I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

And the fact that they were offered a better opportunity might suggest that they're good at their jobs.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

Thanks for proving my point, again.... Just because the devs do something doesn't mean that it the right thing to do.

Then don't use ""N00bs" don't complain about the clamp like the vets" as a point for the clamp as a sign as a success of the clamp... It's basically the same scenario for them if there was no clamp. It's not a real point then:

So... another point that isn't an actual point.

(And me pointing out that it doesn't prove anything because it's just a non sequitur.... means the exact opposite of me being wrong that it doesn't prove anything)

It's like you don't know what you're arguing for...
    You're just saying "non sequiturs" because you want to argue,,. and you think those help your argument...

But, at least, you'll admit that your arguments are nothing but "non sequiturs" and "besides the point" :p

non se·qui·tur
    [ˌnän ˈsekwədər]

NOUN
    1. a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement:

And/or spend 225 pages trying to explain to people who'd rather not hear it and spit out non sequiturs.
    • Like x 2
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

When did... and even why would.. I ever suggest that they left to "spite me? :rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:

Of course... and one thing that makes a better opportunity is getting paid more... because another company is making more money than the one you are currently working for.
    • Like x 2
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Sure. But it's more likely to be right than whatever ideas someone like you may come up with.

Oh, but I thought the newbs were left stranded in endless queues without all the vets, who refuse to accept the indignity of running EEG clamped...:rolleyes: Or at least that's what was repeatedly claimed in this very thread a hundred pages ago.

And yes - it is a real point. Your slight inconvenience of being clamped is not on anyone's priority list, because the experience of new players is key to the future of the game. Because - as I said - the vocal minority of malcontent "vets" can't quit and even if they did, they already spent the majority of the money they were going to.

I'm sure it looks like that in your head, buddy. I have neither time, nor patience, nor qualification necessary to address your every misapprehension...

You learned a new word. I guess that's a success, all things considered... :)

And those 200 hundred pages - that's mostly you. And your 3 buddies.
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

Yet another meaningless sentiment meant as some point..... that you aren't really making.

If any of that is true... That has NOTHING to do with the point that you are actually quoting.... about how new players aren't complaining about the clamp because new players aren't really being clamped.
    STAY ON POINT.

1) Not so sure that voice is as "minority" as you think it is.

2) Stop speaking as if you work for the company and you are citing the official economic gameplan.. or what the priorities are.

3) Not sure you understand just how ++++-ish you sound right now.

4) And you're wrong: HAPPY players are the future of the game... regardless of how long they've been playing.

You: That's not a fail of logic - it's beside the point

It's called a "non sequitur"

Gawd, I can't believe your words have meaning.

Oh... At least, I'm not pretending that words don't mean what they mean when I cite them as my argument tactic.

As opposed to what? The same Larry, Moe, and Curly that we're arguing with?
    • Like x 3
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

Never suggested that they weren't.

Just pointing out that they were probably offered more money... which is a huge part of something being a "better opportunity".
    • Like x 2
  7. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Really? Isn't this entire thread about how you know what's better for the game and the players than the professionals running it?

Of course they were offered more money. There are plenty of projects more profitable, than a 12 year old game in a dying genre, that was never in the top most popular ones to begin with.
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Perfectly meaningful statement. You just don't like what it means...

I don't know if it's true. It is when it suits you, I guess. And the clamp, omnibus and unlimited gearboxes and marks made for a better experience for new/returning players. Disagree all you want, it's a fact. So unless they start complaining - you're going to have to suffer the shame of the Clamp. Which was the point all along. Reread if you need - I'm not explaining it further.

Mmm-kay... Let me know when you're sure.

I will, when you stop speaking like an agsty, spoiled teen. :)

Not sure you understand. Period.

Now, THAT's a meaningless sentiment. :cool:

You made a non sequitur. I pointed it out to you. I'm not going over this again - however you choose to twist it, that's on you. :rolleyes:

You yourself made hundreds of posts in this thread. That's one of the main reason why it's 200+ pages. You and your buddies quoting each other's posts and adding approval in the form of a gif, like it's 2005. The few people arguing with you probably do it for their own amusement - I know I do, whenever I bother - because there's no need to defend the clamp. It's not going away and no dev will even humor your "optional" ideas. Because they're not worth the effort, because they would have negative consequences for the game, because the game is not played like that anymore and it's better for it.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

No... It's just a meaningless attempt at an insult.

LOL
    Why would anything be done with the clamp only if they - the people not really affected by the clamp - start complaining?

And... Maybe they already have.
    Do you know how long each player on this thread has been playing for??

I swear you just say ++++++ ++++ just to hear your own voice.

CASE IN POINT

AND AGAIN.

THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM

Wait,,,, So you think a company seeking to make ALL their customers happy for success is "meaningless sentiment"???

You really have to just be pretending to be this +++++++.

Dang if that just doesn't sound desperate.

And once again... YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR THE DEVS... but, dry that tear, little one... You're right. The clamp probably isn't going anywhere.

But, it is fun watching you loose your ++++ at the mere mention of an option, tho.

I mean... We're complaining about a real thing.. You're just complaining about our complaining.
    • Like x 3
  10. The Con Dedicated Player

We've gone down this tangent enough...

Just because I think they made a mistake... Doesn't mean that I think that they aren't doing a good job.
    • Like x 2
  11. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Rein....why? I was trying to end the thread but you opened it again....well, it was wothy the try.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No one can 'end' the thread. It must fizzle out on it's own, or till it has more posts than the 'new costume' thread at 40K+ posts, otherwise a new one will just spawn in it's place.

It's like the blob at this point....absorbing every topic in it's path.
    • Like x 4
  13. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

What about Kirby? I could only imagine what power he would absorb...
    • Like x 2
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Kirby lore is incredibly dark.... I love it.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Con Dedicated Player

[IMG]

It does not end well for this butterfly....

[IMG]
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I mean if he absorbed almost all 4500 posts....and all the 'love' inside? Maybe this....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Ryazan Dedicated Player

If it's American Kirby, he would just get angrier.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I stole and shared this image everywhere lol XD
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Better luck next time! *hugs*