A calm suggestion for the devs

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Derio, Dec 11, 2016.

1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Wait, I'm lost. I thought you were on the supportive side saying that was I was doing was under the good definition of exploiting, but it sounds like you meant the opposite in this line. Saying it's my choice makes it seem like you wouldn't do it, but if you're talking about the good definition of exploiting, I can say a person is exploiting hive mind as a nature healer if they are using moves that give them power back for healing efficiency. I can say a troll is exploiting supply drop by using it when the group is low on power. Given the basic definition that you gave, every "good" player in this game would've exploited something at some point, which makes me lost given that means that you made the same choice as me at some point in terms of having exploited something.
    • Like x 1
  2. Miserable Dedicated Player

You're arguing that bot clipping is an exploit. Cool. Where does skill fit into any of this? It takes more skill to bot clip than to not bot clip. No one who is "good" with bot clipping is "bad" without it. Most people who bot clip aren't "resorting" to it to do good damage, they are doing it as something extra to increase their DPS because they are probably the type of players who like to maximize their damage.

Bot clipping might be an exploit, so if that is your argument, you should keep it focused there because implying that people who bot clip, superclip, etc. lack skill or are bad otherwise is just silly.
  3. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

History repeats itself. How many times have we said "All we ask is...."?
    • Like x 4
  4. xD25x Dedicated Player

I never said it wasn't skillful. I just said people who resort to exploits and glitches generally lack confidence in their own skills and have to look for a way to improve results whether it's ethical or not. A repair bot is a 1 time use item to repair your gear. Not an item to put in your loadout to artificially circumvent a dovetail design by the devs. But hey we could always ask them for clarification.
    • Like x 2
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

All the rest of the feedback threads have been closed. So I have to write my testing feedback in this thread.

1. Weapons
    Kinda like having to use weapon combos while seeing all the little blue numbers come in, filling up my power bar.

2. Cooldowns and PoT cycles
    Bad bad BAD. Return it to what it was before. Do not force 2 trollers to such an extreme because it will create resentment from people forced to PuG, because they are in an inactive league, or are only able to log on at weird hours (off peak hours) due to their work schedule / family schedule, and have to try to coordinate with a second Controller who does not respond to either Voice Chat or typed Group Chat.

3. Weapon Mastery
    Only used 1-H. But having to get Spin Slash (5 tap melee) to get the 1-H Weapon Mastery, that I do not like. Unable to fully test the numbers for the different weapon attacks without any sparring targets around. But from just eyeballing it, guess Spin Chopping is back again, and Flip Slash spamming is gone cos the range is no longer there.

4. Bug (Psychic Empowerment)
    As noted by others, Psychic Empowerment is currently returning power to oneself, does not matter if you are in Controller or Dps role.

5. Supercharge Generator (huge Huge HUGE dislike here)
    Its not needed because, no one ever really argued for increased Supercharge regeneration ever, but now Supercharge regen will be part of the new meta, whether it be for vastly increased DPS / Heals / Power Heal / Survivability. If Supercharge regen stays, everything will be balanced around Supercharges. It will increase the amount of time needed to balance everything. Its highly HIGHLY HIGHLY UNNECESSARY.

6. New Power Back Mechanic (why? + Suggestion)
    This new Power Back is kinda like the current AM setup, less restriction yes in that you are not forced to also get AG or Mass Terror etc to get the big DPS hit, but also much lower power return. Same same but different.

[IMG]

And also, you cannot play strictly from tray, which some people want and would like that to stay. People were also kind off expecting to not have to use Cold Snap or Psychic Resonance in their loadout. Also, with this new Supercharge Generator, its another variable forced into the meta.

Instead of having the power back trigger on your loadout, just make it one of the innates (iconic or stat tree) that you can activate with just 1 skill point.

