Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I read through the entire thread. Habit of mine to make sure I'm not making a point someone else already made. As much as it's possible I like to try to add something to a conversation.

All those points you made about getting the queues to pop? They're the exact same ones I've heard time and time and time and time and time and time and time again in conversations about handing out full Marks for running older content.

Handing out full Marks for putting in partial (or even fractional) effort just to get queues to pop is a bad idea, as is handing out PvP feats because the queues don't pop as much as you'd like, because all the tools necessary for getting those queues to pop are there for players to use. Multiple chat channels are in place to try and get things moving, and they've even opened up open world shout chat so that heroes and villains can talk at one another now.

And yes, that was deliberate word usage there for open world. Nine times out of ten people aren't really talking to or with one another in shout chat. LOL

'What's going to be done about this?' I think a better question to ask first is 'What are you doing about it?' My suggestions? Get organized. Network. Talk to people. The tools are out there to be used, and it's generally better to have thoroughly exhausted all your options before starting to ask for handouts like that.

One last little bit to think about: the devs included a batch of feats in the CR skips that cover a lot of the core/base/launch game content. One thing that wasn't included? PvP feats, even though there's very little PvP content connected to episodes. They could have (for lack of a better term) washed their hands of it and included PvP feats from the start, but they didn't. Why? Only they know for sure, but my guess is that they want people to play PvP to get the rewards for PvP. The only exception to that that I can think of is being able to get PvP style pieces from Promethium Lockboxes, and there's so much RNG to deal with there that it's probably easier to get those styles by, you know, playing.
    • Like x 2
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

I’m not saying you haven’t got anything to add to the discussion or that your views are not valid, but when you open your remarks by describing people who hold a certain view as “weirdos”, whilst holding the view that something like quality of new styles will potentially cause you to quit the game, you’re on strange ground.

You’re happy to let speedhackers not be punished, for PvP feats to be given out to people who haven’t earned them and you want to have outside underpants just like Superman or whatever. I get it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Daybreak are incompetent, they havent touched pvp and are not planning to.

You know whqts funny daybreak bought DCUO wich is the MMO with the best pvp eve created in a MMO foe what? To destroy it ruin it and let i die, clap.
    • Like x 1
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Daybreak didn’t buy DCUO.
  5. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Well it’s basically them in charge of developing and what’s happening in the game, if you have pay2win artefacts a membership that isn’t a membership at all and a pvp that is dead since 5 years it’s daybreak.

These are the exemple of choices made by the company daybreak, when you open the marketplace for exemple it explicitly says daybreak
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

I don’t necessarily disagree with your views, I’m just pointing out that Daybreak did not buy DCUO. Daybreak is/was a name change for the company that ran DCUO the whole time.

I agree that the state of PvP is absolutely pathetic, and that the current situation for members is unfair, however short term, and that artifacts have a significant pay-to-win element.
    • Like x 2
  7. IamSAM New Player

ohaiyo. I do not post on the forums often, but I wanted to throw some of my opinions.

I played the game at launch, and as the years went by, I got mostly all the PVP feats on my psn account. Ring war was the one I despised the most, but that stuff was annoying to run.

In 2018, I created a pc account and started the grind all over again. I have a good amount of PVP feats obtained, but I'm still missing a lot. After a couple of months of grinding, I took a break but decided to play earlier this year again with some encouragement.

With the state of the game now, I do not think I will ever obtain certain arena PVP feats. I can grind the gear and legends PvE because legends are probably the most balanced PVP the game has to offer. Arena PVP is a joke without role buffs/debuffs. It is a bad design, but there's nothing I can do about it.

I read through the posts, and we all have different opinions on what should be done. I do not think anyone is necessarily wrong, and everyone has good thoughts. However, everyone should have to put in some effort to obtain feats. I have been grinding DLC's forever, it feels like, and I just hit 500+ sp when I came back to the game.

I believe the dev team should at least look at a way to help players, who because of the time they started playing or because they have never dabbled with PVP, with events or bonuses to incite players in participating in arena q's. I don't think it would be too far of a reach to allow double marks or double wins. Yes, if you did the 250 feat wins before, I understand it took forever. I was there, and I did it all. But not helping players who just started or are missing PVP feats is a bad design.

I understand that all the money comes from PvE. I know they do not have any plans to fix PVP or bring new PVP sets. That's all fine and dandy. However, introduce bonus marks or wins to help promote arena q's. Thank you ^^
    • Like x 1
  8. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I honestly don't care if you think it's a crap move. I was honest at the start of this thread by saying I don't care for PVP, I chase feats and that's it. I am 100% fine with earning the feats - providing I am able to actually queue into the instances to get them. Since the queues are non existent (and getting groups simply to farm feats is basically cheating), I've outlined a few solutions in my previous posts. One of which is handing out the feats and getting rid of PVP because they clearly have no interest in fixing it.
  9. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Bro you've literally just highlighted the point I was making... I said in my post I hope they don't think like this. But the sad fact is that they probably do. This game is a business, they want money. They have no interest in fixing PVP.
    • Like x 1
  10. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I don't really understand the point you're trying to make about older content because that is completely different to PVP. In PVE you can just get a group, go get the feat you want, and then you're done. In PVP it's not so simple because not enough people queue and it is actually hard to find people to come do the feats believe it or not, plus the feats aren't just '1 time feats' like they are in PVE. They're extremely long overtime ones which aren't even guaranteed because you obviously need to win not just complete the instance. Until you yourself have tried queuing into these instances I really don't think you should be speaking on this topic. You're blindly speaking on something you have 0 experience in whatsoever based on your PVE experience.

