A calm suggestion for the devs

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Derio, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Is there any way shape or form for the devs to cut the power regen power tied to each powerset and make that an innate ability or link it with supercharge builder or weapon buff.

Its extremely limiting to make that one move cost us a power slot.

Stats matter is suppose to be about freeing up control, and where all powers in the powerset are viable. But with such restrictions on the loadout it kind of feels like AM 2.0

Is this the only self power solution available. In order to be effective my loadout on test seems to be very limited in choices.
    • Like x 26
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

My question is, will we actually need the SC builder and power back abilities in our loadouts for alerts and raid's? Or can those be reserved mainly for duos and solos? Has anyone tested this in a raid yet or is it pure optimism and speculation?
    • Like x 1
  3. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Until we start running content with controllers we actually really have no idea whether a self power back ability would be required. I couldn't find any controllers to run with today so I can't give an opinion.

Before AM/WM this is what it was like, without a troll you'd have no power but the power costs currently are gigantic in comparison to those days.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

In gorilla island I had a controller. I thought I could get by without my self PoT but I was wrong since PoT only last 6 seconds. I tried to limit my weapon usage as much as possible and go mostly play from the tray. The run ended with me using weapon roughly 60% of the time even with my self power and the controller PoT. In a raid this might be different. Solos and duos dont really count since defeated enemies grant power.

Power is only an issue during boss fights during solos since there are no adds to kill to help generate easy power from their deaths.
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Screw it...I'll level up a Mental toon to 30 tonight real quick.

I gotta see this in action. What I'm reading on the forums thus far has scared the absolute s**t out of me and makes me think the Devs have once again pulled an overkill on changes. :(
    • Like x 14
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Depending on what content you are in or what your group makeup is, or what you want your playstyle to be, or how you have specced your gear/mod/skill point stats, and so on, the idea is that the self power regen ability is an option you have. You might use it when you want to play tray-heavy, or in smaller group content, or without (enough) controllers, but might not use it if you have controllers, are mixing in your weapon more, or are focusing on supercharge, etc. I think it's easy/reasonable to look at all the options and builds you have available (many of them new), and feel like you need all of it, when in reality I think over time people will see there are more ways to play and choices to make to support that.

The revamp should offer those builds and possibilities, and make maximizing your preferred build not so many orders of magnitude better than someone with a less optimal or thought out loadout.

This isn't to discount the feedback - numbers may need adjusted so that this power isn't necessarily a requirement - just to put the process in some context.
    • Like x 3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Lol @ the changed title
  8. mexmex Dedicated Player

If we would need to have, a dps buff + shield + power regen + supercharged, we will only have two slots to choose the abilities we want, isnt that more restrictive? Unless you provide more abilities with these buffs, it will end up far more restrictive than what we already have.

One solution is to have some innates for power regen, and dps buffs at least, instead of being forced to get those from our abilities, that way we can really create more unique loadouts (otherwise remove those buffs completly, so people dont need to worry for those). This innates might actually work with SP as the rest of our stats too. So people can choose to invest in more than just one stat.

It is also a good idea to have more option viable for POT or debuffs instead of being forced to use only one for such purposes, lets say for example that Terror tendrils can cast an amount of POT but since it also might work as a stunt too for some adds, the POT should be lower than resonance which will do nothing else but POT push, even a third one option for instant power to the three more in need telekinesis but this one can stun one enemy. This is what I see as variability and players can choose the better way to go. And it also can justified the longer cooldowns

Can you please think in some kind of stuff like this so the support roles are not stuck into a loadout set on stone please
    • Like x 2
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What I was attempting to convey was that you don't need to have all of those things - you have the choice of which of those things you want to load out and build your stats towards.
  10. Isif Committed Player

Don't all loadouts, regardless of role or power, effectively need power back mechanic? Power back was given back to the individual. To not be a liability to the team, shouldn't everyone have power back. It is unfortunate that it will take up a power slot.
    • Like x 2
  11. Delta796th Loyal Player

Can't wait to play the new legends PVE err raids.
    So awesome to be a superhero who can shoot lightning, but relies on.my weapon 60% of the time.

