DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. not serious Well-Known Player

emoticons>movements:(
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would have thought soon??

Usually you reply soon? ;) ;)
  3. Alineh666 New Player

Amazing :)
    Waiting to see John Constantine as an ally
  4. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

I feel like they dont know what to do. I feel like its "Do we make a new dlc. Or do we work on the game for the future with good QoL updates, reworks to stuff and such."
    What i wouldnt mind is having a long 6month period or so where we get nothing, but instead the devs use that time to create updates to help progress the game in ways that will benefit it in the long run. I understand that money needs to be made, so a slight alternative to that could be having but a small team work on booster bundles, time capsules and such. bring back seasonal events for new players to experience and catch up on, have save the universe come in and out of relavance on a weekly basis just to get us through the content droughts while they work on updates.
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

My guess is that hey will try to sell us emotes.....or they will include emotes in Time Capsules??
    Basically they will try to monetize emotes.

Destiny does that.... so does Marvel Avengers.....and probably other games I fail to recall.

Personally..... I never bought any emotes and barely use them...... but there seems to be people who like them emotes.

Guess we will see if enough people are willing to spend $$$ on them emotes??

Remember how they tried to monetize white mods by adding them to Time Capsules??? .... that did not last.

Guess we will have to wait and see what happens with them emotes. o_O
    • Like x 2
  6. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Oh by all means let them monetize it, Emotes dont effect gameplay and are not pay to win so i have 0 issues with it.
    Its things like time capsules or artifacts/allies that i hate being monetized. just no need for it
  7. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Fix the bugged feats first
  8. Shaz DCUO New Player

Any plans for a fix to the Lightstream movement in 2023?
    • Like x 2
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It works for me :p
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

id pay for the emotes
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    After a dueling victory or number one dps on scoreboard

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  11. Shaz DCUO New Player

Lmao lucky, let me transfer to pc
  12. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

LOL ! Yess THIS please but complete with a transformation into THE KING for 20 seconds ;)
    • Like x 2
  13. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Id like to see the junk trinkets converted into a collect & get the emote added to your list system. Tired of carrying around bastich bomb tbh
    • Like x 1
  14. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

They didn't take away the existing emotes. The menu is just broken and not listing them properly, but if you type the commands for them you can still do them that way. I'm sure new ones will be purchasable (or at least some of them, since it does say some will be earned throughout gameplay), but the existing ones aren't being taken away and made to be purchase-only. The menu is just messed up. The actual emotes are still there, just gotta type the commands like /wave or /rude or so on.
    • Like x 3
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'll go with you on the journey of them still existing as I haven't tried keyboard commands but I don't doubt your point.

but I lean on the side of it being intentional due to past experiences in DCUO. could I be wrong well see if what we currently have is fixed before the release of the new.

was simply pointing out that their upcoming "feature" meant monetization for us
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

What if there are feats attached to them emotes??? :eek: ;)
  17. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

I made a complaint about how I quit DCUO due to the broken pvp and PvE now that I am desensitized from the awful p2w combat I can now with 100% confidence say I don't care about the combat at all which means PvE and pvp. Now with that out of my way

Honestly with someone who have zero expectation for Daybreak and DCUO id say this is the most impressive roadmap they've dished out so far I'm looking forward to the new emote system it is simply needed to express characters more vividly, But I believe we should be able to customize the color of our powers and speedster trails not only that but I also would love a more approach to a interactable open world since pvp and PvE is pointless also after having to endure the toxic US DC community I'd rather have them not work on new powers at all instead they should focus on a more vivid open world a weather system, night day cycle system, interactable objects in base and open world, More alive open world where you can interact similar to San Andreas I sort of want DCUO to become more akin to roleplay and social activity games like GTA and Super Mario Party

I think there's potentional for dcuo to revision their game into something better and more potent which means Minigames for DCUO, interact able open world for Metropolis and Gotham.

Also would love more clothing slots such as eyes, accessories 2, a 5th color option, Wrist bands, Being able to customize the weapon like Swtor.

I mainly play this game for customization and expression so out with the toxic and in with the new. Right now DCUO presents a toxic culture I see constant clouting in the open world and it's just sad to watch the games potentional is shunned away by those toxic players who constantly brag about their pvp skills while sith talking players with constant spam of heroes toggle. It's getting tiresome
    • Like x 1
  18. Cable Girl Active Player

Nobody forces people to replay the raids to get full elite gear within the first couple weeks, It's the most frustrating thing for me and the reason my original league fell apart after replays came out. People complain there isnt enough content released because they spam the raids to get max gear then have nothing to do. Without replays people would take months to get full elite gear and everybody would have a boot load of skill points because thats what people would be working on between raid resets. People complaining about burning out on content is self inflicted the majority of the time......

This next bits for Mepps - please tell me we are going to get a teabag emote. I know some people will probably bite my head off for this but i'd be happy with a just the motion of dunking a teabag in a coffee cup, not evryone understands when i /beg repeatedly lol
    • Like x 1
  19. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Then to hell with emotes lol. Boycot DCUO
    • Like x 2
  20. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

What difference does it make when we already have artifacts and collections tied to feats?