Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

LOL, she is nowhere to be found in the teaser nor the crappy poster but she is listed as part of the cast so hopefully she gets less to do this time around...unless they have her biting someone again :rolleyes:
    [IMG]
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

An interesting trailer to say the least, though the title could have been better. Not trying to be a Debbie downer but because of the last movie, I'm skeptical. Sure they're going full on DARK EMPIRE ;) by bringing Sidious back but I'm just afraid....then again...
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Perhap overshadowed by the teaser of RISE OF SKYWALKER, EA revealed the trailer for their next Star Wars Game, FALLEN ORDER
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Doubt that that is the official title, for one thing, it would prove that Little Miss Mary Sue really is Luke's daughter
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Not really overshadowed, just, EA is a boy who cried wolf, singleplayer, no micro-transactions? People, including me, can't help the suspicion around it. Maybe they're going the MACRO-transaction route? You know, a measly 14-15 hour gameplay and the rest are DLCs.
  6. E Clip Dedicated Player

Between the movie and the game, I'm more excited for the game lol. I've been waiting to play as a Jedi in a single player game since the Jedi Knight and Force Unleashed series. Not too happy about the no multiplayer announcement though, having small maps for skirmish mode where people can fight against each other like in the Jedi Knight series might be cool.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think it'd be better to say they may be going that route. It's one teaser, and we've got about three-quarters of a year to go before the movie itself comes out. There will be more trailers, more teasers and more interviews. The only thing to be gained from trying to guess everything at this point is unrealistic expectations, which I think has been the biggest bane for any Star Wars film. Too many judge the films by what they think it should be, not for what it is.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, it's not like there are others out there with a tie to the Skywalker bloodline. You know, like a whiny little emo dude who's obsessed with finishing what his grandfather started or anything. :D

And of course, that's if we're to take the title as being literal.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm with Arwen on the skepticism. With as strong as companies like EA are trying to lean into the "games as live services" bit instead of just putting out a standalone game, it's tough to think they're just going to release a game and leave it at that. And unfortunately asking for things like multiplayer modes can feed into EA continuing down the "live services" route.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Honestly, completely forgot about his connection :(
  11. E Clip Dedicated Player

Multiplayer isnt a bad thing if done right. I understand the skepticism given EA's track record as of late, but for me its not a question of either or, single or multiplayer, I think having a single player game with a few PvP maps is a good thing.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Personally it sounds like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole at best and a waste of resources at worst. If your goal is to make the best possible single-player experience in the game, spending time, energy and money on any sort of PvP stuff could and would be looked at as misspent or misused resources. It'd be especially true if the single-player aspect of the game (the main focus) suffered as a result.
  13. E Clip Dedicated Player

Perhaps you're not old enough to have played 90's and 00's games (not trying to insult btw). Pretty much all games with a focus on single player had some form of multiplayer. Heck some of those games are still popular today, especially the multiplayer part of it like Counter Strike, Unreal, Doom etc. Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast is the type of PvP I had in mind,, having a few maps for players to duke it out if they wanted to. Give them the tools to create their own maps and mods and you dont have to spend a dime on any development, people will do it for free. Its just that nowadays companies make multiplayer with the intention to heavily monetize it or push for it to become an esport and I think you're blinded by that. It doesnt have to be that way, that's all Im saying. Single and multiplayer can coexist like they did in the past, it doesnt have to be eather or.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For what it's worth, I've been gaming since the days of the Atari 2600 and ColecoVision, so thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt and thinking I might be that young! :D

I will admit that the at-times rampant monetization of games recently is factoring into my thinking a bit. But then I think about recent games like Breath of the Wild, the latest God of War and the PS4 Spider-Man games that were single-player games that all pretty much knocked it out of the park without having any PvP or multiplayer elements to them (that I know of on GoW and Spidey, I don't have a PS4 LOL). And there's a long and storied history of other solid single-player games standing behind those three games.

I just think that if they say they're going to do a single-player game, that's what they should concentrate their efforts on and do their level best to knock it out of the park.
  15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Respawn has a good reputation so I have hope. But I think it's going to be like The Witcher or Skyrim except Star Wars
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I have this weird theory that Rey is a descendant of Palpatine? And I really do hope they explain why Rey is so good at her Jedi skills.
  17. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  18. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Of course it's the official title, they wouldn't show the first trailer with a fake title. There was a recent report on Facebook about an interview with JJ Abrams and he said that it could mean many different things. My personal feeling is that Rey is either going to be Luke's daughter for real, or she is going to take on the Skywalker family name for herself. Kylo Ren is also really Ben Solo, and a confirmed member of the Skywalker family, so it could point to his redemption. Others are speculating that maybe the family name becomes a new way of referring to force users. That kind of fits in with my theory of Rey taking on the family name too. We shall see.
  19. E Clip Dedicated Player

I think the title is more connected to Luke (or perhaps Palpatine?) rather than Kylo or Rey. Im not excluding those two options but Kylo is a Solo (sure he is a Skywalker from his mother's side but still) and to make Rey a Skywalker after Ep.8 would be a hard sell imo. JJ set her up perfectly in Ep7, but Rian made it impossible for her to be a Skywalker. Im not referring to what Kylo told her about her parents, but its going to be a hard sell considering she has met all the Skywalkers and Solos without anyone giving the slightest hint that they have lost a child at some point in the past. Can they write it? Sure, but I don't think I will buy it.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Like said, had forgotten about Emo Solo

Highly doubt anyone would start using the name 'Skywalker' to refer to Force Users: not that many even knew about Luke, and as far as Leia is concerned, her father died on Alderaan