Why do they always take a decent suggestion and make overkill changes?
    • Like x 18
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well there's more than one power back mechanic. The self power over time is for people who want to primarily play from their power tray. You also have the option to forego the self PoT if you want to play more using your weapon. That would allow you to put in powers that have longer cool downs, which gives you more time to build you power back up using your weapon. The whole point that I'm getting from all of this is that they want to give players variety in how they play. You can be a weapon user primarily, you can be a tray power user primarily, you could be a mix of both, you could focus on supercharges etc.

That being said, this is all in relation to the damage role. I can't say the same for tanks, trolls and healers as I haven't been able to test that yet myself.
  13. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

No offense mepps but before we had the options as well to not use AM and all that but we used it because it was the best way to make dps. I can see having self healing power, and the supercharge builder and a supercharge already being superior to other types of loadouts.
    Which goes back to same thing as before.
    • Like x 7
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I have to disagree with you there. While yes, technically, we had the option to not use the AM, it was never a viable option. In the age of AMs it was either use the AM or do barely any damage because of how much the AMs magnified damage. I have no doubt that there will be a "best" loadout for each power, but from my understanding the whole point of this is to give us a variety of ways to play in which many different loadouts and playstyles are comparable. That doesn't mean they all have to do the exact same DPS, just do enough so that the difference between them isn't major. The DPS difference between a power using a WM loadout vs an AM loadout was massive.

When you say you "can see" the self pot, SC builder and SC already being superior do you mean you have tested that yourself and seen it or it's something you envision? This is a genuine question, I'm not trying to say you haven't tested or anything like that. I haven't made it to 30 yet this weekend so haven't had the chance to try out many different loadouts, so if it's something you're already seeing then that's definitely something I'm interested in.
  15. mexmex Dedicated Player

Unless stat matter will go into a very different way, from what I am understanding now based on mepps replied, in order to have that self healing power working you will need to specs into vit and dom sacrificing some of the SP of might to go that route, and doing so your DPS will be lower, so now you will need to think what do you want the more, some power back at cost of might, that it seems fair to me, if it will work this way, because that way there will be different ways nad load out to dps
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

It's back in the day + nerfed AM power regen + buffed supercharge regen
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Megavolt isn´t worth it at the moment (lackluster dmg), and circuit braker doesn´t give you any attack buff.
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I think that the biggest issue is not the revamp itself, but that we are still restrained to choose between six power slots.
    just make (develop) and option to switch back and forth between 2 action bars, and i think most of the complains are goin to vanish.
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

The super charge builder is not really necessary. But static push does a decent amount of damage to where I would prefer it over other powers to put in my loadout, it being a super charge builder is an added plus.

For solos any loadout will do, well because its a solo. But you can play from the tray via solo with the power back ability due to enemies being weak and their deaths giving you power back.

I havent ran a raid yet, but in an alert even with a troller you will need the self power regen. Otherwise you will be spamming weapon combos due to the fact that enemies that die in the alerts dont give power back upon defeat. In area 51, gorilla island, and bludhaven( all having a troll with me) I found myself using powers about 40% of the time and weapons 60% of the time. Granted I was using my power back.

However I want to wait until I get to t4 content to do any real parsing to compare loadouts.

I do think for many people its the power back ability that holds a slot on your loadout that is a problem. Even though its a quick clip and has a reasonable cooldown. Its very noticeable when you arent using it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Keep in mind too all of our stats are greatly reduced compared to our live server toons as well. Power back from weapons is based on damage duration from weapons, at T8 we'll be hitting a lot harder with our weapons, and may get away with not having to use the power regeneration ability. For now it really is pure speculation though and I'm curious as to how all of this will effect gameplay in current content.