That would make it kinda like the way Nature DPS works currently? Right now, you can just strictly do Vine Lash, Savage Growth, Briar, Harvest, Swarm repeat (tap range and clip power repeat), with little fear of power running out. But you would need to use Carnage (not part of power return) and do weapon combos (1-H Flip, HB SF/SK) clip with Harvest / VP / Thorn Burst etc to maximise your damage. So one is combining weapon combo clipping with tray powers spamming.
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

These 3 powers still need to be looked at. Next on test is 3 different powers. So I hope they take this feedback heavily, and come back to those powers.
  7. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

I don't think that's a good idea in the current form.
    I'd prefer if every single power used (except for those SCs of which power regen is not an explicit part of) automatically triggers power regen at a weak base stat.
    If we want more power regen, we can accomplish that by putting SP into vitalization.
    I think that'd be a better option, because this way no separate slot on the loadout is required to activate power regen, and if we have power regen or not is still optional.

Or there could be a combination of both:
    Every power triggers a weak power regen and this can be improved by putting stats into vit, but there's also a power that triggers a strong power regen. So that way, if you don't have many SP, or just want to spend them in other stats, you can still have decent power regen, but you'll have to sacrifice a slot in your loadout. (And additional vit stats would only improve this strong power regen by half as much as it improves the weak power regens)
    The more I think about it, the more I prefer this combination.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

The idea is ok. Just not too much regen so no troll is needed, but I think you wnat it to be weak so it helps, but you still need 1-2 trolls.

power regen is based on the powerpool (like it already is)
    Power back is based on Vita (like bugform).

So it would be more usefull to have it based on power (like they made it on test already)
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I doubt the devs put Suppressor Turret in the game as a means to clip out of animations in the exact same way the repair bot does, but they just put a white socket in the game that gave it an accelerated cooldown which would be useless if they saw turret as only a pet. Repair bot'ing is the same as the ST clip that's been used as gadgets for years since before WM and AM, it just doesn't require a loadout slot.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Derio is a long term player friend he knows how things used to be and it wasnt what I copied in your post as red. all that came much later in the game. we dont know what this new stuff will be yet because over 80% of the people posting in this thread arent even on test trying the stuff out and are just posting on speculation based on the title post in thread and making assumptions.

side note tho I too am really concerned with how they handle combo powers such as atomic specificly as is was created with its AM and wasnt added later so i really want to know how they address that
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I just want to make a observation a lot of people in this and the testing threads keep assuming that every player will be super concerned with the Super charge generation aspect of these changes.. thats really not a huge issue as everyone doesn't or want to use them.. hell a lot of the powers it doesn't even really make since to use them as there choices suck. all im saying is at least that one move to generate more isnt needed and wont be in every loadout so relax on that issue at least :)
  12. farm3rb0b Committed Player

^^^ THIS. I think folks are jumping a little too hard on the notes and not enough on the practical applications at this point. A lot of power sets aren't on test yet and a lot of folks in our league at least, are holding off until some of the other sets are released. I could hop on and look at Mental, but I'm not going to be able to provide the same feedback that I could with Gadgets/Light/Quantum, so I'm choosing to wait.

Once groups are formed for alerts and raids on test that have people used to their role, I think we're going to have a better picture of how the new role-oriented changes will work into the game.
  13. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I can only speak for the Electricity powerset right now, but the SC, at least Megavolt and Circuit braker are not worth it.
  14. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Oh and to show that the devs do support player-made innovations that weren't intended in some cases, you can refer to JackFrost recently. "if folks can pull that move off successfully, good for them, even if it wasn't intended". He only has a problem if people think rolling through it is the main way to cleanse it instead of the others he mentioned. Same philosophy means:
    - Rolling replaces shielding up or moving Zeus by allowing us to avoid using a shield cooldown or having Zeus getting buffed.
    - Repair bot replaces suppressor turret by allowing us to avoid using a pet cooldown and a loadout slot.
    - Rolling is fine as long as people don't see it as the main way to cleanse the pools over shielding or moving Zeus and lose sight of those mechanics put in for that reason.
    - Repair bot is fine as long as people don't see it as the main way to clip animations over suppressor turret or other methods and lose sight of the original purpose of the repair bot.
    [IMG]
  15. Aeon_Max New Player

