Reset everyone’s cash already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly sure the forum account status is only meant to mimic the games system for level/CR and not actually tied to it. Most players, even endgame players, aren't on the forums. So if there's a sudden surge of new accounts, it probably means something has motivated players to complain about, research and/or contribute to solving a problem more than they ever have been about any other problem before.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Forum tags aren't indicative of a players time spent playing ;) The accounts can be different and they might have just started forum posting
    • Like x 3
  3. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I know it was for a feat which I was able to grind.

4. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I was just commenting on the title itself. Obviously, some decided to make it a reality.
  5. infinitygauntlt Well-Known Player

I dont think its right to reset players money, when people like myself who buy stabilizers keys to unlock capsules and sell stuff to To make money honestly. The Devs will lose a lot of honest players if they take our money because of Some losers.
    I
  6. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

I've been on since the launch of the game and I have about a billion in-game cash and I made it by selling collections and whatever I farmed. I have bought replays to farm collections and even bought things off the broker with real cash to sell. I can tell you this the second I log in and my cash is gone it will be the last time I ever log in. We talked about today in league chat and pretty much everyone in my group agrees. We didn't do anything wrong and my money was made ever years and I didn't spend or sell much of anything when the prices went wild, mostly because the last dlc was crap and instead of getting two sets of gear for each toon I got one set and called it done. And I do like the game but we decided that we didn't do anything wrong and if we lose what we have its easier to bail from the game. And that's 24 people that always get the year long all-access pass. And we average spending between 30 and 50 dollars a month on replays and other market place crap. Mostly so we can run all my league mates through raids. As you know pugs are terrible these days. And lets be honest here they cant afford to lose a paying. So its in their court and its Disingenuous to punish the innocent when most of the ones banned are already back in the game on alt accounts
  7. Aspirit Active Player

All you players who scream do not wipe our money that we made slowly and legitimately, you don’t understand that your money is neither legit or worth. You don’t understand how the economy is bad and any money made in the future of the game worthless.

I have stopped playing personally because the money that it’s being emphasized as the most important thing by the players is the craziest thing for me.
    Economy is ruined, yet people all they care is the money. The money has become the most important thing for most players, it never was intended to be. The game itself wasn’t created to 1. for cash being the most important thing 2. have a flooded economy, in ruins, poisoned by a few despicable idiots that have spread their poison to the player base and distancing them from the real beautiful game.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I don't think they will lose a lot of players. I think people will come on here and spend maybe a week or two complaining and threatening to leave, and there will be dozens of angry posts about it, but in reality, the number of people who will actually quit is pretty small.
    Furthermore, if you're only here for the broker and in game cash system, then you should enjoy the "game" and "challenge" of working your way back up.
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

If you leave, can I have all your stuff?
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I think we should do a cash reset to like, 50K.

No more billionaires. You can resell your old, rare crap later. Problem solved.
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Flag on play, overuse of sarcastic response, five yard penalty, play resumes.
    • Like x 1
  12. not_again Dedicated Player

Option 1: Fix the exploits and leave everything else alone. No one is going to leave under this scenario. (They already left when it ran rampant for several months)

Option 2: Fix the exploits, reset cash and account bound everything that was tradeable prior to the ban day. Under this scenario you risk losing players.

Option 3: Only address cash and not tradable items, this will cause a mass exodus. This is the worst option yet the option people ask for the most.

Side Note: A decision needs to be made quickly or inventory and bank space need to be doubled soon!
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I actually think a cash-only reset would be less of a disaster; the "I spent money on stuff" people would be mollified (I did spend money on that stuff) but the "economy is a disaster" people would also approve (also in that camp).

I don't believe that resetting "to a billion" is meaningful though. For it not to be the same crapshow again in a week?

Like I said. 50K.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think you have 1 and 3 reversed. Option 1 is terrible as if the people who already have multi-billions from glitching are left in, it puts everyone who did not take advantage of the situation at a severe disadvantage...it also is rewarding the cheaters by saying it doesn't matter what they do...they can get away with it.

Option 2 - is probably the worst scenario. You punish the good and bad equally by flattening the cash, but now the good have no way to right themselves and get those things they could otherwise trade for by selling whatever hard goods they held on to, assuming they did not dump everything they had in pursuit of the quick billions over the last month or 2.

Option 3 - Is the least terrible. Even people who have a decent amount of legit money (like 500mil to 1 bil) are already 'broke' in todays economy. I think rolling back cash will hurt, but leaving things tradable allows for those who are hording to be able to distribute the items they have...yeah, the cheats will be able to get back on top faster this way, but it does open it up for things to be distributed.

None of the options are good....let's face it. And most honest players will get screwed by all of them....which one leaves them in a better position to right things afterwards? 1 - being at a 1000-1 cash deficit? 2- being equal in cash but having no way to get the items they are missing today without buying 1000's of past TCs? or 3 - Being equal in cash and having the option...however remote...of getting the things they are missing by dealing in game?

Personally I'd rather be broke again, and have some stores and the skill to claw my way back up.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You know of course, at 1 billion or 50K, it won't matter. The people who were the worst offenders are probably prepped for that scenario with multiple accounts with 16 toons each and will probably start up with 100x what you or I have. I hate to say it, but 0 is the only number that is equal across the board...and that assumes cash is purged from mail, deleted toons, sellable items (vendor sellable...not broker). I personally would not want to see 0, but it's really the only number that you can't end run around by prepping first.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  16. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Some of you write freaking novels. Many of us first year player's just don't use the forums. Bottom line is a money wipe isn't fair to the 99% of players who earned their money legitimately. The right thing to do is fix the glitch and can the folks who used it.
  17. Solarbound Committed Player

Sure, wipe everyone's cash so you can put your game at risk towards losing even more of your population:rolleyes:
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I could do 0.
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

if you were going to leave, you would have left already.

and even then you might still be back.

Sincerely,

- Left because of a "no fly" decision, still came back two years later.
  20. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

whatever they are going to do really needs to happen soon here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.