Tsunami! The Water Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Berza Committed Player

Also omnipotence items boosts you stats. Check your might, and compare your results with the 42k I told you, then do a percentage difference, then add that percentage to your damage to see what you get. Remember, not buffed might. And keep in mind that you can be seeing videos where people uses sodas or other consumables that boost might
  2. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

500k ... is too much for one SC.

Link to the vid?
  3. AquamantheKing Level 30

I'll give your loadout a try. I don't get why you use flood of power with bubble if it won't stack. You simply cancel out the shields you just put up. With my loadout I don't have problems keeping my power up without a troll, even in elite. So if the troll goes down I can still heal without then. Starheart is one of my go to healer artifacts if I know my tank and troll are using their respective og artifacts and we boost up our groups health stat so they can take more hits. If my support roles don't have it I use manacles. Tsunami strikes is insanely useful to me, it heals stronger than a regular priority heal and does do faster and it does damage and procs the demons fang. And riptiding tempest guard seems useless to me since tempest guard will go down from a snowflake falling on it. If I use riptide and tempest guard again I'm just spending more power for another snowflake of damage. But I'll give your load out a try and get back to you. :) But those were my reasons for not using those powers.
  4. Turtle Owner New Player

u use flood of power if u run out of tempest guard or alot of group members get hit for multiple tsunamis. Right now i just use pheromon Bloom to boost SC for my group with EoG
    Tempest Guard is a Damage Reduction not exactly a shield
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Tempest Guard is closer to a shield than anything else. It’s classified as a shield so any abilities that impact cooldowns will apply to Tempest. It follows the base shield multiplier formula just as any other shield would, which means it breaks once a set value has been reached.
  6. Pepito19 New Player

I have a water healer and I love it, but they should do something with the progressive because it does not heal the players if they are far from me, the celestial progressive covers the whole instance, why doesn't the water?

7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Celestial is the only max range healer as its powers are based off the maximum render distance. Electric, Nature, Sorcery and Water will never match Celestial's range
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Water abilitys have the same range as Celestial. The only exception is Solace of the sea of course. Shields and heals still apply while not being able to see the Name tag anymore.
    • Like x 1
  9. Careless Active Player

How good is water precision dps?
  10. L T Devoted Player

Probably not great with the change to the venom wrist dispenser. You can still use pressurize with riptide to keep the artifact buff up constantly. But water has no Dot abilities to speak of except for drown (which is weak, but builds supercharge) and maybe bubble (which is also a shield but it's every 18 seconds).
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

This is where miscommunication happens. Which one is accurate.
  12. L T Devoted Player

During the revamp most healing abilities were supposed to be updated to match Celestial's line-of-sight distance. Most or all of the priority and 4-person heals should be in that category now.
  13. AquamantheKing Level 30

I've had no trouble healing from a distance with Water, as long as its not Solace of the Sea or if there aren't any obstructions between the group member and myself when I pop the healing love.
  14. HolidayKiller New Player

So I recently switched to water to play around with water healing and had some questions.

The loadout I'm currently using is bubble tempest guard riptide soothing mending and sos. Is this the go to loadout for most of you guys? My goal is to he able to solo heal high end content. I don't currently have my orb leveled up if that changes how I should play for the time being? Basically I hit bubble then riptide to refresh bubble. Drop sos then tempest if need be and my priority and 3 man as needed. However I see alot of people use riptide to double stack sos instead of refreshing bubble. So what's the general consensus on the better option or what should be used in which situations? I also see alot of people using flood of power. So what are they removing from their loadout in order to incorporate that?

Also a few other questions. So for one if I'm in a raid and hit bubble the shield 4 people but then immediately riptide and bubble again does that guarantee all 8 people now have bubble? Or is is still random and might just override on someone who already had it?

I'm used to playing celestial healer where I had two "oh crap" heals I could use in divine light and the channeled one which I forget the name of atm. But both of these were 8 man heals that I could use in emergency situations where the whole raid was taking large damage. However I don't really see that in water. I believe blessing of the depths is an 8 man but everyone says it's a very weak heal and not worth a slot. So what is waters play in those oh crap moments where the whole raid needs healed fast? With celestial I would use divine light then go to admonish combined to blight to get a 4 man burst and 8 man hot then consume soul to get another burst and hot and usually everyone was good. But with water all I can see to do is tempest guard, which seems weak, bubble half the raid then spam my 3 man heal and hope sos can heal everyone up with my 3 man heal. But this seems like it won't work well in emergency situations. My other idea was use riptide to double sos but I'm not sure if the double sos hots are strong enough to be viable in emergency and that's also not always available if i had just used riptide to refresh bubble it something. So not really on demand. So any tips there would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  15. L T Devoted Player

I think Bubble always goes to you and the 3 people in the group with the lowest health.

Tempest Guard is not weak.

I use the Orb artifact on my water healer (I know you don't have it leveled, and leveling artifacts is extremely painful) and the Flood of Power supercharge. That becomes my "oh no" move, cause I can get another big healing circle out, refresh everyone's shields, and spam my buffed priority heal with no power cost.
  16. HolidayKiller New Player

So what are u replacing to fit in the supercharge?
  17. L T Devoted Player

for most content my load out is

solace of the sea - soothing mist - tsunami strikes - bubble - tempest - flood of power

For content with 2 tanks, or in instances where the team gets too spread out, I replace tsunami strikes with mending wave.

Those two variants work for anything except the second boss fight of False Idols. In that fight everyone is spread out, and you don't want to be running into the middle to put solace on the tank.
  18. HolidayKiller New Player

So you don't use riptide at all? It seems way to good to pass up.
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Well statistically tempest guard is by far the weakest out of all the healer powerset shields, and is also the weakest except for shatter restraints out of the tank shields, his description of tempest guard is accurate. It's not going to save you from any skull attack or large dot it's basically there just to mitigate damage if you aren't running solace for a hot.

Most water healers I know, myself included will never recommend tsunami strikes to any player. You are needlessly locking yourself in animation, hindering your movement for a tradeoff that isn't necessary. There's no hightide rotation, the lowest health group member which the majority of the time won't need multiple small single heals in a row but rather the large burst heals from the priority heal because if the tank needs heals that means whatever is hitting him is already going through their own mitigation. Also without running the priority you won't get to take advantage of the 6 elite affinity proc and its power reduction.
    • Like x 1
  20. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Another thing, if you are running something like scrap/gemini and demon fang and don’t have the orb-don’t really bother because a lot of people who run pugs especially with everyone taking damage (not just the tank) it’s really annoying since you’ll be tempted to click on priority back-to-back at 3x power cost.
    Orb is good but imo it’s situational, depending on your tanks/group and instances in general you might wanna clip priority/3man together to keep everyone topped off. If you like supercharge, another reason to drop the orb is the fact that whenever you use your priority for 3x power you get the same amount of supercharge back as you would using regular priority once without the artifact. Regular priority cost 250-supercharge gained 46 or something like that. Priority with orb for 750 power-46 supercharge gained back. I’m not saying it’s better but you do have some oprions. As far as running high tide or tsunami strikes-forget it because it’s garbo and rarely useful.