Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Pvp doesn’t need some massive overhaul, that’s the thing, it’s just people here on the forums that keep making it seem that way
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I don’t understand why your acting like the styles are the whole point of playing. The reason to run the missions are to potentially get the rewards, they havent given us any new animations or fx for our characters in years, so you would think they would atleast put more effort into the styles.

IMO the gameplay will never be exciting to me again if they dont give new animations. They can give us 5-6 more dlc and ill still say they’re boring bc im tired of running down recycled hallways with 10 year old animations that are shared between all 15 powers. All i have left is to hope for better styles because this super hero game says they’re not adding more powers. And a batman superman n ww style every 3 months isnt cool, i know were getting death metal at the end of the year, if its trash im done , imma leave that topic at that.

First lets clear up that my name is DARK SOLDIER and i never posted a thread about selling sp, rather i was in someone’s thread that THEY made putting in my thoughts, which remain the same, that dead feats should be granted, like the ones in question, and people like you who idk what to call it... gatekeep?.. idk but there’s something weird going on in that little mind of yours. I believe it might be because your bullied in real life so you finally found a platform where you can be the bully. What you do on these forms isnt cool, if i was ur dad id whoop your booty, and im sooo confused why your never sent on vacation. You log in every day with the intention to derail every new/casual players thread who are asking for quality of life changes.

Next, what was that last sentence about? Were you trying to crack a joke? Make a funny? It didn’t even make sense you sound like you have Achne. Stick to the topic at hand which is if they should grant or reduce pvp feats.

Now that your all frazzled & tingling, probably talking to yourself, u seem like the type. your probably going to start typing “ well what did what he said have to do with pvp feats” well lets break down my original post.

First. My introduction paragraph. I use this paragraph to tell the audience that I predicted the atmosphere of this thread before entering the conversation. I then explain that some players live with the “ i did it so should you” without accounting for the passage of time and the inactivity of certain instances. I then in the first paragraph go onto answer a suggestion of “ i think they should do a pvp bonus week” which they’ve said multiple times they’re hesitant of a pvp week.

Second. In my body paragraph. I discussed the extreme differences between a casual player and someone whod deem themselves as elite. I give a example of a buddy of mine who called off work and spammed all doomsday the first day and was full ultimate gear within the first week. I talk about how some people have time to sit on the game all day and farm for artifacts & others have money to dump into the game to avoid the farm, which leads to the “ your supporting this game being pay to win”... pocket watching

Third. Conclusion. I concluded by giving my opinion on whether they should grant the last laugh feats. Saying they should not only because its the right thing to do, because they said they dont want to touch pvp right now, but also because it would knock keyboard jocks like you down a few levels. Heck maybe even make you leave a reply that leads to a perma ban, im hoping for the day honestly.
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

It's a matter of perspective.

One thing which needs to happen is that if they aren't going to do anything then gear needs a severe price restructuring. Anyone participating in a match is going to eventually think "hey, maybe I should invest some of these Marks in some new PVP gear". When they get to the top end gear and see it costs thousands of Marks for each item, they are far more likely to just go back to PVE (especially if they were thinking about trying to make builds for both DPS and their Role).

To me what it needs is a bit of a return to what it was when it was the most popular. Bring back RPS. Within Arenas remove utility of everything but gear and Supply Drops (I make Supply Drops as a caveat to non-healing classes but could just as easily go without). Aside from that I might give Tanks a small boost by giving them an actual Taunt on players which changes the player's target to the Tank when they are hit with a hard taunt power. Once this is done, balance the powersets from that standpoint.

Help keep interest by adding Nth Metal (and/or maybe some other type) drops.

For Legends I would say monetize it by selling Iconics to non-subscribers but allow Members to continue to use MoL to purchase Iconics.

That may not sound like a massive overhaul to some, but to others it may.
    • Like x 1
  4. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Sorry but this is absolute waffle.

You could've played every game in the world for all I care... that has nothing to do with this game and PVP. The whole of what you just said above is irrelevant because you haven't once identified the issues raised in this thread. The issue is there is a lack of players, and queues do not pop (no matter how badly I want the feats). Yet your response is literally 'You want the feats? Find a way.'

And yeah the bringing up PVE part of what you said is also irrelevant because I told you for those feats you can get a group on LFG, queue, do the feat, job done. It's not the same for PVP unfortunately.
    • Like x 1
  5. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Yeah I could quite easily get the styles myself, I was just pointing out that if they gave us ALL feats then styles should probably be included that was all. Not really fussed about the styles though I'll get those eventually from 1v1s. :)
  6. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I dont agree that it's the same. PVE is completely different. Get a group on LFG and go get the feats you want for PVE.

