Dev Discussion GU 122: Base Dispenser Trinkets

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Charon Lead Content Designer

We're introducing a long requested feature that will allow you to store Orbital Strike, Supply Drops, Sidekicks, and Henchmen in your Base Dispenser.

Things to note and to pay special attention to:
    • Any existing trinket listed above, if you currently own it, you MUST equip the item one more time to allow the Base Dispenser to register that you own this item
      • I repeat, YOU MUST EQUIP IT ONCE MORE BEFORE DELETION. DO NOT DELETE UNTIL YOU SEE IT IN THE DISPENSER AS AN OPTION TO OBTAIN.
    • If there was a feat attached to the item and you have deleted the item after obtaining the feat, you will automatically see that item in your Dispenser.
    • The items from the Dispenser function the same but are technically new items that do not count towards feats and are now account bound so you can obtain and pass along the trinkets to your alts.
    • Moving forward, any new qualifying trinket you obtain, as soon as you equip it and get the bind on equip prompt, that item will automatically qualify to appear in your Dispenser.
    • Please note:
      • Dispenser versions of the Trinkets that are given to Alts do NOT UNLOCK the trinket on your Alts' dispensers.
      • You DO NOT have to delete a Trinket to see it on the Dispenser. If everything is working as intended, you will see it on the Dispenser. Do not delete a trinket until you see it on the Dispenser (if you want to delete it).
    Please leave any questions, comments, concerns, and bug reports here.

Known issues:
    • One version of the Magic Crystal Supply Drop does not register on the Dispenser. This will be fixed soon.

Thanks!
    • Like x 4
  2. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

So i have to ask to see if i get his right... if i equip trinket on my main i unlock it on dispenser only on my main? But i can save "original" and use it on my main and trade one from dispenser to my alt and use it even though i dont have it on my alt's dispenser. (btw maybe i missed something but is there something that can tell me which one is original and which one is from dispenser?)

So if thats right, it means i cant have it on my 3rd character unless i got new trinket... so my question is why? is that some technical thing you will try to find solution so we can unlock trinkets for all of our alts on their dispenser since its already acc bound (so we dont have to trade between our characters) or this is planned to work like this?
    This is great thing to free some inv space, but if you have more characters like me, you still have to keep all original trinkets.

Tnx and sry if i missed answer somewhere, just copy paste it to me
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

• If you got a trinket that had a feat attached you can unlock that feat and that trinket would show up on your alt with the unlocked feat.
    • If you have any other trinket on your main and you see it on your Dispenser you can get any number of those trinkets and then trade them to your alts. They have information stating they are a Dispenser version and are account bound, Any original trinkets you obtained were bind on equip so you can't trade them any longer but you don't have to delete them.
    • If you trade any number of trinkets to any number of alts, that's fine, but those trinkets do not unlock access to infinite trinkets on that alt's dispenser. Only the main character with the original trinket can grab trinkets from the dispenser and send them out to your alts.
    • You will never have to keep your original trinkets if you don't want to. As long as you see that trinket on the dispenser you are safe to delete the trinket and clear up your inventory. The choice is yours.
    • Like x 3
  4. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Thank you for posting these clarifications.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I put tons of these in my dispenser yesterday and after checking them all to make sure they were showing up. this feature seemed to work great for me thanks for the addition to the game.

now in the future it would be awesome if we could add pets and style trinkets.
    as this freed up bank space
    pets and style trinkets would free up inventory
    • Like x 1
  6. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

tnx for a lot for fast answer and clarification
  7. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Is it a bug that some old orbital strikes that provided a 10% buff to stats while in the content or did more damage still apply to these orbital strikes or has that changed?

I'm asking about Zeus' Heavenly Strike Orbital being stronger when used in Olympus or the Allied Forces Handheld transceiver provided 10% buff.

The base dispenser version omits the text that states the buff.
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

The abilities used are the same so no, they aren't impacted. The new information on the Dispenser version may have pushed the other info down too far. Will look into those.
    • Like x 3
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

While we're on this, I've always wondered if the phrasing for the Seasonal Event Trinkets are to be taken literally or not. They say they gain 10% "when called in during the [X] event."

So do the seasonal henchpeople/oribitals do 10% more damage on everything during the period the Event is active, or does the wording mean they only give the gains when used during the one Seasonal instance or against Seasonal adds outdoors?

Thanks for any clarification; I've wondered about this for ages. The way various trinkets use different and sometimes inconsistent wordings hasn't helped.

And occasionally some trinkets seem like they should give a special limited bonus based on theme/name, but... they don't. Or at least the text doesn't say so. (Or maybe I'm just confused; I haven't done an exhaustive or even consistent survey, myself, granted.)
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

Typically it's either based on the episode content the henchmen are part of, or just any content when a seasonal is active. So if it's a Winter henchmen it will do extra damage anywhere during the Winter event. If it's a DLC henchmen it will only do extra damage in any of the content associated with that DLC.
    • Like x 5
  11. Lagomorph New Player

When trading trinkets from one character to another the items do not show up in the dispenser for the characters receiving!.

So if i delete them from my alt i will no longer have them in possession because they didnt get added to the base dispenser.

its really annoying, is there something im missing here?.
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Unlocking them on your alts was never part of this feature and is still not at this time. That may change later but currently this is how if functions.
  13. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Seeing if they unlock in the alts dispenser was one of the first things I tested when it hit live, lol. It is understandable that they don't unlock on them, I'm just happy I can give them really cool stuff that was reserved for my main or primary alts, so I just sent over the trinkets I really like and put them in their bank for later use. :D

Wait, does that mean the ability to give them to your alts might go away in the future?
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

No... that MAYBE one day, in the future, not now, dispenser versions of the trinkets may unlock dispenser access to that trinket on an alt when you give it to them and they equip it. I believe that being able to send infinite amounts to your alts is good enough at this point in time.
    • Like x 1
  15. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Oh cool, I thought that you guys may disable it in the future or something, lol. As someone with a lot of alts, thanks a ton to you all for creating this feature for us! :D
    • Like x 1
  16. KidKretz Committed Player

my character isnt able to send a henchmen to another one of my characters via mail. kept getting a error message. i used the shared bank and that worked ofc, is that suppose to happen?
  17. BatgirlS2 Level 30

You can't send account bound items through mail. If the item has the text "Integrates when equipped" or doesn't have the "cannot trade" message on it, then you can send it to anyone through mail/trade/broker.
  18. KidKretz Committed Player

okay, so then im just getting hung up on the phrase "send to your alts" which i take to mean sending via mail. so im "sharing" with my alts via the shared bank. thats the only method then to give dispenser items then, shared bank? any other method?

thanks!
  19. Deathsaurus Well-Known Player

Trinkets like Mother\Father box, Snake Turret, Controlled Starro, Brainiac Turret ect. are not included?
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

just through shared bank currently
    • Like x 1