Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

True, the pushback on that post was rather encouraging.
    • Like x 1
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

In other STAR WARS news, it seems a game developer in his spare time is doing a DARK FORCES REMAKE as a passion project :eek: and it looks fantastic. Only if EA put such passion into their Star Wars games :oops:
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Battlefront II is really good now though. EA does consistent updates with maps, characters, game modes, etc. Plus, the graphics in the game is one of the best (if not THE best) in the industry right now.

Only problem is that they need to nerf Anakin :mad:
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To me the big problem is that EA has done so little while having the exclusive license. I suppose you could count the ongoing work on SWTOR, but in all the time they've had the exclusive license they've only released three games, SWTOR included.

Not all of the games put out by LucasArts in tandem with other publishers were top-of-the-line or award winners, but at least they were putting SOMETHING out there, including the original Battlefront.
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

That's true. EA has under-performed so far.

However, I'm so excited for Jedi Fallen Order, which should release later this year. That could be a real gem.

Yeah LucasArts made some really great games. Jedi Knight Academy, Battlefront (both), Republic Commando, Forced Unleashed (both), all are classics.
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This has two good discussions, the first half is about Mark Hamill's latest comments.

The Luke winking at 3po part was something that always bothered me. Luke was a force projection could a droid actually see him? Which I can guess is what Rian may have originally thought as well when writing the scene.

The season finale was good but I didn't like the very last minute, there was something empty about it.

8. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I'm going to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Mark Hamill's recent actions. In the past, he's gone against Rian's take on Luke. And recently, this happened: https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1104466575434821632

I understand he didn't like Luke in TLJ, but is he trying to make the fanbase even more toxic? Why is he stirring up the fans with this?
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Promo poster of IX:

[IMG]

Keep in mind, this isn't official. Disney didn't release it. It is leaked. Personally, I think it's fan-made.

Keri Russel is believed to be a bounty hunter (who is believed to be the character in purple)
    While Naomi Ackie is on the far upper right.

Not sure what's going on with C3PO...
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Threepio holding Chewe's bowcaster proves that it is a fan-made cover, probably has some true elements (like the purple femme-Fett), butt the majority of, totally not-legit
    • Like x 1
  12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

My thoughts exactly.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Let a whole new wave of speculation begin. :D

14. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Was that Palpatine at the end Laughing??
    Goosebumps
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The anticipation is... Palp-able :p
    • Like x 3
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Still need Anakin*
  17. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Holy, ... that's Palpatine's laugh. ** “to seem to be something when heard, sounds like Palpatine. Could be wrong... but still
  18. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

That is Palpatine. I watched the live stream of the panel and after the trailer was shown, Ian McDiarmid (actor who played him ever since ROTJ) came out and said in his Palpatine voice to play the trailer again. JJ Abrams later confirmed Palps is coming back as well.

Honestly, I'm super excited for this movie. The title is great too. Hopefully it will set the fanbase straight.

Also, Kelly Marie Tran got 2 standing ovations at SW Celebration. That was good to see. Can't wait to see Ahmed Best too at the Phantom Menace 20 year Anniversary panel.
    • Like x 2
  19. hazard099 Active Player

this is a star wars for a new generation,too bad the had to crap on the old one,may rose tico live forever
    • Like x 2
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Give them time, I'm sure some of them will find something to get their noses bent out of shape over. After all, we've got at least six months of added hype and unrealistic expectations to have built up, along with more trailers or teaser info to get thrown in during that time frame. :D
    • Like x 1