Test Discussion GU 122: Base Dispenser Trinkets

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Feb 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I love this idea thank you for implementing this.

It will make it difficult to pass to alts on our account if we can only have one of the item. I would suggest we be allowed to to get a trinket even if it is in our inventory. This way we can pass the duplicate to our alt. Rather than having to delete our own trinket.
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

I agree. Next update will remove restrictions on qualifying trinkets (the new trinkets, not the OG ones that come with a base/base theme).
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

wouldn't it be easier to just have the dispenser be account bound so no matter what toon your on we have access to the same dispenser? you unlock on your main alts will already have access to it
    • Like x 1
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

This is what we'll be launching with. Any dispenser version of the trinkets are already set to be account bound. Previously, you could only have 1 per trinket of a certain type so if you wanted to trade it to an alt, sure, it's account bound, but you would have to put it in shared bank, log in with alt, get it from shared bank, then the main could get another of the same trinket. Unnecessary steps. Now you can fill your inventory with however many, slap them into the shared bank, and at your leisure - log in as many alts you want to pick up those items. Doing anything different from this point onwards is not easier.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

got ya
    I didn't think because we have it on our main that we couldn't just grab another one from the vendor on our alt
    but your saying because of the lock it wouldn't let you grab a second one on alt because the main already has one out

so do we have to dispense it out from our main with shared bank or can the alt not just grab from the dispenser?

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding I'm just wrapping my head around the process
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

The main still has to get it but can now get as many as the main wants and dole it out like Halloween candy in your shared bank. No need to delete it each time you get one now, with that restriction removed. Making Base Dispensers as a whole, account wide, isn't something that can be done without some support that we don't have time for now. It works with some things already hard coded but changing hard coded stuff isn't trivial and certainly not going to happen for this feature launch.
    • Like x 2
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thank you for clearing that up :D
    • Like x 1
  8. mrforklift Level 30

I have Supply drops fully enabled and powered on my mainframe on two of the toons for my test account. The Dispenser shows everything BUT Supply Drops, even the default one. Do I need to be checking something else?
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Until the build later today, you can only have 1 of any type of trinket. If you have the basic supply drop in your inventory - it won't show up. If you haven't RE-equipped any other supply drop then you won't see it on your dispenser.
  10. mrforklift Level 30

I re-equipped the Valentine's Day Supply drop out of my bank, then deleted it. That means it should show and it does not. Additionally I see orbital strikes and henchmen that were already equipped showing with the lock in the dispenser, so I know those are working.

11. mrforklift Level 30

Ok -- I just popped back into test and checked my bank -- the original dispenser supply drop was in there. Once I deleted it, then not only did it appear in the dispenser, but also the seahorse supply drop on my current build. I then equipped the shamrock from my bank and it showed up. The V-day one is still missing from the list.

So it looks like the default supply drop has to be deleted from inventory first before it registers that you have other supply drops eligible for the list. That is not good if someone doesn't realize they inadvertently had a default dispenser trinket lurking in their bank before trying to see things in the dispenser.

12. Charon Lead Content Designer

That's absolutely not how it works, however due to all the changes that came in at various stages, you could have been in a weird state between them. In the end, when this goes Live with a nice clean slate and no iterative builds where things change every other day, you simply do NOT delete ANYTHING until you see it in the Dispenser and you re-equip all the things until you do. If there are still issues seeing it then, we will track them down. Currently in the data, there is nothing at all about the Valentine's Day Supply Drop that would cause this issue (it probably got lost in the shuffle of various builds and necessary actions to take - but again, things changed fast and furious like on the Test server so anything is possible.

With all that said, I'll take another closer look but for many others internally and from testers I've spoken to directly, the Supply Drops work like the other trinkets.
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Where do we download the test server?
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There's a link in this thread. However do be warned that for some reason the download does not work on Chrome (or at least it doesn't for me on my current computer or my previous one) so if you're using Chrome and nothing happens when you try to download it, try a different browser like Edge or Firefox. You can also speed up the installation of the test client by just copying your live DCUO files into another folder where you are going to install test. That will save you having to download the entire game again, you will only need to download the test patches. There is a guide on that here.
    • Like x 1
  15. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Thanks. I used to have it then I changed computers.
  16. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I have re-equipped my magic crystal supply drop a couple of times but have not been able to redeem it from my dispenser.

Are some items intentionally excluded or is this a glitch?
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.