Sorry but Gadgets has to be fixed!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, Oct 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ehhh, as stated previously, my horse in this race is largely academic - you seem to be taking the whole thing very much to heart and I'm not really here for speculation or accusation. So I'll say this, to frame the discussion a different way: maybe that'll be more productive. Or maybe not.

Anyway - simply put... Receipts go a long way in this discussion.

We've seen his resume.

We haven't seen yours.
    • Like x 2
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Seriously guy. Reading comprehension! It’s astonishing to me how someone can actually type with generally correct sentence structure but have such poor reading comprehension skills. I’m not going to once again explain the multiple ways you somehow misunderstood what I typed. It’s getting exhausting.

Is it dyslexia? I’m not asking to be insulting. Steve Jobs had dyslexia and accomplished great things despite it. Perhaps you two share the same disability? I dunno. It’s just really odd how frequently you’ve misread and misinterpreted posts in this thread (not just mine).

You haven’t disproven or debunked one single thing in this thread. NOT ONE. Please look up the definition of the word “proof”. If you fancy yourself another go at learning another word’s definition, go ahead and go for “delusion”.
    • Like x 2
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I just have to say this. I’m seeing signs that the issue might go beyond a simple lack of reading comprehension skills and instead could actually be an undiagnosed neurological disorder. I am by no means a neurologist but I’m seeing a lot of patterns in your manner of communication that mirror symptoms that someone very close to me was exhibiting prior to being diagnosed with a chronic and debilitating neurological disorder.

It would take waaay more time and effort than I can spare to highlight the specifics of what I’m seeing. But as an example, here’s a hypothetical conversation that I can completely see happening with you that demonstrates what I’m talking about:

“Person: John took a walk to the park.

Hunter: You’ve already contradicted yourself. Which is it? Will John be running or driving since you said he will be parking. You also conveniently left out what he’s going to take and who he’s taking it from. Not only is it impossible for you to see the future as you seem to think but you don’t even have anything on which to base a prediction about what he’ll take or you would have stated it.

Person: WTH?!? Why are you suddenly talking future tense? That’s not the kind of “park” I was talking about and where did you even get anything about running? And the phrase take a walk doesn’t actually imply taking something from somebody else. Are you ok?

Hunter: Every single time you try to act as if you know what Marcus will do I disprove and debunk everything you say!

Person: Wait, who the f*** is Mar…ehhh, nevermind.” (end of example)

The debate with you throughout this entire thread has essentially gone similar to that example. I’m being serious man. Something might be legitimately and seriously affecting your health. For your sake I hope you get checked out by an appropriate physician. I won’t derail this thread anymore with this. I just would hate myself if I had the opportunity but failed to help someone catch a condition early and get treatment for it.
    • Like x 2
  4. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Just a tip:
    if you're ever going to go down the childish Route of "reading comprehension" again, which has been overused so many times by people who have lost their point entirely and are desperately struggling for any kind of "win" through mockery, theres 1 specific thing you should keep in mind. It just does not look good at all to challenge someones ability to read, and then immediately misspell their name. I mean you actually did it TWICE. And I honestly thought you couldn't outdo yourself when you brought up "Point vs Counter Point". Man....

I'll change it from Hunted to Hunter though if you need that kind of help to finally get one detail right in this thread? Or you could notice that I was right yesterday, that you have no point about Gadgets anymore and have let yourself sink into an ego-driven contest of one and are actively derailing the threads purpose. Doubtful though, that'd make sense, and thats not your strong suit.

I'll await the next "Im not an expert on X and have no qualifications to call you X but i'll still call you X anyway" rant :)
  5. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Of course gadgets is OP during my hiatus

I miss all the fun
    • Like x 1
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

We’re going to compare misspelling of proper nouns to completely misunderstanding entire concepts and utter inability to follow train of thought and conversational logic? Ok guy.

And by the way, I’m a professionally trained musician and in that field it’s spelled counterpoint. So I suppose I used the spelling from one context in another. Go ahead and hang your hat on that and keep ignoring your own repeated inability to grasp the relationships between multiple related concepts when they are mentioned in succession.

Perhaps try reading things a few times over before beginning to form your thoughts? I dunno, it worked well for Steve Jobs in overcoming his dyslexia. I’m just trying to help you. Something is extremely off with you and I thought it could potentially be a serious medical condition. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and at the same time give you the opportunity to get it checked out by an appropriate physician in case it is something that can be helped medically.

I can sympathize with how frustrating it must be to constantly have your reading comprehension skills questioned and criticized. But at the same time, multiple people are trying to have a respectful debate with you and it continually gets derailed by them having to constantly repeat the same concepts over and over every time you demonstrate another misunderstanding. Also, your habitual use of condescension in your tone just comes off as a defense mechanism for covering up for something which I thought might be a neurological issue. But there are healthier coping mechanisms you could use that don’t come across to others as a lack of respect, decency and common courtesy.
    • Like x 2
  7. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Oh look, another insult under the pretence of "concern". How original.....

I wonder how long you plan to keep trying, (and failing ofc), to "win" anything with this weird fantasy about Reading Comprehension before you realize you stopped talking about Gadgets about 2 pages ago?

Trust me, everyone else has noticed, we're just waiting for you to let the thread get back to its subject. You had your position on Gadgets dragged through the mud and exposed as absolute nonsense and you're sore about it. We get it. We got that 2-3 pages ago. If you're so good at fantasizing about others having reading difficulties then it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to pretend you "won" whatever it is you think there is to win here and move on. If someone asked you "what are you arguing about?" right now, would you even have a mature answer?

I don't think so.

Now, lets get the thread back to Gadgets and the necessity for 2 changes.
  8. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Well, what about mental's ability to do the same then?
  9. Not Lowtie Level 30

Hold up......can you read my mind? Also, are you sure that they are the individual holding up this thread? Pot, meet kettle.
    • Like x 2
  10. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

New account because of a ban huh? You're correct, pot meet kettle indeed.

And try to be careful who you defend. Although I don't actually suffer from any sort of reading comprehension difficulties, the person you seem to be sticking up for gets perverse pleasure from insulting people who do. Or so their posts say anyway if we're to believe they were being "genuine".

You'll need to start replying to people correctly, but more importantly you'll need to fix your "tread" mistakes, or you'll be the next one they come after.

Anyway, AGAIN, back to Gadgets
  11. Not Lowtie Level 30

Why assume I got banned? Why do you think this is a new account?
    Be careful who I defend? Who am I exactly sticking up for and how am I doing so?
    What was incorrect about my reply? Fixed my typing error before you replied so.......
    Who is "they" you're referring to? Why would "they" come after me? I'm not the person making such a ruckus in here.

Anyway, AGAIN, what's your in game name?
    • Like x 2
  12. AV Loyal Player

For someone who says they want to talk about Gadgets, you sure go out of your way to never talk about Gadgets or substantiate. Also, how deluded does one have to be to start imagining they're talking to different people than they are? If cringiness was an artform, you'd be Michelangelo.
    • Like x 4
  13. Not Lowtie Level 30

He was my favorite Ninja Turtle
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I believe this discussion has run its course. There are lots of valid and contradictory suggestions here, but I just had to lock this up for the insults. Also Donatello was clearly the best turtle.

I don't have anything to share right now, but exploits must be fixed. Eventually. Always. Period.
    • Like x 17
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.