6+ Gig Update!?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ToySoldier13, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ToySoldier13 New Player

Is PS4 getting a new city before everyone else or what? Anyone on yet or has dug deep into the notes to see why our update is 7 times bigger than PC's?
  2. Toshknight Loyal Player

3. Lantern Flash Committed Player

Maybe this update has alot of the fixes needed to stablize the game on the PS4?

(hope so, I really want to get a PS4 after X-mas so I can start playing this game the way it was meant to be!)
  4. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

This update fixes a bunch of issues on PS4, the chat tabs saving, queues, UI problems ..etc...look at the patch notes
  5. 13igtyme Devoted Player

The last on was 5 gigs. I hope this doesn't become the standard.
  6. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Interesting.
    On the PC side the Update is only 948MB.
  7. ToySoldier13 New Player

That's my worry.

And I have Siress - those little tweaks sure as heck don't seem like they would add up to 1/3 of the game itself though! I don't see extreme graphical increases listed; if two or three lines of code is 6 gigs on this console it will be a long generation for us.
  8. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I don't care how big it is I just hope it fixes the issues on the ps4.
    • Like x 1
  9. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

I'm sure the fixes for the chat and ques are probably pretty large....

It takes me about 20-30 min to update at most, but then again I have a 50mb connection
  10. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Can you point to where in the patch notes it says it fixes the PS4 Queue issue? I'm missing it. I do see they are fixing it so that the correct role is displayed and the correct Legend character is displayed, but I don't see anything in there fixing the issue where you can't tell if you are queue'd up or not.
  11. Poo New Player

If I recall correctly, they said last time that PS4 will always have much larger file downloads for updates and stuff.
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

Another reason to come to the PC side ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The PS4's patching system is currently quite different from PC or PS3, and doesn't yet allow for smaller patches.
    • Like x 1
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I'll start letterbombing and praying, then. ;)
  15. Green Lantern New Player

Ha, I noticed the PS4 update was larger than the PS3. I was like o_O
  16. risingtide New Player

But the PS4 still downloads that 6gig update faster than the PS3 can download the 1 Gig update.
  17. danielqpk New Player

Not in under 7 mins I'm sure... My ps3 updated in 7min and my ps4 updated in 19
  18. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Mepps,

I didn't see in the patch notes a mention of any fixes to update the PS4 issue with not being able to 'ready up' in a queue. Also I didn't see anything to fix the PS4 issue with being able to unlock/replay content that is loot locked. Are those fixes in there and I'm just not finding them or are they in a future patch?
  19. risingtide New Player

I think it is also dependent on your download speeds as well. The lower your speeds the more efficent the PS4 is. You downloaded 1 gig in 7 mins and 6 in 19. Obviously they aren't downloading at the same mbs
  20. danielqpk New Player

I have the google fiber 500+ mbps plan..
    When I did he ps3 I was barely waking up...
    When I did ps4 I was uploading 2 videos to YT editing some stuff and also downloading a BUNCH of other stuff.