Why do you guys support this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KodyDerp, Jul 4, 2019.

1. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

It's a genuine question, looking for genuine answers. I truly want to know your reasons for supporting the game at this time. It's clear to others as well as myself that there are a lot of "outdated" aspects of the game and that there is not much to enjoy in the game itself.

For example, the lackluster graphics, the in-game music, the lack of cinematic appeal, rehashed content, the obvious money-grabs, absence of in-game moderation and most importantly, the fact that PvP hasn't been thoroughly considered for evaluation since Dev Dirt (We miss you buddy). Although this game has had some major rehauls in the past, those rehauls just weren't enough.

In my opinion, the core playerbase should have more pull in what stays, what goes, and what changes in the game. Polling should be allowed on this forum by the playerbase in attempt to fight unwanted changes. Developers should also utilize polling more before Game Updates hit the Test Server.

I know that the developer team has worked long and hard to provide enjoyable content for the player base, but is that content truly enjoyable or lasting?

So tell me, why do you support this game? Knowing DCUO shut down is inevitable, knowing your money is intentionally being sucked until that point, knowing your fellow legends of the DC Universe that enjoy a certain area of the game (PvP) have been pushed away from the game, cutting the player base by a substantial amount, anyone with common sense is aware of this - so why do you support it?

Are you a new player that is just so utterly impressed with the game?
    Is it because you've spent so much time and money on the game that you cannot bring yourself to stop?
    Do you simply love the game and everything it's become?
    Do you support hoping for change in the future?
    Are you focused on getting known and being one of the greatest DCUO Legends of all time so that no matter the state of the game, you play it anyway because of your gaming-ego?

My theory is, their business plan is to constantly devise ways to take your money until they can't anymore, shut the game down and either move on or announce plans for DCUO 2. That is the only thing that makes sense to me because I can't bring myself to understand why a company would do this to such a loyal player base. It's comparable to those who believe in religion until catastrophe happens. "Why would God starve an entire village?"

To be honest, I would hope that theory is true. Because with DCUO 2, maybe character progress could be transferred in some way or they'll have a few veteran bonuses. If you really think about it, EVERY aspect of the game's current state would be improved if given a fresh start with more up to date resources and a more playerbase committed staff. I truly hope that all of the money that has been spent supporting this game by legends around the globe will be put to good use.

*Remember this when replying - Major change comes when the money has dwindled.
    • Like x 6
  2. AV Loyal Player

It would have to be in-game polling. Polling the forums would be worst than useless, as we represent a small fraction of the playerbase and don't even represent a cross-section of the overall demographics/interests.

The lack of in-house testing and reliance on the test server is also problematic.
    • Like x 7
  3. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I definitely agree, in-game polling should also be utilized. The only reason I specified forum pulling is because it's against their rules (which I believe they should consider changing for the sake of the game)
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

I support the game because it earned it. It's a good game. Graphics are fine. They keep pushing beyond limits when they

1) Updated and continue to update NPC's
    2) Made Atlantis open world. The map is just breathtaking.
    3) New Skins & Hairstyles

Also, they are about to launch on Switch, I doubt a game that is going to shout down anytime soon will launch on another platform. I honestly don't get the whole "Oh the game is dying" cliche. The game is not dying. It's doing fine. It could do better, but It's not dying.

The game has unique gameplay, which is the main reason I attract to the game. Amazing character customization, so much options, new styles all the times. Recently the new "Accessories" as well.

Are you a new player that is just so utterly impressed with the game? I've been playing since 2016, and before the big revamp. No, I am not new to the game.

Is it because you've spent so much time and money on the game that you cannot bring yourself to stop? Maybe,but because the game is fun and worth continue playing.
    Do you simply love the game and everything it's become? Yes.

Do you support hoping for change in the future? I always hope for changes, and a lot of changes I hoped for was made.

Are you focused on getting known and being one of the greatest DCUO Legends of all time so that no matter the state of the game, you play it anyway because of your gaming-ego? I don't care about this, I do make videos, but I mostly do them for fun (Base videos mostly)and I work on the Gotham Gazette. Because I do it for the community. Some people look for information, and they come to the gazette or any site for this matter to gain some info. I am not the best player out there, but I know enough to give knowledge to other players.
    Sometimes I lose patience with the game, but this still remains my favorite game, because the game was the only thing I held onto when I was really depressed. So it has a whole different meaning for me beside being "Greatest Legend". Which I don't care about.

DCUO earned my support, even sometimes I feel like giving up, it reminds me why I love the game and why I keep coming back. Honestly, I don't know how many years the game have left, but I will play till it shuts down. And I believe it won't be anytime soon. Daybreak known for keeping games going for long (A.K.A Everquest) and I do not want a DCUO 2, thank you very much. I find the graphics fine as they are.

Just my honest opinion. I might be positive or over-positive. But It's totally fine. It's not all black and white. :)
    • Like x 13
  5. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Well, if I can get that pop up every single time I go onto a safe house/police station or the watchtower/hod I'm sure they could do an in game query/poll. But back to the op topic, I'll support the game as long as I can play it. I have felt the monetary sting of losing online games and know it is inevitable but would still like to keep it going as long as possible. We can't take any of it with us once it does go but I will have the memories, pics and friendships made to work into whatever would follow. Be it DC related or not.
    • Like x 6
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Subbed for a month and within 1 week I remembered why I stopped playing. Lack of innovation, dated graphics and art style, lack of QoL, PvP abandonment, rampant reuse of assets, Time Capsules and their drop rates. I could go on but you get the idea. For me to come back permanently they need to go outside their comfort zone and invigorate the game.
    • Like x 4
  7. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Love this answer. You genuinely love the game and will support it through thick and thin and it makes me happy to know that there are players who actually enjoy the game to interact with the community, and you're absolutely right - it's best to enjoy it while it's here if you can.
    • Like x 2
  8. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

While typing this thread, I assumed that there would be an abundance of players who feel the same way that you do. That being said, you are the players who are keeping this game alive. So no, as long as there is a majority of players with this "overly positive" mindset, who will keep dishing out money on capsules etc. and support every move (even if it's not the best decision) the developer team makes - this game of course will not go anywhere.

