A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Electricity especially is stronger against the three due to the way the power splits. That is why Kaiser got great numbers with the power when GU50 was first announced.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, something must be broken, then. Everything is supposed to split after 2, so you are only supposed to get 200% of single target damage aggregate. Are there Electricity abilities that don't split properly?
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

I think Tesla Ball splits differently, but other than that I think everything else for Electricity splits after 2.
  4. Plasma Man Level 30

I came to this thread to get some insight on earth power. Why am I seeing stuff about other powers? The title says "A Guide to Everything Earth". Wtf is going on?
    • Like x 1
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Maybe you should read the prior pages before that discussion was brought up. What questions do you have regarding the Earth power set?
  7. Plasma Man Level 30

I'm just trying to find a good loudout for earth dps. I'm new to dpsing with earth and want to know what's the best loadout to use.
  8. Veritech Loyal Player

Find a good hard hitting weapon combo, buff yourself up, and keep fortify on cooldown.

Lots of loadouts can fit the bill, but I'd recommend having reinforce and totem in there for the crit buff and prec buff.

That leaves you 2 slots, a lot of people go with rumblecrush and debris. Or sub out debris with shards or striking stones.

The idea is to clip weapon attacks with powers, as just spamming powers will chew your power bar in no time.
    eg rotation: combo/fortify, combo/rumblecrush/reinforce, combo/debris, combo/fortify, etc, etc
    • Like x 1
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Okay gotcha. First things first, before we discuss loadouts or rotations, you want to know where a majority of your damage is coming from and that's from Crystal and your weapon attacks. Knowing this, will help you determine what takes priority in a rotation.

I would suggest that the staple powers in your loadout will be Fortify Golem, Crystal, Reinforce, Power Return SC/Totem. That leaves two spots open. Personally, I use Power Return SC over Totem since it gives my Crystal moments where she can get ticks of 4 to 5 straight burst hits due to the power she gets and it also helps the group. For the last two powers, you have complete freedom over what to use. For adds you can use a bursty combination of Rumblecrush and Striking Stones/Shards. For high health bosses you can use a DoT combination of Rumblecrush and Debris Field. For single target you can use Earthern Grip instead of Rumblecrush. I've seen people use Gag Glove and Debris Field before as well.

If you don't use burst abilities and only rely on weapon attacks then you can use SC, Totem and, Reinforce all together for a straight precision loadout if you wish. It all depends on how you want to play.

For the rotation, you always want to have Fortify Golem off cool down at all times and always spam your weapon attacks. For the weapon you use, you can utilize either WM or weapon hold clipping. Either way of DPSing yields similar results in damage. I prefer weapon hold clipping since it produces smoother rotations for me and I prefer clipping. Below are examples:

EDIT: Melee Weapon mastery and Clipping Melee holds always yield a bit higher DPS than ranged weapons. Some weapons such as WM DW, Scissor Kick, and WM 2H are versatile and competitive no matter where you stand at.

EDIT2: Crystal does increased damage 12 meters or closer and Fortify Golem sets up additional damage and gives power to Crystal's attacks. You can achieve additional damage if you set up the crushing or dazing PI without Fortify Golem. Movement power return SCs such as Vacuum Bubble, Backflip, and Speed Drain give power to the pet.
    • Like x 5
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

4.13%
    • Like x 1
  11. Plasma Man Level 30

OK thx. last thing, how should I mod my gear with precision or might? I will be using synthetics.
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Precision.
    • Like x 1
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

As much as I'd like to see the earth population grow I fear the lazy dps will flock to iron this new doc cause mods and so mean very little to pet powers they will do decent damage even though they themselves won't but crytal will pick up their slack ... The good thing tho ppl who know how to dps using earth and sort are going to have the fastest runs cause crystal is a little beast
  14. Dogico Loyal Player

The single target test is the only test that has some carryover to actual gameplay. The single target dummy with a large health pool resembles boss fights, many of which involve only one boss or one boss with a few meaningless adds. The eight target test doesn't translate to how trash adds are dealt with in this game; usually it's tank/troll stun a group of adds then everyone burns them down in 15 seconds or less.

I've used the eight target some times but I prefer singe target.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Problem with single target is it won't characterize AoE and damage splitting properly. Really, there no perfect scenario. At least for balancing purposes, the Devs have settled on the 8-target.
  16. Dogico Loyal Player

If I do use an eight target test, it's just to check if damage is splitting properly rather than to see what my dps is for eight targets. You're right though, the devs have decided on eight target tests so my disagreement is pointless.
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Hey, personally, I feel 3 target is more appropriate. For instance, 8 target inflates damage for Celestial. I'm hoping they don't over nerf range, when they address melee, because of it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Here2Help Devoted Player

I also feel that the 3 target is the best option.
  19. zCaution Well-Known Player

Why'd you let darkman pass you lol
  20. Dogico Loyal Player

I let him win to boost his confidence. I'm nice like that.
    • Like x 1