Dev Discussion Survival Mode Season 3

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Stamen Dedicated Player

I think pretty much anytime you're not given the opportunity to rez a teammate who missed a tell before the next tell begins, you're into "Gotcha Mode" gaming. And I think it's both shallow and un-rewarding. Talking about you, Krono, the revamp verison, who for some reason goes full blown crazy at half health with consta-elite attacks and skulls one right after the other.

Yeah, I got Netflix to catch up on.
    • Like x 1
  2. JellyMimic New Player

i feel survivor mode has its ups and down and require communication as someone who play on the switch server wich is bassically dcuo on dark soul difficulty having to grind and wait to upgrade my artifacts i was able to complete a few rounds with my league the difficulty is there and there might be some nerf and buff that could be done but thats just my observation and experience but tank and healer are a blessing to have if their good enough and vc to do call outs is helpfull its doable as i was cr 360 doing it
  3. Batmazo New Player

Mepps , would you mail us a sm exclusive thing like season two this year? May six dimesnsion Superman cape with the S and material on it?? Maybe pleaseā€¦
  4. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Quick SM question: does your progress point save after the reset? Or do you have to start from R1
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

After reset, you start from round 1.

Regarding SM in general:
    As Stamen mentioned, at half health, Krono goes berserk with special attacks. You have enough time to sacrifice yourself to revive, or leave the teammate down.
    The only strategy a few others, and myself, have found to complete this boss, is to stay at maximum range away from him, and roll back every time you see the special attack icon. Which makes the fight drag on.
    • Like x 1
  6. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I was going to start a new thread and ask just the same. Didn't get the chance to do last years SM but I so want the source lightning back and you have locked it in the SM vendor never to be purchased again.

To be honest the rewards are a little lack lustre this season so giving us the opportunity to access last years rewards would go a long way ion making up for it.
    • Like x 3
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I haven't had time for DCUO and SM for the last couple of weeks so I've been ungodly behind...I tried to just play pug at least a little bit (hell on the side of the villains in LFG a small handful of people only...and a random queue pops up every hour ...)...and what did I notice? The pet bug still hasn't been fixed...every time I managed to get into SM at least 2 people had pets left in the waiting room after the start of the round...and this is not a visual bug, the pets actually stay in the waiting room ( for example, being on one of alt, a earth tank, having forgotten about this bug and almost died, another time where there was another earth tank, this bug caused a storm of toxic comments towards the tank, since without a pet it was like paper... )....disgusting....
  8. GermanM Committed Player

The game was toxic enough without SM, now the hate have take very high levels.
  9. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I was in the same situation. New job and no time. I only got my 30 finish last night and I've avoided talking about it until I've beaten it fully myself.

Things I've noticed compared to last year & general opinions:
    - There is much less of a meta advantage in terms of powerset. Last season, ice, gadgets, water, electricity prevailed, whereas this season, pretty much everything's viable in there. Similarly with might & prec, the balance changes this year have levelled the field substantially and I'm seeing much more variety.
    - The lower level of challenge overall is making runs less stressful, which has definitely had both positive and negative effects on the community.
    - Warden Lois should have come out instead of the statue on round 30. Or maybe even both as there are 6 flares if I'm not mistaken. This would've been a really nice difficulty bump.
    - Am I losing my mind or were qwa bombs really effective on ads last year? Now they feel like soggy paper.
    - The dedicated drops need to get updated, or bring back some of the truly old rewards (trigonics styles etc).
    - The gatekeeper rounds (krona or cosmic boy) were my favourite.
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Hey, devs. I noticed that Hologram Construct Companion Pets were updated to have a much longer time with us before despawning, thank you for that, however, the companion pets from previous seasons still have their quick despawn, can they be adjusted to last long too?
    • Like x 1
  11. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I would like to give opinion has a main tank, regarding this SM.
    1. Vandal Savage, In general this is a great starting boss for 2 reasons. It forces tanks to keep some distance in order to prevent the boss from performing his skull spear attack and also forces the group to block.
    2. Carol and Catwoman, is great to see this combo from old SMs, but I think Poison Ivy and Catwoman would be more challenging specially when they enter frenzy state from BoP.
    3. Deathstroke, one of my favourite bosses. It forces the group to never fail a lunge. If a wrong lunge occours and the boss gets immune it should easily become a group wipe.
    4. Dark Father, in my opinion a terrible boss design. It completely ignores combat system, charges to the group and you cant no nothing about it, omega single target that is easilly predictable and omega to the group thats pretty easy to dodge too.
    5. Cosmic Boy, well since im squishy god I struggle to tank it;_;, but after dodging every range attack it became pretty straightforward. Vampire Lord and Mr.Freeze felt way more engaging from previous SMs.
    6. Vice and Metallo, I tanked Vice the other tank Metallo. Regarding, Vice I enjoyed tanking it, it felt different. I think he could be slighty more engaging, but it was alright. Cant speak about Metallo.
    7. Minataur, the goal of minataur is to 1 shot you everytime he does his ranged BB. I dont know why, but every BB he throwed at me felt like a water pillow refreshing my face, I dodge most but they weren't a big of a threat.
    8. Beast Boy, I still think MachineE Beast boy with some wasps would be a better bet.
    9. Krona, I still remenber Krona from Oan SM:) One of my favourite bosses. However, I think his strong BB should be 1 shot and 3 claps should also kill you.
    10. Superman, I dont see him has a huge threat it doesnt seems you can die from him with combat system, can be wrong, but doubt it.
    In my opinion combat system should be the fundation for every SM failing to master it should mean death. I also defend that each boss has an essence(design) and for a good SM their essence should be respected. For example if you can face tank Vandal Savage on round r21 you should die for his spear skull.

