A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Actually just did that test to debunk some claims of equal pet damage in DPS and support stance. ;)

Yeah, I get the differences between Earth and Sorc. I was just trying to figure out how buffing just the pet to improve the damage didn't shift the percentages more. If Rokyn is getting about 50/50 after the buff, seems it should have favored the player more prior to the buff. Right?
  2. Maximus Hunter Well-Known Player

The part where fury really suffers is in its attack Arcane Barrage. The thing misses so much that it is astonishing that nobody says anything. Arcane Barrage has the accuracy of time bomb or gravity bomb except worse because if it misses the attack just does not explode or anything. If anyone wants to know the secret to outdpsn a fury all you have to do is juggle adds.

Crystal on the other has epicenter, does aoe and never misses. Plus in duos she even groups the adds together. Crystal is simply better.
    • Like x 3
  3. Veritech Loyal Player

Lmao! I have them in a tier system... well sort of.
    I focus on the main of each role first (main troll, main tank, main healer, with veri as the #1 main)

Then as I'm comfortable with their progress I'll move through the B teams, and hit the other faction when villain side is dead - like it is as I type this.

I have more too that are not listed :eek: sorc, rage, hl, nature, celestial, & quantum toons that are <T6
    • Like x 1
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

Sorcery and Earth will be FOTM during a long time, for sure. More than Ice and Quantum.
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

So why are there still a massive lack of those players? It's really not FOTM, it's just competitive now. Massive difference.
  6. Veritech Loyal Player

Quantum has a buff on test right now. I don't see the 17.19% quantum to 3.97% earth difference changing to be honest.

Ice is still simple & solid in both dps and tanking, so I think the 12.93% are happy there.
    Sure an ice could switch to earth, but they'd have to put in more effort (comparatively) to get the same results or better. Not many like the pet idea either.
    ~And they'd most likely totally fail at earth tanking ;)
  7. L T Devoted Player

Keep in mind that the "Tunso Test" -- at least the melee one, probably won't reflect how you actually play. Those tests rely on higher-damage melee weapon attacks, and will skew the damage percentage in that direction. In an actual run, you'll probably hang back at 12M or so, using range weapon attacks, so your % weapon damage will be lower.
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

I've actually considered wearing mostly tank gear to buff my health, then during on the head of the boss, just for kicks. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Dogico Loyal Player

10 seconds wouldn't be as useful as a 1 min parse or after combat parse. The 10 second thing for the Tunso test is only for people who goof on their rotations; pets never do.
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

8 target pet vs player would give the pets an unfair/unrealistic advantage also as they would have unlimited power which wouldn't reflect real world behaviour.

Can't wait for the day where you can interact with the test dummies and make your own custom settings (powerback on/off, dummy cr adj, set defence stats, set health stat, etc) that would be the shiz.
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

The pets don't get power from sparring targets anymore.
  12. Veritech Loyal Player

Oh when did that change? I missed that update note.. :/
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

A while back. Supreme actually had to bring it to my attention, lol!
    • Like x 1
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Possibly. I'll fiddle around with it later on.
    I was more concerned with initial burst for both Sorc/Earth collectively pre and post buff (no despawn).
    Also Im not sure what you mean.
    when I switched to Sorcery I wanted to see how much damage Fury did before a Time Bomb/EMP/Splosion/Mass Terror/Fireburst/Arctic Gust went off, so 5-10 seconds was my standard to match the burst of the pet in that amount of time.
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

If you read Tunso's post about how he wants things tested he says the 10 second timer thing is for when people mess up. The idea being if someone goofs during a rotation then that particular 10 seconds can be thrown out without much testing time being lost.

That's fine if you are specifically looking for initial burst but to me 5-10 seconds doesn't tell me anything. If damage in the 5-10 second range matters that means there is a design flaw with the instance, not with the powersets. I mostly run 1 min tests and I prefer single target tests because they offer a better gauge of how powers will behave when dps matters.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Sure I know about the method. I did quite a few of them. I was talking about a different matter though.

Well yeah. But I decided I dont care anymore and started scorecard chasing.
    for me, compared to Ice/Mental/Fire/Gadgets, which are quick as hell, and very well sustained... yeah.. it's gonna tell me a lot of what I need to do for that amount of time.
    I agree though.

Take care. Im at the point where Im gonna retire my toons anyway.
    • Like x 1
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

I gonna answer the first part:

There is no "big" youtuber out there showing the classes in action. They get no attention therefore the FOTM crowd doesnt care as they lack the fundamentals to grasp what is good and they need to be told by such sources.

Secondly, the off-roles on both classes are "harder" to master for the most. The average healer goes bonkers when he has to deal with splitted healing areas as sorcery. Earth tanking is just another story as the pet tanking may be viable and fairly easy but lacks the buffer on pets death (they placed one but on the wrong side of the end). Aftershock makes you think when and what duration (how much aftershocking) to apply thats like needing to read bosses and making decisions ... how a powerset dares to requests a players brain thats obviously unacceptable for most.

It will all shift eventually.
    • Like x 2
  18. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yeah, it was more of a rhetorical question to get that person to think about what he was saying, but thanks for the reply :)
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

We have 1, 3 and 8 groupings of dummies. Parses should be done on all of them in my opinion.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

For most abilities, the 3 and 8 should actually yield similar results.