Sorry but Gadgets has to be fixed!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, Oct 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thats just rude, prioritizing gadget prec when might is equally strong. :p
    • Like x 2
  2. appocolyps Committed Player

Yes Gadgets might in a beasts hands is stupid too, same issues, turret clipping, stealth bs etc etc etc, is has advantages no other class have.

Actually this brings me to an easy fix for bringing everything back up to scratch with gadget, give us back the bugged jump cancelable consumables, will solve the balancing issues!!
  3. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

The one thing more broken than Gadgets
  4. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Yay, im one of 59 sorc players and 34 light players. I kinda like it like that. Makes it more fun when I smoke a mediocre gadgets dps.
    • Like x 1
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

Appo is a very dedicated, sweaty underpants-wearing damage farmer in the finest traditions of the damage role. If he says it’s so broken it needs an urgent fix or nerf, I would tend to agree.

People saying that there are other priorities to be fixed first are effectively saying there should only be one problem with the game flagged up at a time, which is silly. Constructive feedback should not be pooh poohed on a feedback forum.
  6. Lucerne Active Player

In a word, triage.

Whatever you think gadgets may or may not do better, I find it incredible that this, in PVE, gets this amount of vocal squeaking when we have so many broken wheels.
    • Like x 2
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I can agree with some of your sentiments about gadgets, but saying that it’s the most unbalanced power that’s spawned from the game is a lie, because rage at release was absolutely RIDICULOUS lol, it took skill to max it’s dmg, just like gadgets currently, but it was still op. Clipping outrage into outrage was wild lmao
    • Like x 1
  8. appocolyps Committed Player

I wish i could deny this, sadly its all true.
  9. appocolyps Committed Player

Honestly the ceiling with gadgets in its current state compared to the ceiling of any other power is bigger than that of Rage on its release, substantially too.
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

Really? I know what you’re getting at, but people have given up asking for PvP to be fixed. The last time it kinda worked was early 2017. That’s like saying it’s incredible people complain about Allies on the marketplace when there are feats in time capsules. Broken Gadgets is not the biggest issue in the game, but we’ve eaten static for years on PvP. They. Do not. Give. A. Damn. About PvP.
  11. Lucerne Active Player

I mean if we're going to talk pay2win, feats in time capsules are far worse, so I'm not sure that makes the point you were aiming for.. :p
  12. August Moon Well-Known Player

Catch this real quick
    Most Electric dps are prec specifically because tesla ball's super charge generation is on the same level if not better than any other super charger generator without actually being one so the power quintessentially has two super charge generators but only one gets used due to its range. ontop of that circuit breaker has a higher damage % increase than neo ven and can be clipped with neo ven for a quick 95% damage increase stack with an added defense increase and crowd control immunuity

Fire is a arguablly the best tank in the game due to its immolation ability and large health pool with 50% heal increase (not adding the extra 13% from league nbonuses and artifact) they practcally dont have to heal themselves and with immolation almost always being up to redice every hit they take by 35% it is very much easier as the healer to catch their falling slowly falling health pool and nuke it back up with just one instant or group heal. not to mention if no healer in play they still have absorb heat as a back up to literally heal them back up from low to full (excluding the 10% defense increase and crowd controll immunity you get from empowered channeling )

Gadgets... Everything has literally been said and if stealth is anything like mental's glitch the very move does a crap ton of damage upon leaving it

Munitions has been and continues to be the best example for a might aoe dps for elite, mini nuke on a single target does a literal 100k in damage , on multiple adds its still pretty good with a faster animation and better pay off damage than quantums time bomb. chain gun and five barrel are amazing ticking powers that synchronize amazingly with strat and trans . the literal PI does tick damage that again , synchronizes with strat and trans and the hard hitting channel moves are mobile so youre not stuck in place like most channeling moves. single target its pretty lack luster but definitely not out of the game.

and lastly Quantum is an extremely mobile and arguably fun troll to play with , its crown controls have added effects that help syun adds even longer than most (primarily knock backs or knock downs) as well as very easy to see for tanks to see stunned adds. easiest troll to both pick people up and preform mechanics in. people have even started going prec quantum buff battle troll as of recently which both does damage and keeps everyone powered up. IF youre a troll main only 9 times out of 10 youre quantum
    • Like x 2
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

more of this?
    • Like x 2
  14. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

You must be gadgets
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, how does a Gadgets Player become this overpowered? Asking for my various Gadgets Alts! ;)
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Swing and a miss. I technically have a Gadgets character but she exists literally only so I can pick apart the Stealth bug and see which pieces of it are actually broken, which so far seem to be majorily Gadgets and heavily Speed Movement Ability related (is anyone shocked yet?) - I also don't run Muni, all of my characters (with the exception of that one) fly, I don't run EoG (even on my electric DPS) and I still use VWD. That's how much i care about meta.

So my horse in this race is largely academic.

The same conversation gets really old though, especially when there are equally as broken - if not more broken - things out there. Like "an all-channeling Powerset that maintains 100% mobility while outputting top-tier range damage".
  17. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

It could use some balancing.
  18. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Sad to see the silence of the devs on this subject...
  19. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

The Stealth clip'n .."Exploit" sounds like a PC thing..
    Unless I'm missing something ??
    I've seen 4 powers clipped in stealth on youtube..
    But their just 2 that damage really which is normal.. There other cancel animation ..I believe? Play Station can't clip like that.
  20. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

I mean….. this was brought up awhile ago and by awhile I mean months ago and nothing happened so I still expect nothing to happen…unfortunately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.