Thank you ALLIES. I'm done.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Major Shenanigans, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inferno Loyal Player

Yes, I have to say that since testing the Allies and what they were going to do for me, my interest was lackluster to the point of ignorance.
    I didn't realize that the allies purchase-able in game did not require the Legendary alliance while the MP allies does.

But you know what? Learning this just now, my reaction to it? So what? I was already feeling disinterested in them and now my interest in these legendary allies dropped from Nil to Negative Nil.

I'm going to leave it to YOU guys to fight the good fight. I'm just too disheartened since this last update for other reasons. And I'm restructuring and focusing my play to keep enjoying DCUO as it is now.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

It's all good.

Yeah, I understand the premise behind loss leading, it's done by supermarkets all the time with their specials, then they use shady physcological techniques to appeal to your impulses :D

Sometimes, though you've still just got point out that the $25 pack of water crackers is bull **** :D
    • Like x 4
  3. Proxystar #Perception

will keep an eye out, thanks :)
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats cool, wishing you well but if u check the vendor, NOT the marketplace, you can get them free with source marks.
    But its hard to be dramatic if u take the time to ask or figure these things out, i get it.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yup
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

When did they add the Legendary Allies to the vendor??
  7. Apollonia Dedicated Player

You argued with me in the testing thread when I brought up the issues with Allies explaining that the way they work would upset people. I explained why and offered solutions.

For anyone to want them they have to have a reasonable level of functionality vs their cost. A lot of people were interested in Allies because they believed they would work like the FP duo -- but in their current iteration, they don't stay out long enough. So, charging $22 for something out 3 seconds upsets a lot of people. SO the general interest and willingness to buy and support the feature is there, but the implementation is not at all what a fan is looking for from the feature and that's why people aren't wiling to support the feature.

Just yesterday
    • Like x 1
  8. myandria Item Storage

:D Agreed 100%!
    Your supermarket analogy is perfect and convenience stores are masters of loss leading; cheap coffee leads to 10 dollars or more spent on breakfast items you did not intend to get.

In my opinion, $15 would a more reasonable price for those "water crackers". I cannot see any reason to pay $25 for an "ally" that stays out for only 3 seconds and has the same/similar buffs/debuffs that some artifacts have.

My peeve about these "haute couture" allies is that the marketplace does not fully describe their functions: how long does their "special attacks" last and how long does those assigned "buffs/debuffs last? For example, the Aquaman ally can summon a Kraken to help you out; how long does that Kraken help you for? He can also be assigned to reduce active ally cooldown OR increase pet damage (nope, you can't have both); again, how long does either effect last?

I also think that the devs should revisit the price of those "main character" allies; remember, no version of Aquaman is a mentor for the Justice League (Poor guy can't catch a break forward or backward) so it makes me wonder why his ally costs so much. The Flash has more content available than Aquaman but Flash's ally is much cheaper; how did the devs come up with the math for that one?
    • Like x 1
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I feel like I have Alzheimer because I swear the new Allies ( Edgy Batman, Edgy Aquaman and Edgy Wonder Woman) were only on the Marketplace. How much are they?
  10. Apollonia Dedicated Player

2200 DB cash or $22USD ea more or less. The upgrade packs for xp etc put them at around $200ea though.
    • Like x 1
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

OH! I meant available in game like available through the vendor (Cyborg) with Source marks. My bad but thanks for the info.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Wildcat Committed Player

not a fan of those "allies", we as heroes/villains should be power full enough to beat all the enemies.
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Why put a gameplay affecting feature on the marketplace. They could have put it in a quest in game as something fun for dedicated players to go after kind of like getting pets as a hunter in wow
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

It’s only a Knick-knack that really isn’t required for game play, just something to show off. You can still beat the content without an Ally.
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

They didnt and they dont need to. Just cause the legendary ones are purchase only doesnt somehow break the game or ruin it or anything lol
  16. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

White knights still in here defending this decision. Hilarious
    • Like x 3
  17. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

You can also beat content without gear, without stat points, without pets, without base mods, without orbitals, without a keyboard, without a mouse and without a controller. But not having 1 of them limits your options. Pretty much every other combat item in the game (besides like 2 or 3 useless pets) is available one way or another without spending irl money. Legendary Allies in the other hand are hard locked
    • Like x 1
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Sometimes I think there are people here who don't play the game at all but log on the forums just to make sure they contribute to make everyone's gameplay worse
    • Like x 2
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For me, its not about defending their decision so much as waiting for a competent and coherent arguemnt against it.
    Wanting everything free just aint a good enough argument.
    Your progression aint halted either an thats the other one i keep seeing.

Im just waiting for a non-selfish, competent argument. Otherwise theres nothing wrong with them making the legendaries pay only
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve given up so much for this update… so much content I might never be able to do now. Summoning Aquaman was going to be just a tiny little consolation… Now I find out I have to pay 90$ for that privilege. It stings. :(
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.