Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm getting some serious deja vu right now. Pretty sure it's been "the last time" a few times.
    • Like x 5
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Your basic problem is that you COULD HAVE made your ANGRY, BUG-EYED, bald-headed alien BRUTE at Character Creation if you had allowed yourself to see the possibilities available just from the base styles available to you when creating a character. I could make a reasonable facsimile in my SLEEP, the styles are so basic.

No, it won't be perfect, but few things ever are in this game. A great many of us have had to settle for "close enough" because that's all the game would allow. But that makes things like these possible:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And that's just the ones that are on my Imgur account, I had others hosted on other sites that got greedy & switched to a paid membership only business model.

So, in closing, this is NOT Dragon BallZ Online, it is DC UNIVERSE ONLINE, BUT there IS a way to make a reasonable facsimile of that character IF one masters ALL of the Style options available to them. GET GOOD! :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Ascended Well-Known Player

Jack, for your Johnny Quick, have you considered the future cop helmet from character creation? That *might* fit the Morrison-Quietly version you're trying to emulate a bit better?

Oh, any estimates on when the second batch of Metal-2 rewards might hit? If we get them at all anyway? Seriously hoping for a Mr. Terrific face mask in there. I NEEDZ that style! :)
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That was the original helmet I used for a long time, but I switched to Retro Tech because it has the chin guard. There's a Kryptonian Head Style I need to look into that is even closer in a way. Just need to have time to sit down and run the old Kryptonian content with characters high level enough to be able to solo it, since no one runs it anymore.
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Yeah I get I shouldn’t have spam it but we really are overdue for a alien head though a lot of people been asking not just me
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

When my laptop is acting up less I'll expand on this and post my wildstorm close-enoughs
    • Like x 2
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok. Danger's good-enough list-- not including my Stel, because that would seem petty since you already proved that one Jack. :)
    Sorry about not getting pictures to compare them to, but I gotta get to bed and if I put this off until tomorrow I'll forget about it.
    Also, Midnighter is left out of this because I can not find the photo of me standing next to an Apollo. Elijah Snow, Jack Hawksmoor, and Void are all left out because those outfits are so east to duplicate it wouldn't count. lol
    Backlash
    [IMG]

Hellstrike
    [IMG]

Spartan
    [IMG]

Winter
    [IMG]

Jeroen Thornedike
    [IMG]

Mister Majestic
    [IMG]

And just for the sake of expanding outside of Wildstorm.

Darkclaw
    [IMG]

Battle Beast
    [IMG]

Skeletor
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I'd like a revamp of the original thigh-high high-heeled boots from character creation that don't have the cliffside edge tops that you can place a cup of coffee on. Like the tops of old Raven's, Carol Ferris's, or the pink outfit girl on the lower left of the loading screen of the Monitor Womb.

And a Wall Street skirt that doesn't have the blank block underside that looks super goofy if we color the skirt in anything but black. I know we're trying to desexualize a lot of the game's style, which is fine as it matches the modern comics (and appeals more to old grandmas like me), so maybe put the shorts that Wonder Woman has under her current skirt armor thing under the revamped Wall Street?
    • Like x 2
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree. It is fine to have styles that are sexy or flashy, but it would also be nice to have some female styles that are a little more...practical. Ones that look like they went to a professional tailor for measurements and alterations, rather than just altered them in their garage.
    • Like x 1
  10. bobert0317 Active Player

Would love a Swap Thing inspired gear for the spring seasonal[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

How about some updated animal skins and moving tails for this year's spring?

Please.
    • Like x 5
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

They didn't put those in because that basic type of boot currently exists in-game in at least 3 different forms. All are basic styles available both at Character Creation and from the Basic Style Vending Machines in your HQ.

Cuffed Boots/Feet (MALE ONLY, but there IS a female version as well, I use them on my Jesse Quick character)
    [IMG]
    Clean Cuffed Boots/Feet
    [IMG]

And there's also the Trim Cuffed Boots/Feet, but I'll have to post a picture later because a Google Image Search didn't turn up anything usable.

So, the bottom line is, that basic type of boot already exists in the game in symmetrical (the same on both feet) styles that have been available forever. The whole point of the Pirate Feet was to provide an ASYMMETRICAL version with a "peg leg" for that classic pirate look! ;)
  13. Halcyon81 Level 30

the pirate boots do look a heck of a lot better in my opinion Jack
    • Like x 2
  14. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I have to agree with Halc. While you are right on all points, I do like the pirate boots more.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I'd like to see a Ombre version of the Magician hair style.
    • Like x 2
  16. Caroline Dedicated Player

It's not really a costume, but I'm unsure where else to post this... for years now, a lot of people, including myself have wanted the Brutality & Carol Ferris' hairstyles. They are amazing, please consider them! :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Ascended Well-Known Player

Oh yeah, I forget about that helmet! I don't even know where it drops from. But that would be a great choice for your Johnny!

And major props to RunsfromDanger Man for doing Battle Beast! Gods I miss Invincible! Isn't someone doing a movie or cartoon or something?
  18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

As the nameless reporter from the 1st issue of Spawn once said "A cape! Why on Earth would anyone try to bring back such a gauche and totally useless accessory?"
    So I guess what I'm trying to say is less capes and more...I don't know...something other than capes.
    • Like x 1
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

...and on another note regarding my previous post. I hate when that happens. When there are 4 or 5 lines of absent space beneath the end of the post, I mean. Is it something I am doing wrong or is it just programmed into--well, the program?
  20. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

That's why I was asking for those boots, they look awesome!
    Besides we already have one designed in game.
    It will be another item to add to whatever they have planned for the upcoming summer event.
    • Like x 1