OK.. cant post this on TestForums so ill put mine right here.

i played Mental till lvl37 then few duos, solos and alerts.
    ive tried out some different playstyles (with SC, w/o SC, DPS with troller abilities and vice versa, full DPS with a troller)

GOOD things:
    - u can do a great DPS as troller and press some mana out also (sometimes outDPSed full DPS in Troller role with DPS gear)
    - if all players use their own p0t troller dont need to be the battery
    - SC Generator is DefDebuff (OP for Trolling)
    - u control ur own power bar for both roles. its veeeeery cool
    - SC update is really nice for trollin (Chest mod with 60 SC back every SC + Head Mod with 125 SC back on every SC => non stop SC as troller)
    - ALL POWERS can be like Atomic Tank on LIVE now = mixed gear + Support role = very good DMG and support the group

BAD things:
    - cooldown are way to long. U feel like useless in alerts because all ur group member are out of power and ur powerbar is full but the whole loadout is on cooldown
    - no DoTs
    - SCs are useless for DPS=> SC Generator useless for DPS but for troller its a musthave
    - buggy clipping(repbots or PD) is maybe with higher stats ans SP an option for more dmg. At low level and low stats its impossible
    - Weapon Combos tap hold is the same dmg like 5taphold => why? where is the reason for doing the combos? with more SP its hb tapholdrange ->power all the time

Personal Conclusion:
    I really dont wanna be DPS if its like now because its easy possible to outDPS a DPS in ur support role => DPS is useless then

The funny part:
    I using same loadout for troll and DPS but different order
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

if they release next 3 powers with the same ridiculous cooldowns, i wont even bother loging in.
    • Like x 2
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Me too. I tested mental and ice over the weekend and disliked the changes very much. Its real simple for me, if i cant play from the tray and my powers are always on cooldown to where im using my weapon 60-80% of the time then i wont be playing dcuo anymore and if controlling ends up how it was over the weekend and i did stay playing for some reason i can say i will never control again. I also see where it was debated a little about how no1 wanted this. I look at these forums daily and dont remember a single person asking for how powers work to be changed, for much longer cooldowns, or PoT to be 6 seconds and stuns to be removed.

If anyone wants to share a link where people were asking for those things then i stand corrected. And yes people on here dont speak for the entire community. But if so many people loved the 1st stage of the testing where is all the feedback saying that? Any player can go on test, make a forum account and come here and post their feedback.

What i saw was a few people here and there saying they liked certain things. I could not find anyone who said they liked it all until late last night. And it was 1 person. I did however see a whole bunch of posts disliking a lot of the changes. My main concern tho is the final build and an even bigger concern is the very vocal minority being listened to and that decisions on all of this has been made already and the testing is just people trying to find broken bugged stuff. I really hope feedback is considered. But just because a few people like something doesnt mean its the best way or right decision. The same with if the majority likes something it doesnt mean its the best way or right decision.

The 1 thing that does irk me a little is seeing some of us post feedback and only care about how changes affect themselves and their circle of friends/league ingame. Imo people should try to see things from every perspective. I include myself in this as some of my feedback from the weekend didnt reflect what i just said. Wish i could go back and edit a few things. I think all of need to be as objective as possible. Its really early and obviously a whole lot of testing still needs to be done. I just really hope this entire thing improves then game and the direction is stuck with instead of a year from now or so there is talk of changing things again.
    • Like x 2
  18. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I didn't quit on GU36, I didn't quit on GU47, why? Because I am a healer main. If the healer role does not get changed back to how it is on live and adjustments aren't taken into account that we actually requested I think I may very well end up quitting because this new vision they have for support roles is completely wrong...
    • Like x 3
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Next on test is most likely these three powers with adjustments + three more, or just these three again adjusted. The reason we went out with just three is so we can act on this feedback before we have spent the time in the other 11.
    • Like x 4
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Mepps did u guys say what the next 3 powers would be already? I was looking cause i saw people say next 3 powers on test kinda statements but couldnt find anything like that from u guys.