I'd say the same for PVP but it's actually hard to find people that:

a.) want to do those feats
    b.) haven't already done the feats

If I was to get a group of 8 for PVP feats that doesn't guarantee the queue will even pop since we need another group of 8 to queue, and I don't agree with trading feats with another group because that literally defeats the purpose of PVP.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Assuming that's an honest question, not just a 'mind your own beeswax' statement. MY main concern with them directly selling SP (not just counting the many....many...SP already available for some kind of spend, in game or IRL) is that it basically opens us up to having feats designed to encourage purchase vs grind. While yes, some will like that, MOST players in an MMO are planning on grinding things out. We've already seen the last 2 episodes where once they are a year old, have feats that will be extremely hard if not impossible to grind out (the 100/75 count boss rotations and crazy high alt currency prices), so once we show it's more profitable to make more feats like this...so the people with more wallet than time available can spend their way to the end...why not make more, slightly grindier feats? More people will buy them, right?

Some examples? Would you pay $1 to not have to kill 5000 reapers? No? What if it were 10,000 reapers? 20K? Everyone has a price, and once we let them know there IS a price, there is some encouragement to finding it. Not saying things like this would HAVE to be done, but there are people above the devs who will notice the income and ask, why not more like THAT?

It's a slippery slope...and it gets steep fast.

Now as far as giving out feats, yeah, that's a different subject. There it is kind of slap in the face for those who ground them, and it's pretty lazy to expect them. All the PvP feats are still attainable, although yes...more work than when PvP was thriving. Unless something is 100% not attainable, like crafting feats that went away when crafting was ended...or the OG valentines feats when that event was scrapped and re-built...sure. And if PvP goes away, I'd guess the feats will be given out at that time, and while some will grumble and howl (I might be one of them) at least it will make sense.

There are several things that could be done which would not really take a rework of PVP (something the devs said they are not looking at doing) that would drive some PvP traffic if they wanted to help do that. 'Fixing' PvP is not required to get the feats, but a few incentives could be dangled with a change to the loot table or implementing the '10x' they did with LPVE. As far as those go, I'd look to LPVE as an example. Almost universally hated at this point, those 1000 run feats were touted as 'unattainable' too...so they implemented the 10x weeks to help out. I'd say that shows a bit of the direction we are likely to see things go vs either selling or giving them out.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

First, you have talked about selling feats or granting them before. Not sure if you started a thread or just joined but why does that matter? I think the bulk of them were in that one massive thread, but there have been a few others along the way.

Second, you came in calling anyone who was against granting or selling of feats 'weirdoes', so yeah...name calling, that's kind of bullying even if it wasn't a really tough name. It's an opposing view...that does not make someone weird.

And yeah, the last line was a joke, but it was not meant with malice...sorry if it offended you. You've mentioned the "Tunic of Greed" (it's in your sig currently) and called people 'pocket watchers' quite a few times in other threads...figured you'd get the joke...but I see your sense of humor is, well... lacking. The abbreviation of your name was also not meant as some insult...that's just me lazy typing. Kind of like how some people might refer to Proxystar as Proxy or 'The Lorax' as Lorax. I've seen quite a few references to Obsidian Chill as just 'Chill'. Just didn't know you were so defensive about it, I'll avoid it in the future now that I know your greatly offended.

But a ban? Doubtful....However, please continue to say how you'd 'whup my booty' and call people names while you also call me a bully....It helps get your point across on what bullying is by showing examples. After your post we all have a few to reference now.

PS...I've never claimed to be a nurse or have joined any nursing associations like ACHNE, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but they are a fine organization I'm sure.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I was at work talking into the phone, i meant acne.

Nothing ive said in this post comes close to the constant bombardment of negativity that you pour into threads on a nightly bases. We talk about how new players are discouraged to playing the game, a big part of the reason they’re discouraged to come to the forms is people like you and a few people in this thread.

No i did not make a thread about selling/granting sp, but every time it comes up i will indeed be a outspoken supporter of it, you can do the research, ive long been a advocate of it. I have money some have time. Its like my slogan when it comes to this. Infact im probably able to log into the forums more often then in game. Especially this school year where covid has completed flipped my lesson plans upside down and basically every day im coming up with something new for students.

The stat points someone has on their character & how they got them should be none of anyone’s business but what their own account has. Its 100% pocket watching.

And what, the people who are playing on pc and spawn bots into pvp ques to get Ws should be allowed to do this? Its not fair. Ive never asked for equality, i dont think everyone should be equal. I never not once said let us buy our way to current sp. i said make a bundle for 3-4 dlc that you can buy and make it a one time option to buy such a bundle. I just want a FAIR chance at equality. And pc players spawning bots when playstation cannot isnt fair.
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

I have all pvp feats and I 100% support just giving those feats to new players. I never found pvp in this game all that fun, if I want to fight someone 1v1 I'll play an actual fighting game where there are meaningful mechanics and better balance.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You obviously only read the posts where I'm responding to someone like you who EQUALLY likes to argue a point. When new or questioning players (questioning things in the game) I'll often try to give them some hopefully helpful tips. What I won't say is 'open your wallet and buy your way in' although I might warn them that it's definitely an option you could fall into. I'm pretty sure you've got me outgunned if complaining about things in the game that are 'bad' or not to your liking, which might drive new players away. Not that I defend everything in the game (especially TCs), there is room for improvement for sure....but I get a lot of enjoyment out of it, even when I hate it sometimes.

