Test Server Install (Fast Method)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Shadowdragon, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Important: This assumes you already have the live DCUO installed. Also, URLs and paths have changed since the SOE-Daybreak change.

1) Create this path if you don't already have it. If your regular DCUO is pre-Daybreak, you won't have this...
    C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\DC Universe Online Test

2) Copy the /UNREAL3 folder from your regular DCUO installation. If it's pre-Daybreak, then it'll be in...
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\DC Universe Online

If it's post-Daybreak, then...
    C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\DC Universe Online

3) Download & run the test client. The updated URL is...
    http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/DCUO_Test_setup.exe

[must copy & paste for security reasons]

It'll still have a download, but much smaller than the full 20+GB.

Happy testing.

Note: I've tried this on Windows 7 & 10. The path of DCUO might vary on other versions.
    • Like x 4
  2. TheDeadLol123 New Player

3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I would just try again. I just manually hit the URL in the error and it works. If you're trying this fast method and for some reason it's not working, then just go with the regular slow method and run this instead of manually creating anything... http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/DCUO_Test_setup.exe. There could be directory variations depending on your version of windows and whether you had the game from SOE or DGC.
  4. iMeerkat Level 30

The fastest method for going to test is pretty simple. You don't even need to download the test server. All you need to do is create a duplicate copy of the DC Universe folder. Then go to Launchpad.ini under [Settings] and write environment=test. Then launch launchpad.exe. Viola test will download.
    • Like x 3
  5. TheDeadLol123 New Player

But then i clicked the link and it downloaded a file where do i put that to?
  6. TheDeadLol123 New Player

Actually the real problem is when i start the launcher then it oredy says the error thing
  7. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

It doesn't matter. That's just the installer. You can run that from anywhere and it will create (or detect existing) the path for you.

If you got this far, it means you already ran the installer. Whether you setup the fast method correctly or not, this should start a download. I would open a support ticket for this though. They can take a look at some of your files and analyze it better.
  8. TheDeadLol123 New Player

9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

You really shouldn't be downloading and placing that one manually. If you're running into errors, you should probably start from scratch rather than try to rebuild missing parts. If you get errors starting all the way from this step...

http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/DCUO_Test_setup.exe

... then you should file a support ticket. The DGC staff can better analyze your files.
  10. TheDeadLol123 New Player

I Fixed the problem thx
  11. PStopper Active Player

why is it such a hassle to download the test server? like seriously...
  12. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

You have the normal long download that's safe to do for people not comfortable moving around files. I recommend that if this one is too many steps. Simply download this...

http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/DCUO_Test_setup.exe [Must copy & paste for security reasons]

...and run it overnight.
  13. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Bump. Verified that this works on Windows 10 as well... same paths as 7.
  14. Fies Committed Player

Thx.
  15. Yui Loyal Player

I just want to say that if you're playing DCUO on Steam, this is where you can find your DCUO files:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DC Universe Online

Alternatively, if somehow your DCUO files are not there or you don't know how to get to the folder using the file path above, you can do the following steps:
    1. Start Steam if you haven't done so already.
    2. Select "Library" and click on "Games" on the drop down list.
    3. Right click on "DC Universe Online" and select "Properties"
    4. Click on the "Local Files" tab and click on "Browse Local Files"
    • Like x 1
  16. PacifistSlade New Player

So im Copying UNREAL3 folder from your regular DCUO installation... or im moving it?
  17. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Copy! Yeah, don't move it or you'll break the live game. UNREAL3 is the base assets. When you run the test installer over it, it will rebase it to the test server build.

On a side note, if you ever install on another system, copying UNREAL 3 over will speed things up.
  18. PacifistSlade New Player

Thanks!!!!!!!
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I had that same socket error today when I tried to update the test client to test earth 3. I made sure that the live server could update (since I'm really a PS player), then copied the UREAL 3 folder. But now instead of getting the socket error after I log in and it tries to pack the client I get this.
    [IMG]
    Any suggestions?
  20. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Not sure on this one because I haven't gotten it myself. Other people are running into this issue though. I think it's something on Daybreak's end.