Now Available: Gentleman Ghost & More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Episode 46: Justice League Dark Cursed - Elite Plus

Elite Plus versions of the Cursed House of Mystery alert and of the Cursed Themyscira raid are now available, featuring further challenge and reward.
    • Look for these Elite Plus versions in your On-Duty menu in their own queues alongside their Event, Normal, and Elite versions.
    Episode 46: Open World Boss - Gentleman Ghost

Gentleman Ghost is furious at having being so thoroughly insulted, and demands satisfaction! Pay him his proper due, before his ghostly rampage tears Cursed Gotham City apart!

New Feats
    • Spooky Scary Denizens
    • Graveyard Bash!
    • Gentleman’s Feud
    • A Lesson in Manners
    • Gentleman’s Squabble
    • Taking the Gloves Off
    • Gentleman’s Brawl
    • Dressed for Success
    • Gor-Gone!
    [IMG]
    New Character Creation

The process and interfaces used to create characters has been completely overhauled and streamlined. This includes new slimlines, new streetwear, and upgraded versions of some of our most classic styles.

New Tutorial

The new player tutorial just following character creation has been rebuilt to better introduce players to the game. Look for a smoother experience, updated environments, refreshed narrative, and more.

Repair Removal

Gear can no longer be damaged, broken, or repaired.
    • Repair tabs have been removed from all vendors.
    • Sale prices for dropped gear has been lowered in later episodes.
    • Oracle-Bot has a new Power-recharging passive ability (to replace the support ability that repaired gear).
    • Adjusted cash drops from on duty bosses and missions as well as gear sales values to compensate for missing repair costs.
    Marketplace - Ally Alliance Mega Pack

Strengthen your Alliance with your Allies with this Ally Alliance Mega Pack! This pack contains the Alliances required to Level a Legendary Ally to Affinity 6 and includes the following items:
    • 22 Rare Alliances
    • 18 Epic Alliances
    • 12 Legendary Alliances
    Allies
    Oracle Bot
    • Passive 1 is now Task Manager
      • Rank 3: Restores 8% Power after using 8 Abilities.
      • Rank 4: Restores 10% Power after using 7 Abilities.
      • Rank 5: Restores 12.5% Power after using 6 Abilities.
    Bases
    • The player housing amenity “Dispenser” is now more consistently referred to as a “Dispenser”
    • Housing item subcategories will now scroll if the text is too long
    Ability Balance Changes
    • Fire - Absorb Heat
      • Fixed a bug causing Absorb Heat to preserve its HoT effect even when cancelled
      • Increased Healing by 20% per tick
    • Earth - Brick
      • Removed the FX indicating that you were sharing damage with brick
      • Removed Jackhammer and replaced with a new move called "Earthshatter"
      • New Ability: Earthshatter
        • Earthshatter: A fast Area of effect attack (same range as jackhammer), dealing roughly 2.2x damage vs. a single jackhammer hit, and provides brick with 5s of 25% damage mitigation
    • Earth - Crystal
      • Created a new variant of Shuriken Storm for Crystal and added it to Crystal's basic attack combo profile
    • Sorcery - Fury/Watcher/Guardian
      • Removed player-encircling spell VFX while entity is active to improve visual clarity.
    • Sorcery - Fury
      • Replaced Pulse Beam (Hand Blast Channel) from their Basic attack combo profile with Scissor kick (Hand Blast Combo)
    Missions
    • The Missions BOUNTY: Gotham Heroes!, BOUNTY: Metropolis Heroes!, WANTED: Gotham Villains!, and WANTED: Metropolis Villains! now more clearly identify themselves as PvP.
    Stabilizer Fragmentation
    • The Stabilizer Fragmentation Duo is now a Solo instance.
    • Like x 14
  2. Eve YouTuber

TY TY TY TY TY TY TY SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
    • Like x 4
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

You guys had something good going on, but then decided to blow it, for some reason. Some great things in the update, but also the dreadful return of spam feats, which I can understand the inclusion for a new bounty, but some old bounty getting it too is just... annoying.

[IMG]
    • Like x 12
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, I so can't wait to get home tonight. Thanks so much \o/
    • Like x 1
  5. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

What??? Relly???
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yes. Moon Touched Gorgon now has a spam feat, because...[insert expletives here].
    • Like x 7
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

Initially, I was happy there weren't any spam feats.

However, I run a few alts in EG. And I noticed the drop off of people doing the bounty is pretty steep. Unless I run all 8 of my EG toons on reset day, or a day or two after, it gets time consuming to get players to do the bounty again, for no reward. So overall, the feats do help to keep players doing the bounty, now bounties, throughout the week and I can casually play different toons at my leisure.
    • Like x 5
  8. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Yh... thank you devs, you can always surprise us with good things. Oh no... Always the same...
  9. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

FANTASTIC!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  10. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

What are the classic styles that have been upgraded?
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

IMO the way that they could have fixed it, without potentially annoying players, could have been by giving the Gorgon a special drop and by making an alternative way to complete the mission, which it had already, but in this case it would be by making it more viable by making more Stone adds spawn around the graveyard.
    • Like x 2
  12. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Yay to Stabilizer Solo and QoL Updates! - Nay to more spam feats :( But it will always be like it is...still no fan of bosses and still they keep coming.
    • Like x 1
  13. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

They should just decrease the amount of adds that you need to kill to 10 or 20 from 100 to exchange the open world bosses if the population is low then problem solved. Both would take 5 min.
    • Like x 2
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I’ve asked this a few times and never could get an answer.

Not sure if this has been explained but did they ever say what they are doing with repair bots ?
  15. Eve YouTuber

Yeah you can choose between a couple things if you consume them:
    Other bots, Omegas or Renown boxes.
  16. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Test server yourself or watch videos. We havn't been given a list nor a reason why existing styles was renamed to "classic" instead of new styles just being named "modern".

They have not said what happens to Repair Bots, but Grip made thread in General. US privelige I guess.
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

That's pretty much what I predicted when people were cheering the lack of bounty count feats when the episode dropped.
    Now, I can't wait for people to immediately start camping at the bounty spots, farming those counts in one day and crying about how much they hate what they are voluntarily doing... :D
    • Like x 2
  18. Heretodaygonetmro New Player

Are those new slim lines available in the style vendors for existing toons
    • Like x 1
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

And the Gorgon bounty starts at 0.... We don't even get credit for the times we already beat her....
  20. Eve YouTuber

If anyone is interested in what they can do with their depowered repair bots;
    • Like x 2