And 'Get organized. Network. Talk to people.'?? I'm ngl where have you been for the past few years? People have been having this discussion about PVP time and time again. Has anything been done? No. The devs don't care. We can talk about it as much as we want but they just choose to ignore anything PVP related.
  11. Kilbane Active Player

I appreciate the concept of game design by committee, but this is not something that can be decided by players because everyone will have a different idea of what they feel PvP in DCUO should be. Daybreak has to actually have a vision and a plan. "Fixing" PvP would likely take an effort on the level of the stats revamp, and would take basically a dedicated dev team to constantly rebalance. It will never happen. The money isn't there. They really should just come out and admit PvP is abandoned, or actually put out real plans and not "We'll look into it in 2022 (no we won't)" just to avoid disappointing PvP players. Stringing them along for years now is just sad.

But, that's just like.... my opinion man.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

All those ideas would be great, but I think also going back to a map rotation schedule, but breaking safehouses into their own category would help. Some people just want to PvP and don't care the map, so if there were:
    1 1v1 map
    1 2v2 map
    1 4v4 map (not including safehouses)
    1 safehouse 4v4 map
    1 5v5 map
    1 8v8 map

Legends same story...just double it if you select both trees.

Then everyone just queuing up for everything would be funneled to those 6 entires not the 20+ we have today. Yes, for the map you want you'd have to wait a few weeks (I think 4v4 has the most options even without safehouses mixed in), but when the week was on for your map, you are almost guaranteed to get quicker and more often pops. The bonus count weeks would help in the same way, but I'm betting against that being an option(programming wise). More likely if there were a bonus count thing it would be for 1 week like the PVE counts not constant, but on different maps...all maps for that week, then back to normal. If there were a 10x week (like LPVE), I'd say all maps all legends available...same thing, just PVP.
    • Like x 1
  13. inferno Loyal Player

It's good to see from your post and Nawanda's that the issue of the queue NOT popping even though two teams are queued was not unique. I wonder if the bigger issue of queues not activating is internal?
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You know...we were all waiting for you to show up too, with your 'just give me ...or sell me SP....even though they don't matter' post.

And there it is.

Now...please tell me to not 'pocket watch' you....in 5, 4, 3, 2....Oh, wait...nevermind it's already in there. I guess how about asking to fix 'Tunic of greed' instead?
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I brought up the lower CR PvE issues because their main complaint was basically the same as the one you made about 8v8 PvP: the queues don't pop as fast as you'd like.

As for the rest? I've been playing MMOs since 2004. Been through a lot in a few different games. But one thing I learned early on is that sometimes you just gotta suck it up, put on your big kid pants and do certain things if you want certain rewards. Mastering a crafting profession in SWG? Get ready for a crafting grind that was at times mind-numbing. Want a brand new weapon or some armor only available in a brand new PvP zone? Time to put yourself at risk and get it done. Plan on completing a feat that requires multiple runs or kills? Best plant yourself where you need to be and get to it. And so on and so forth.

MMOs are not instant gratification games. Just about all aspects of the game are designed to keep a player engaged for as long as possible. So combine that with a game that, at the time, didn't have a ton of content to it and you're going to get a LOT of feats that are grindtastic, to say the least. You see that a with a lot of the early game content, PvP included.

You want those feats? Do what you gotta do to get them. Don't want to do that? Then deal with the fact you won't get them.

And the devs have tried more than a few things for PvP, with repeated "but that's not what WE want" cries coming in response (never mind how questionable it was that those folks were really speaking for the PvP community at large). Personally I'd imagine there are only so many times you can have your hand bitten (metaphorically speaking) before you just say, "this isn't worth it" so I wasn't the least bit surprised when they more or less said, "Get to a consensus of what you want and then we can start moving forward." You and others can talk about it as much as you want, but until or unless you can all get on the same page on what exactly it is you want then all that talk isn't going to amount to much.
    • Like x 1
  16. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

I'm wondering how if I bought every feat available how it could ever impact another's game when I never run with anyone outside of family and never will. More over, why should anyone care how someones game is when they will NEVER be paired with or against them ingame?
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It wouldn't affect them at all if YOU bought the feats. However... it's safe to assume that, should it become possible to purchase the feats, you wouldn't be the only one doing so. Other people might not be quite as restrictive in who they choose to game with.
    • Like x 3
  18. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

I guess they ( DCUO ) have to weigh it at the "end of the day". Does it/Can it make them large amounts of money and will it continue to do so for years? If the answer is yes then I would think they will do it no matter what the sentiment of the forums are.
  19. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

In general I don't agree with selling PvP feats. Everytime this come up my stance is always the same, no.

I've read through the thread and my stance on 8's feats has also never changed, since the only option is to win trade, I don't care if they sell the feats, so on that at least I agree.

However, one thing I did notice is that you want style feats......why? You already admit 1s & 2s are fine to get into, so whats your problem grinding those feats?

See part of me thinks your request was reasonable looking at your responses later in the thread, you put up a good defence, but your OP undermines it. If you want 8's feats that's totally reasonable in my eyes. Anything else is you being too lazy to grind it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

So people haven’t been fostering the identical complaint of older pve instances not having q’s that pop consistently enough? That’s the exact same thing that’s being iterated here about pvp q’s