Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. The Tornado New Player

[IMG]what about a darseid style :D this one looks awsome !!
    • Like x 1
  2. The Tornado New Player

We already have Batman who laughs, Merciless, The Drowned, The Dawnbreaker and Red Death style... But what about the murder machine ? I understand why you didnt work on a Devastator style because it's too similar too Doomsday.... but please The Murder Machine is soooooo cool guys !!! [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Can we get some male hairstyles? Males get so few hairstyles and now even just ported versions of female styles. One I personally would love is like a dreaded mohawk [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I would like to see classic batman and superman emblems make a comeback since i missed out on them during my 3 year absence.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ascended Well-Known Player

Ha! Your post made me laugh. Now I want to go watch season 3 again....

I still think season 1 was the best. I've enjoyed the show each season, it's some of the best DC product out there from any format, but the focus was so much tighter in season 1.

But at least seasons 2 and 3 treated Nightwing properly. I'd love to get that emblem in the game....
    • Like x 1
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Thank you. I agree that all of the seasons are great. You’re right, it’s good to have a proper Nightwing. Also, I want that emblem too; but only after we get Nightwing’s 80s high collar style.
  7. Ultimate Alpha Well-Known Player

I want the actual Nabu's helmet as a head style.

I also want a Robotman style (from the Doom Patrol). In fact, I want a full Doom Patrol themed episode when we have to fight a giant Animal Vegetable Mineral man. Even re-=use the dreaded Oolong Island maps, I don't care. Or, they should do a full, weird Grant Morrison Doom Patrol arc.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The Robotman Style is the Robot Skin that's been in the game forever.

[IMG]

It was based on Robotman right from the start. You just have to dress it up with the outfit you want your Robotman to have, and you have to figure out how to get the skin color to come out golden, instead of silver. This uses one of those early, very heavy-handed textures that makes it very hard to get the color to come out exactly the way you want. :(
    • Like x 1
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree we at least need a Robotman head.
    I understand the robot skin is based on Robotman but something more customizable than just a skin that is available in different shades of silver would be appreciated.
    We have robot styles for almost every body part except the head. Sure there are helmets that work, but they’re just not the same. Robotman, Engine Joe from Wildstorm, Zeta from Batman Beyond. Like the costume styles, we need enough robot styles that we can all customize and not just be the exact same skin.
    • Like x 2
  10. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

What about a skin like this that can be colored and or apply a material.
    [IMG]
  11. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Could you make the classical T-Shirt style look like the ones you gifted us for Batman's Day? Obviously I'm not talking about the specific graphics, the bats, the logos and stuff, but just the style look. Those shirts look more fitted, that's what I mean.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It's probably far too late to fix it now, but I really wish the brand-new Dark God Wings didn't stick straight out behind your character when they're standing:

[IMG]

With enough Player Characters wearing this style simultaneously, it'll make the already cramped (at times) Safe Houses and HQs even more of a pain to be in at certain times of the day.

Again, it's probably too late for it to be addressed on this style, but it's something that should be kept in mind with all future wing styles. :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Agreed. I really don't know why all the wings from this episode (and the associated TC) all stick out the back like that instead of folding up like every other set of wings we got. I'd understand if it, y'know, fixed the whole issue of wings going sideways and wonky when you're flying, but it doesn't.
    • Like x 2
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It'd be really interesting if the engine was built to swap to a battle damaged variant of a character's appearance everytime it went below (say) 20%. The engine could swap from the normal style set to the normal style set_battledamaged with some destruction on armor or tears in spandex etc. Although that would be a whole new feature that would need backend development. It would also mean extra work for styles going forward to feature the alt look when damaged. Old styles just wouldn't use the feature. It would be nice visual messaging of low health though. And it would really add visual depth and immersion but not sure there would be a business argument for the extra labor and development involved.
    • Like x 2
  15. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

I'm really curious about how many people ask for an Oracle's gear on this thread and if the devs pay attention at what we want.
    I Just want to know the utility of this thread and the others for the auras, materials, weapons, etc... if ours wishes doesn't matter.
    What's the point to have some useless topics? Maybe a survey about each future time capsule theme and what we want to see in will be a better option to please everyone but maybe I'm wrong.
  16. DR MANFATTAN! New Player

I realise this probably isn't the right place for it but seeing how there's no Dev forums for legends so I thought I'd bring it up here, I realise you've updated wonder woman costume, shazams too, (and I think supermans too but that's harder to tell) and we love that

But I tried legends shazam recently and it's still his old costume same with superman and wonder woman

Also If theres any DC character that needs a costume update it's martian manhunter, that costume should have been gottan rid of over 20 years, anywho this is what he looks like now

https://images.app.goo.gl/55csVsA4cTASaius7

https://images.app.goo.gl/eXF3878cYzVnrasY9
    • Like x 2
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The devs explained a long time ago that they can't just do a skin swap for legends characters. If they're changing the skin then they basically have to make the entire legends character again from the ground up. That's why none of the characters in the iconic instances have had their skins changed either.
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Wings that fold down when a character is not flying are a core value. Princess Diana of Themyscira says so:

[IMG]

;)
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

applying material to skin is on Megzilla's list.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

We need this style
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1