As for the updated npc models, what good are they if they can't fully remodel the game along with the NPCs? Even player character models, when will there be an update for this? Character sizes and body types?

You've been playing since 2016, I consider you a new player, and that's fine, but you're not experienced in how things were before 2016, which impacts your optimism.

I am not typically one to care for cosmetics so new hairstyles is not something that would drive me to pay or play a game. I am more for game fluidity, cinematic and intense boss fights, active staff, and a fully functional game (especially if I'm paying to play it). This game is not fully functional - I feel like with all the money the company has earned and continues to earn from it's player base, there are certain things that should be updated with no excuses.
    • Like x 7
  9. Eve YouTuber

It's totally fine, we see things differently. I understand wanting new characters models etc, it might still happen- who knows?
    If they can remodel NPC's why not our characters? Never saw any dev saying anything about it. They brought SM back too,
    Which was requested by a lot of players. So my perspective, they do listen - just takes time to make things happen. And I guess
    resources. I don't spend on everything tbh, I only get the styles I want to get and the majority of my feats are from styles you can earn
    from the vendors, raids- basically content etc. I don't chase the feats in the time capsules, It's pointless and expensive.
    I have a lot of time capsules stuff- but that's because I wanted the items. I do things they need to remove progress=feats
    from time capsules. Purely cosmetics. Then I would even care less about RNG lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

see it's actually the graphics that keep me here in the first place, 8 man group content with 7 different opportunities for the run to go south just doesn't interest me and it actively grinds on my patience given the fact that our "player base" is left to their own devices as far as how much they "learn" is concerned. graphics and base/outfit design are EXACTLY what keeps me here, it's hard to find styles as intricate and detailed as say..... biomech feet in other MMO's which is obvious if anybodies' ever been in WoW (which is a REALLY nice game gameplay wise otherwise, but their styles/style system sucks majorly) or similar games. my only regret is that we don't have more epic well plotted and detailed solo expansions/storylines instead of each DLC having to have two raids and one to two alerts.
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Wait DCUO shutting down is inevitable, do you mean like death is inevitable?

I always laugh at graphics complaints when there's plenty of dated looking games out there that are incredibly popular.

The graphics in DCUO aren't absolutely terrible I've seen far worse so it easily just comes down to, do i enjoy playing the game.

If i do then i play it and graphics is only a small consideration factor for me.

If i feel like playing DCUO, then i log in, if I don't, then i don't.

Of course there are things that can be improved there always will be it will never be perfect.

But in general most days i feel like playing a bit and thus pay because it's a good deal for the entertainment i recieve from it.

Edit, i don't buy capsules btw, i just sub.
    • Like x 9
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i play this game for the same reason i bought the avengers game on sega...i like supers
    then i played batman games on playstation...i like supers
    then i played batman and xmen and a whole marvel cast on PS2...i like supers
    i played city of heroes beta forward and was one of the "protesters" who hung out in the game protesting its being shut down even as we played it...then i heard dc and sony were teaming up to create the ultimate supergame...here i am...
    • Like x 3
  13. AV Loyal Player

The graphics actually look pretty fantastic on PC with the resolution turn up and at a higher FPS. most games with this semirealistic aesthetic look dramatically different depending on settings.
    • Like x 1
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Welcome to Earth, our strength is our diversity. Your taste in videogames isn't universal. I hate pickles, some people like pickles so much they drink pickle juice.....

I don't understand it, but I'm glad the pickle lovers are enjoying their lives while I enjoy mine.
    • Like x 6
  15. the solowing Unwavering Player

I just puckered up from the thought:confused:. Anyway im a jaded old fart from 2011 that still hangs around like spoiled milk, i tend to stick to things as long as something doesn't fundamentally change for myself. I quite enjoyed logging in for the world pvp which kept me hooked, of course balance wasnt perfect, but youll never be able to achieve perfect balance. But then the changes started rolling in.. Dual Wield spam, lead into balance changes for weapons, lead into role debuffs, blocking window changes, weapons mastery, funneling players into PVE, from there PvP turned into the most enjoyable aspect of the game for years, into my most despised aspect of game.

But ive never had a game spark my creativity like DCUO and thats more then enough to keep a ear to the ground here for any changes
    • Like x 2
  16. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

-_- ….wow.... -_-
    • Like x 1
  17. inferno Loyal Player

It's D C.
    It still entertains me daily; whether for 20 minutes in a day or 3 hours a day.
    • Like x 3
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  19. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Dc has always had a place in my heart for years (guess that's why I always come back) ever since way back in 2011 (or 12) when my ps3s bd drive broke and needed a non disk based game to play. The game pulls people in for the simple fact for one it's dc comics..superman batman joker ect and for 2 since the beginning they have done a excellent job (even if it does take money) in making you feel overpowerd ie like a superhero/villain. The gear/items given to you as a player far exceeds the difficulty of the content giving you as the player a nice feeling of accomplishment, it sells.
    • Like x 2
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

,,,what do you mean, 'you people'? ;)
    • Like x 6
  21. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

For YOU.

I support this game, because I enjoy a lot of it.
    • Like x 6