Heatwave is Overpowerd

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PTFreeze, May 14, 2021.

1. Scytthe Well-Known Player

No he's not op especially in normal
    • Like x 1
  2. Miserable Dedicated Player

3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I can't even with people, sometimes. Even the Elite it took about four deaths on the first day in gear from the previous episode before the mechanics were clear. Protip: FIRE BAD.
    • Like x 6
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Unless you're water :p
    • Like x 2
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not gonna lie. That made me chuckle lol.

To be completely honest. I actually prefer this dlcs aim on mechanics. They actually felt a lot more fun than previous cheesy and cheap mechanics. Tank and spank block or die. Mind control no issue... or wait both healers were controlled wipe. These actually feel interactive. I think to many people got use to block on skulls one shot and continue style. These mechanics aren’t entirely old school but they are closer to what it used to be
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I've had to solo the boss in Elite at least 4 times already.

Heatwave isn't as bad as you'd like him to be.

Elite Amazo could use a tune-up, but that's mostly just because of the neverending hard stun cycling between him and the ATOM-Bot.
    • Like x 3
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes!!! I actually find him more annoying than heatwave because of the double stuns on top of losing my loadout/weapons. I actually find him easier to solo than to do it with someone else lol
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yeah, Amazo is way more annoying. Have had to solo Heatwave in elite a few times. As long as one has a shield to get the cogs, it’s not too bad.
  9. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Any1 can school with me the master fire feat with disabling his fuel tank? I swear I've disabled it and the feat is not popping. I have one objective doing it without but can't get credit for the other.
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Make sure he's near a console when he's skull attacking, get him to blow it up by facing him toward it, activate the cog. You just have to keep activating the cogs on him until the tank reaches 0%.
    • Like x 1
  11. spikeat Well-Known Player

I usually run the duo with 2 dps. In elite I would use range attack while holding aggro and the other dps would stand by the cogs. I avoid exploding those devices that causes Heatwave to go down. The fight is quite fast and depending on how fast the burn is, it usually only takes 1 or 2 cog cycles. In the regular version, Heatwave goes down in less than a minute.

The worst part of this duo for me is the room with the waves of adds. You can't speed up this part.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's mostly annoying if the other guy doesn't lunge when you are locked up. I actually joined a guy who someone else abandoned with a healer toon and was going to DPS (normally do). He asked 'Can you heal', so no problem....I did. I kept getting stunned by Amazo and had only 1 power I could pop while stunned, so heals were waining and he would NOT lunge the bot...The best part was he kept dropping in 'Healz?' in chat....I typed back 'lunge?'....nope...no lunges. After 2 wipes and some instruction in between he still would not lunge, and I figured out why he was abandoned in the first place....and then a few seconds later, abandoned by me too.

I don't like any duos where once your partner drops you are almost assured of failure. The heatwave fight can be solo'd at least, Amazo (while I'm sure it's possible) is better to wipe if someone drops(burn is too slow when stunned) and is WAY more aggravating to me. I don't like all the running on heatwave, but at least I have control of that. The stuns? Nope.
    • Like x 2
  13. Berza Committed Player

Are you trying in elite? Feat only works in normal and event.
  14. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

What is your CR?
    If you're appropriately geared, the regular duo is fairly simple as long as you follow the mechanics. If you ignore the mechanics and think you're going to just blast your way through, you're probably going to struggle quite a bit.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I swear heatwave dies faster in elite than regular. Helps turning him into a dog tho. The cogs rarely even come up in elite.
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

It very much depends on the composition of the group ... for example, it is most convenient to kill Ammazo with two DPS (then he has no defense or shields, and if the DPS are prepared and use supercharges and orbitals ... then this is a battle for 10-15 seconds ...) As for the "lighter", the safest thing is the healer and the DPS ... but the two DPS also do well and very quickly if you use the supercharges and the orbital correctly (just use them when HV makes his skull attack (he then stands still)) ...
  17. Controller Devoted Player

If you stand in one spot OR don't move around enough then it will get Too Hot

especially in Elite.

My best advice is to KEEP.....ON.....MOVING..........

...don't stop..like the hands of time.............

Save your orbitals, SC's, pets for certain windows to deploy them - and personally I do NOT throw everything at him once the fight starts.

If I recall, Heatwave DOES drop his shield buff and when he DOES I'd throw orbitals, SCs and the like at him THEN.

Plastic Man is a pain in the keester....when he pops up I move as much as I can - don't let him draw a bead on you.

I use the summoned pet that will heal you, fight for you and provide you a personal shield for a short time, too.

Range him as much as you can and - especially in Elite - make sure at least ONE of you are trying to deactivate those switches to keep the heat down. If you miss enough of those switches then

I blind queue for MOST of my Elite duos - call me crazy but I love living on the edge like that - nope. Fortunately I'm finding just about ALL that queue for it have some experience and we can get through it together.

For Elite I've done it as a HL Dps most of the time...my healer Alt got through it once. I've beaten it with Tanks, Healers and other Dps.

Yesterday I had a Quantum Troll that quit on me like Chicken Little

[IMG]

They queued in as a Controller and their stuns were GOOD....was hopeful for them to stick it out and see if we could get through Heat Wave but not EVERYONE is worthy to be paired with a Green Lantern

[IMG]

Was REALLY hoping to see how their debuffs would've helped in that Heatwave fight but oh well.

Hope this helps.
  18. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Some people get tunnel vision when dpsing, I be having to scream out lunge all of the time when doing it with one of my lg mates lol.
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

A tip for Earth and Sorcery players is to run Brick/Guardian at Heatwave. They both hold aggro pretty well and can trivialize the fight.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I like to get Heatwave to explode the devices but then not hit his cog. Gives my shields time to come off cooldown and time to hit the cogs for the DoT if I need to.