Why do you guys support this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KodyDerp, Jul 4, 2019.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

The majority wont want it but itll be a growing pain the community will have to get over. This is just bigger then "i wanna feel powerful "i wanna steamroll bosses" II wanna run through this fast". This is about the health of a game for the overall. Some endgame players think their opinion should lord over the process to getting to endgame. That players should spend years gearing up their characters to reach endgame "because thats what i did" spend years grinding out feats because "I grinded them out so why should you have it any easier?"

They talk high and mightily about how hard they worked to get where they are, but when you mention stat syncing, nobody is for it despite it putting some of that difficulty back in the game. If you say offer a few rewards for doing it synced nobody is for it. Why? People say they feel like they HAVE to do it for the extra rewards even though the extra marks or whatever would be an incentive to run it SYNCED not a requirement. Players here saying that purchasing feats is a bad thing when the numbers are getting quite high. While at the same time, wanting feats to have the ability to sway content difficulty under a certain amount, wanting players to go through years of content to beat old outdated content to move to the next tier to be hampered by the lack of SP until they spend years there to move up again..

If this game is going to improve quality, a few people are going to have to have their egos shattered, might lose a few wales but gain alot more players interested in what the game offers.

What we have is a problem with a solution nobody wants while we complain about the problem being there.

The stat revamp was BEGGED for years! We finally got it, NONSTOP COMPLAINTS!

Weapons Pass, got it NONSTOP COMPLAINTS

Power Rebalancing, NONSTOP COMPLAINTS

PVP adjustment NONSTOP COMPLAINTS

What more can the devs do except ignore feedback and milk some suckers for all they've got, since trying to fix stuff have gotten players to do nothing but rage-quit after the very changes they've asked for
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Umm...we're actually still waiting for that proposed weapons pass...it hasn't actually happened yet. o_O
    • Like x 1
  3. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Hi lordexecution365, Chilly was pretty spot on. Majority of the threads that consist of players asking for things such as HT to be allowed in PvP instances are threads written by casual PvPers or written by a minority of PvPers in general who simply enjoy playing arenas differently than the majority of the PvP community, which is fine but certainly not ideal in competitive arenas. However, arenas are meant to be skill based and competitive, so the majority consensus is that anything that allows an unnecessary advantage to win, should not be allowed. If Mepps was to have a poll at that time asking players if they preferred HT to be enabled or disabled in arenas, I'm 99.9% sure a majority would have voted disabled. Most of the players (those ones who you say come with pitchforks) who are against things such as HT being allowed in arenas are players who are well-invested into PvP and it's balance. Take a look at this thread here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/what-do-you-want-for-pvp-season-4.249975/

Now, getting back to the statement you previously made..

Opinions are all over the place yes, but that's true for anything. There will always be someone who doesn't agree and someone who does, and then there will be someone who just doesn't care. Like previously stated, the goal should be to please the majority.

You should provide sources on these statements and prove them to be true, it makes for a better debate, I'd like to know exactly what detrimental changes were implemented that a majority "at the time" called for. Regarding most of the threads being balance complaints, there have been numerous times where PvP was considered unplayable (like now) because of imbalanced damage values, mechanics, gimmicks etc., why wouldn't you complain if you're paying for a game that does not work properly?

Also, not every change requested was regarding balance, some changes requested were regarding QoL tweaks that could have been implemented with hot fixes that would have made for a better PvP experience overall, developers refused to honor these requests - which ultimately WAS their decision, but in doing so they have put PvP in an even worse position over time and also have killed off a large portion of their once loyal player base.

Not necessarily true. Certain changes gave unskilled players enough of an advantage to consistently win fights with little to no effort. These are the very changes we fought to reverse. Home turf, advanced mechanics, broken crowd control, movement debuffs (even though I enjoyed using movement debuffs in open world, we're talking about arena balance), broken healing/tanking etc. the list can go on forever.

Like I said earlier, you haven't been paying close enough attention to the efforts made by various members of the pvp community, so it's easy to make false statements on something you aren't well-informed about.

Take a look at this thread as well https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/game-update-50-pvp-season-5.254645/
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Oh I paid attention, you can be sure of that.

However, the last thread I happened to notice somethings that were being requested of from just the 1st page.

Remove AM and WM from PvP.

Has it changed since WM and AM is much different now?

The rest for what I can tell is basically a common call for the return of role buffs.

I get that we would want to speak of a hardcore PvP'er, however those who are casual do run PvP and we all know by now that the majority of the players who play this game is who this game is catered to.

