Dev Discussion Survival Mode Season 3

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Aug 10, 2022.

1. zNot Loyal Player

For the upper rounds 20 and above the bosses like beast boy,mino who only consist of one single boss without any adds and limited mechanics i wanna say they are too undewhelming.

for example darkfather is also a single boss but he has adds which do impact the fight alot same as cosmic boy who is a good challenge since he has adds that do more then just „damage“ and lock your loadout plus he has multiple deadly mechanics like the spheres spinning in the entire room. Some bosses really miss that type of difficulty/complexity.

Adding some more mechanics to some bossfights especially mino and beast boy would be appreciated, making minos charge a one shot also the arrow that appears to the entire group where we need to move away from eachother does little damage even when standing next to someone is that intented?
  2. Stranger Well-Known Player

Krona does random light blasts on some players which 1shot. They Are Not announced by skull or Finger point, its out of nowhere.
    • Like x 1
  3. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Actually one of my favorite mechanics even though it's bs, just because it's so funny watching someone get Ironman beamed out of nowhere
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Bug:
    Anyone else not seeing deathstrokes beam? Myself and 2 others have never seen it but others say they do in same group
  5. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Happens randomly with his and Krona's beam.
    • Like x 1
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

This one in particular is a bit irritating at times.
    • Like x 1
  7. CraccaGeneral Active Player

The Probtek Henchmen do not show up in the base generator. Also not sure if it is intended but they are not tradeable either.
  8. Stranger Well-Known Player

Request
    Is it possible to unlock the "Sixth Dimension Kryptonian + Beard Hair Style" from SM Vendor for female characters?
    Since it's already possible to wear the "Jolly Beard" as female, why not this style?
    We're living in a world where it is not a shame to have a beard as a woman.
  9. leavemebee New Player

Question last sm you could buy the progress point feats and unlock the rounds on that toon., You cant now is this intended?
    • Like x 1
  10. Terremor New Player

ahem.... the crown? actually why the rewards for this season looks so regular? i mean those metal balls looks like they should be in legion vendor for 150 marks imo....
    • Like x 2
  11. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Unlocking progress points for rounds with buying round completion feats was never a thing. Buying those feats only unlocks the items in the survival mode vendors.
    • Like x 1
  12. OG MeNToR New Player

Is it a possibility to get a crown like players did during season 1 of survival mode? I understand there not being an entire art team, but if a crown isn't ready or anything yet couldn't we just wait a few weeks or more while one is developed? From playing with players in SM and looking at feedback, things need to be adjusted from the rewards vs the challenge for survival mode. Which if I'm also being honest the challenge wasn't there. A lot of the changes that were on test weren't on live from what players have mentioned. Health from bosses in higher rounds being a lot lower than lower rounds, example 5, vs 15, vs 25. As well as for bosses as a whole hitting for 50 to only 100K on rounds such as round 30. I 100% believe and agree that there is a scaling issue going on.
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Please tell me why STU and SM cannot stay and run CONCURRENTLY?? Why remove a FUN part of the game to have less END game content to run?

What is the logic of removing STU while SM is here?
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Krona so far I can always see. Still have yet to see deathstokes and fought him a few more times today. Krona at round 18/19 whatever later round, his beam went around then came back halfway then finished going back the other way. That screwed us up rather spectacularly but salvaged it.
  15. Salurian12 New Player

Would it be possible to change que for survival mode in the way that it brings together players with the same safepoint in regard to rounds?
    • Like x 1
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This season is by far the easiest we ever had. I would say it definitely needs a scale up, but on the other hand it would be unfair for those that havent completed it yet. I would just keep this SM as is and move on to make the next one better. The rewards are underwhelming besides the material for R30 wich i really like.

The rewards are well scaled to the difficulty tho. If it were much more difficult everybody would cry even more about the rewards. In the end, most people that complain about this season being too easy havent finished Swe+ and that raid comes close to R20-R28 of previous seasons. If you want a challenge, go there.

After playing Swe+ for several weeks i actually enjoy this more casual approach to SM. Having 2x the healthpool than what the bosses currently have wasnt ever fun.

I can see how the devs took feedback from past seasons, where players asked for less tank based SM's and to involve the whole group more into the actual surviving part (i was requesting that too).
    However, the implementation isnt at its best. I can see the Sc and power-drain bot being a troll mechanic and the AoE's being a dps mechanic (mainly) but healers got once again no actual challenge. Having a massive dot that requires strong heals over time would be something cool for the following seasons.