As far as the selling/granting of SP, I know we are going to disagree...we've done it before. I did not feel the need to jump into a thread to specifically say those asking for it to be sold or granted are 'weird' because I disagree with them. I'll give my reasons why I disagree though...sorry, but that's just defending your side of the argument (same as you are doing now...not so much in your 1st post). And if you've read some of my other posts on the subject, it's not pocket watching to not want SP for sale...unless you mean watching my own pocket, cause yeah....I watch my own pocket very closely.

And I've got all but 2 of the PVP feats on my PS4 main...so no bots there. I'm sure they are out there, but none that I know of appeared in my runs....and I didn't get them in 2013-2015 when PvP was still booming. Tough to get them done...yes...impossible...no. Until they are impossible, they should not be given out....period. Selling is a different discussion though....and I'm sure it will come up again.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

How many times do we have to teach you this old man. Let us buy feats... it would only let you catch up not conquer so your pockets would be good.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Oh please, stop with this absolute nonsense... "spreading negativity", pull the other one... no one is spreading negativity just because they don't agree with you on a topic/debate and then you get upset because you can't "hang, in the argument"...

There's no one here spreading negativity... We just don't want them to give away stat points for free or even put them up for sale that doesn't equate to spreading negativity nor does it amount to spreading negativity when we might choose to disagree with you on any other topic or is it just all negativity when it doesn't send you back a replicated echo...

Feats should never be sold, the moment they do that they eliminate any validity the system has and it will simply turn in to pay2win, when no one bothers to actually undertake the tasks anymore, certainly not the challenging ones cause it's just "imma buy that later no worries".

and what's this nonsense about PC players running "spawn bots" what a horribly ignorant misconception, as if all PC players are sitting there running 16 sessions of the game on one PC or across multiple PC's and that's just what the average PC player does... It's right up there with that ignorant crap put forward by console players who think PC players are literally all speed hackers, just because they're on a PC...
    • Like x 2
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

iiiiii know a pc player who runs x amount of sessions on his pc and is grinding out pvp feats using his bots. Getting all the safehouse and 2v2 feats and its just him and all his bots in the ques.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

one person, let that sink in for a moment, one person... yet you're up in here screaming bloody murder like all us PC players are running hundreds of thousands of sessions getting feats on easy mode by playing ourselves... just nonsense, it's such a bad allegation against PC players its frankly embarrassing you even for a moment suggested it.
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If the issue truly is that there aren't enough players, then you're stuck. The devs can't force people to like PvP or to want to play it, so I really don't see why you expect them to do something if there aren't enough players to play that part of the game to begin with.

I don't quite buy that there aren't enough players, though. It's still an active game, so there's bound to be enough folks to fill out a queue. Whether or not folks are doing everything within their power to get those people to queue is another matter, as it's all too easy to imagine someone sitting either in their HQ or base just waiting for the queue to pop without saying a word in any chat channel to try and get something going.

PvP has the same problem as older PvE content in that folks just don't seem to be interested in running it as much. So extra effort is required to get those going. Don't want to put in that extra effort? Better be prepared to wait.
    • Like x 1
  17. Bantos2 Active Player

This is kinda funny, people who are supporting the feats to be sold or given out for free have been playing for more than 5-6 years. Whoever's been playing for that long and is supporting that the feats should be given away they were probably getting smacked left and right in queues and couldn't complete the feats. How about we remove all the PvP feats and whoever has it has it, just like Back From Hack and Superman's 80th Emblem.
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To be fair to DARK SOLDIER, it's probably more than 1 person. I'll sometimes run a few PC accounts to queue into something like an old alert or Duo if I need something in there (until AQS happens), but PVP would be more difficult with simultaneous queues and having to move out of the safe zones, respawning...etc. Not impossible but hardly worth the effort (IMHO) when there are other less complicated options. Many PC players using Steam don't even know how to launch more than 1 session and a bunch don't have rigs that could handle more than 1 or 2 at the same time, much less sustain them for a period of time to make a meaningful dent in PvP feats. 16 for 8v8s? Good luck. So, in reality, it's probably a few more than 1 person....but a lot less than ALL PC players.

And in the end if anyone believes that it IS that easy to do that everyone can do it, but it's just some discrimination against the PS4/5, rev up a PC/laptop and start making accounts....they are free, as is access to PVP. I think PVP access starts at what...Level 20 or something? Should take about 1 afternoon to groom a PVP team up. I'd guess the reality of the situation will sink in shortly after starting the process.
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

They also have to weigh up whether, or not, it's worth severely irritating a portion of their player base (and, potentially, losing that money). Also note that I mention this as somebody who never does PVP, and would thus benefit from their making the PVP feats available to everybody without the grind.
  20. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Agreed.

Come up with ways to make PLAYers actually PLAY the game instead of just handing them feats for NO PLAY at all.

Get players actively playing the game in some way.

Totally agree with this.
    • Like x 4