My opinion does not matter on the subject because if I were wrong then PvP would not be in the shape it is in.

Because they removed HT items, AM is gone basically, WM no longer does what it used to do, and hardly anybody wants to spend anytime running PvP except the hardcore PvP'ers.

I agree with the other parts, role debuffs, need to be turned back on, gear need to revert back to being what it was, the only difference is the HT being an advantage...

If I put in work to earn my gear through content like, Fight for the Light, and earned higher rated gear, then I should not be equal or the same to someone else who haven't even played PvP, though it shouldn't be a massive difference between the two, just not as close as it is now.

I know it will sound like skill is the difference or whatnot, but having it the way gear is right now really does not help in the longevity of grinding to get better or to actually run PvP, it actually has the opposite effect and ensures that people will run it less.

By the way, thank you.

Edit: I forgot to qualify one of my statements.

The utility belt would need to be disabled in PvP inorder to not be apart of the pay to win scenario, yet not 1 of those post mention it, most just felt that having HT in it was the pay to win only which is definitely a double standard. What about the shield weapons or feats only acquired through purchased content. See most of those things are left out when speaking of pay to win, when it is something that we already have Vs something that we may not like or want to do.
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

well, i think of dc like a hole ive been digging for almost a decade now, & i dont think theres a ladder long enough to get me out, im in so deep. so i guess i figure i might as well just keep playing, sooner or later it'll cave in a bit & i can climb out before the hole named dc closes up completely
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

They removed the new discussion tab for new players they made for when the switch dropped... this could mean that this port didn’t bring in the numbers they thought it would, im no dev so don’t quote me on that..

But major league upset if we went the whole summer without anything good for a port thats gonna b a ghost zone like xbox bc the in ability to crossplay
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I wouldn't have said anything in this thread at all if I were to be complaining.

Especially if I can't even complain with out sounding like I have no clue as to how anything works in the game.

I mean, let's get real, if I spend my hard own money I'd expect some type of treatment from the Dev's that reflects my investment into the game whether it is $5 (premium) or whatever the cost I choose to pay to subscribe.

The title obviously will invite those who cannot answer the question which is "Why do you guys,... (key word here) SUPPORT...the game? ", and will get those to only chime in with something meant to derail or discourage others is inedible to garner such a winning response, such as this one because it is an open forum and everyone is welcomed to post their awesome opinion.

Loot boxes have only the sharks to thank for the success and them feats or they would have been gone.

Loyalty for DB is for the business and is probably considered none of our business, if we don't like it we are free to complain or not play the game.

The game will be here if we leave or stay, no matter how hard we want to throw shade and hate towards it.

Just to not be so condescending in my response, I will leave this as to not attack directly.

I support this game because after playing for years I grew to find it difficult to walk away from my time spent playing the game, no matter how I may find it, whether on the forums or if I decide to login and actually run a quick solo and check out what others are saying in the game.
  9. Dianatique Well-Known Player

The game could do a lot better if Daybreak could remove their thumbs out of their ozone layers, but i'm enjoying it cause I'm enjoying it, do I support it tho? Not really, they can have my money, but not my soul.
  10. Phoenixfyre New Player

Because it's really fun, decorating my lair is compelling, and the switch community is so far very nice.
    • Like x 2
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Good to hear - just have fun.. wish some of us "old timers" (long time players) remembered this.. lol

I know that people being around a long time and being very passionate seems bad but, i hope for new people it translates as mostly a love for the game lol

(and Welcome!)
  12. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I honestly dont know anymore lol. Some days i love it. Other days i barely feel like logging in. I do like the game. There's a lot to like. But as ive been here for a long time ive seen there's also alot not to love especially as of late with the heavy monetization push. Im aware its a business. But where is that line drawn? We'll see i guess. Either way. Love the game. But i probably play now mostly because of all the time and money spent on my toons. The sunk cost fallacy. It's real.
    • Like x 1
  13. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

So I am going to try to answer the OP questions:

I am not a new player. I have played since launch, waited out the Sony Hack, and continued to play. Took a break to move across country and start a new job, but then started playing again.

I don't feel like I have spent a bunch of money on the game.

I do love the game, but I think I would have done things differently. ( I would never have started F2P, I would do one massive dlc per year - think all Amazon Fury 3 at once - instead of 2 or 3 small ones, don't know if I would still support PS3)

I do hope it gets better, but I can look at the past to see a trend

I am not good enough to have a gaming ego

I love comics, I like games. This combined both.
    • Like x 2