To end this feedback i wanted to give anyone reading this a tip. Dont run battle trolls.... A battle troll cant stun the bot. If your tank fails to permanently stun it, you just lose more damage than you can compensate as battle troll. I had numerous Lfg groups with battle trolls and a bot kept draining SC every minute. Its not impossible to have the tank do all the work however. :)
    • Like x 2
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I think one of the main issues is that some bosses were Underwhelming, if we had more Bosses like Cosmic Boy, 6D Superman, Zeus, Darkfather (first pass with more adds), Vampire Lord, etc across the 10 Rounds the challenge would be higher and would requiere everyone in the group to perform well.

Underwhelming Bosses: Savage, Beast Boy, Vice & Metallo, Deathstroke.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Feedback - having completed all 30 rounds.

I actually like the fact that the boss health and damage output has been toned back a bit, I get some people like the whole "fight lasts forever until I pass out mentality" but I have to say, it was far more fun this way than previously, could the bosses use a tiny bit more health, perhaps but not by a lot, if at all.

The ridiculous over powered one shots coming from the likes of Minotaur in previous incarnations of SM were just tedious, so I'm pleased to see that sort of thing changed, it's not like you can just face tank him now either, you've still got to kite it and play it smart, but it's not so mind numbing and I think better reflects a game more satisfying to powers that aren't just kite FOTM like rage and ice, someone's got to remember about powers like Earth and Atomic who have naturally more static tanking abilities and I'm pleased you have.

It feels like perhaps you've replaced the difficulty with room mechanics, which is fine, I'll take the exchange, they do overlap at times which either makes for some funny or frustrating experiences, but like I say if that's the exchange for not over-amping the bosses I'd take it, it would seem obvious you're doing it as well to impact the effects of EOG, how successfully, probably not entirely but at least to some extent. people have to be more careful about the timing of what they're doing.

I note a few of bosses in this iteration of SM are complained about a bit, Minotaur, Baron, Beast Boy, Deathstroke, I think a lot of that though comes down to them being over used, particularly 3 of those, they've been in every iteration of modern SM, they're tired, everyone has loosely perfected them and that is just going to make them easier, no matter what. I don't think its fair to start ramping those bosses up because we've become familiar with them, they just need to be excluded from a few SM's going forward and perhaps any reward drops like the Abyssal horns can be put on the vendor.

As for Beast Boy I expect this was because he was really originally the round 1 boss and just got put further up, so does more damage etc, but nothing else. I feel like Beast Boy's biggest threat is the Gorilla Phase, again simply because of the risk of near on one shots from block breakers and the like.

Perhaps a way to improve him would be to either have him spawn adds like in Machine or perhaps if he spends more time in Gorilla form than any other form, basically people will just burn the Gorilla form out and it's easy street from there and because Gorilla comes first it's over pretty quickly.

Krona is a bit of a mess to be honest, I'm not really sure he's the best SM boss in general his fights feel far from fluid because there's so many block mechanics going off, I mean unless that's what you're going for, which is fine. The only thing I'd say is weirdly behaving lasers and at times invisible lasers probably need to be tidied up where possible and I wonder if perhaps his encasement could be changed so that if a tank hits a cleanse (group breakout) it gets everyone else out, there's nothing worse than getting encased, land in a puddle, have his one shot go off and have to block only to have no choice but to accept death, stay where you are die, unblock and roll, die.

Oh also, I feel like saying too, rounds 5-10 are probably a bit more difficult than the previous SM iterations, some boss choices are a step up mechanically speaking from what a lot of the more casual tanks are used to and adding in room mechanics there on top of say Metallo and Vice makes for quite a difficult fight at round 6.

I wonder if the room mechanics at this stage could also alternate though, one round a water pool, next a bot, then a proximity explosion (not on Superman though) just to give people some experience of those mechanics at those earlier stages so they learn about them for future rounds and not just caught off guard later with something new.
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Bought the Omega Bat boots $22 000 000 on US PS4 with my Multiverse character.

Then at the Mailbox I got an error=34..... and never got the boots by Mail. :(
  20. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Just watched a video on YouTube of a hacker beating rounds 25 thru 30 in 10 minutes. Do something Daybreak to preserve the integrity of your work. This person is offering carries to people to circumvent the difficulty of your content.