We also need to take in consideration lazarus pit artifact. Lazarus pit not only allows you to become imortal, but you can resurrect yourself too. Thats really huge. I seen quite a few tanks ignoring mechanics getting back-up by themselfs and keep ignoring mechanics. No dodging, nothing. Just giving the biggest hugs I never imagine possible to bosses.

To me SM is a bunch of players comming up with strategies in order to beat certain bosses, I dont think this SM was able to acheive that. It wasnt a terrible SM, but I think it should force more interation between each roles. The environment mechanics where a great adition, I really enjoyed the water pods and forcing players to spread. The bot not so much, it was anoying and wasnt a Huge threat to the group.

By the way this is a prepective of a cr 371 main tank:) Whit handicap flashpoint batman and cyborg:)
  12. Mark662 New Player

Can you guys revert sorcery circle of protection fx?? We CANT barely see it anymore to run into !! All the stages are so full of colors and texture that we dont even see it anymore! Plz
  13. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

YESSS^^^
    Please make this happen. You guys are all inclusive right? The politicking and the making things fair and just for everyone? Many newcomers and old players did not get a chance for an abundance of reasons to play and/or complete survival modes 1 and 2. Make previous season rewards unlockable. If you don't beat round 30, wait til the following year and you can get stuff you missed. This will keep the exclusivity for the year and then all can enjoy the rewards. I could care less for the titles, there are no skill point feats attached. Give us the right to purchase these items!! Stop paywalling and barricading players at every step of the way. Break these rewards out of jail so that more than 1% of your players can enjoy them, for the love of all!!!
    • Like x 1
  14. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

At least make them tradeable so I can have a leaguemate purchase for me. Why would the pets be locked? Like the person said before, they are a celestial player and they want shadow pets, not the chrome or dimensional ones. I see no reason to justify making these items (NOT A SINGLE ONE) unable to be traded nor purchased. Your trophies and titles should be the only things that cannot be acquired after the fact.
    • Like x 4
  15. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Why would anyone purchase sm data chips if they cannot get what they want for them? Devs, have you asked yourselves that question? You think about it. You might actually sell data chips if past seasonal items were unlocked for purchase. There is ZERO incentive to purchase chips for those people who cannot/will not pass nor participate in survival mode. SM is for the try hard experience and the flex, at the end of the day those people do it because they are finding little challenge in running regular content. You are leaving a vast majority, a sea of players, out of your marketing equation by loot locking everything in survival mode vendors. It is quite daft.
    • Like x 4
  16. kingofthebeast Active Player

Can a dev or community management chime in to let us know if the request to unlock the other vendor items from previous seasons can be granted? I honestly don't see how unlocking them would cause any harm or upset anyone. In fact it's by not unlocking them that causes bad cheer to those of us who desire these items. I know people like to say keep things exclusive but in this case no one spent a dime on the items in question. I know it would make everyone happy especially with all that's been going on over the past few months. If somehow the request is denied, please please explain the reasons behind such a decision as I can't possibly fathom why.
    • Like x 1
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I wouldn't refer to them as exclusive as they are tied to the Survival Mode itself. Say the Lightning Bolt, which was the reward for completing Round 30 in Season 2, do you have Round 30 completed? Yes/No if No then you can't buy it because you didn't unlock it. Same concept with the Pet Vendor in HoL, you have to unlock the headlines or you can't buy it. Same concept as the statues during the Anti Monitor Event, you need the headlines to be able to buy the base items. Even the episode vendors tied with base items, you have to complete the collection then you can purchase more of the base items. Exclusive means that it can never be obtained again purposefully, if a player has those Rounds unlocked each time the Survival Mode vendor comes back they can buy the rewards from previous seasons if they didn't have enough marks or wanted more etc.
  18. kingofthebeast Active Player

Can you guys please unlock the other season rewards that are based on round completion? Imagine if you couldn't get last year's event rewards from the witching hour because you missed out for whatever reason. This is a event after all. Would definitely prompt people to run it more. Just seems like a waste for people who missed out to even be able to view previous items if they aren't even available. I'm celestial, I need those shadow styles and I like another person in this thread thought if running I could get what I missed. Please allow us to have the same privilege as others and remember"real heroes listen".

Above is my original posting. I'm aware of it being completion rounds. I'm requesting because not everyone was available for the other seasons to obtain the completion rewards. I have this seasons Rd 30 complete. This is my question to those in charge.
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Your last post ended with
    That was the reason they will provide to you. If a player just started DCUO in the last year is it really fair for them to assume they can equally earn every single reward that DCUO has put out in the past 11 years? I get that players like yourself want to be able to play out some fantasy where you require base items or auras that fit your character creation but at the same time everything can't just be handed out, otherwise it just is massive entitlement. Instead maybe the developers will create something similar in the future to the shadow pets that can be included in a time capsule or booster bundle but to demand that content that was specifically for previous Survival Mode Seasons, or anything from the past, must be always available for any brand new off the dropship player isn't a realistic expectation.
  20. kingofthebeast Active Player