, still not DBG's fault entirely
    #somethingsfishy

Take some responsibility stop blaming others. Yes I have seen you multitude of complaining posts before and probably skewing my reaction.

Sorry OP, but part of the blame lies with you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.