Devs, before you leave powers as is...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by punoH, Aug 27, 2018.

1. punoH New Player

Can you please at least fix the bugs among them? Not asking for a direct nerf as powers are pretty balanced for the most part except those few outliers that have issues with them because of bugs or I should stay stuff that shouldn't happen. The ones that stick out the most are;

Munitions: Chain Gun hitting twice for each time it is supposed to hit with Burning Power Interaction.

Gadgets: Suppressor Turret can be jump cancelled without power cost which makes it possible for gadgets to clip offensive powers with this ability and jump cancel it. This is a huge one as it literally makes or breaks gadgets loadouts along with;

Gadgets: Stealth. This ability can be used to clip powers at the start but that is not the problem.... you can literally clip like supercharges, trinkets all together at the end of the ability animation that you use in stealth which is when the problem begins. When I notice other players taking their sweet time while using orbital, supercharge, pet trinket with role trinket, gadgets doesn't have to do that. Can just like Cuff'em -> Jump Clip -> Surprise Attack clipped with Neo Venom Boost then like not enough happened in that half a second you completely get out of animations after all those while dealing full damage and taking the neo venom boost buff, you can just go right back to your rotation or trinkets. This with suppressor turret clipping is why gadgets is broken at single target.

Now most people might think like "Hey, you just got beaten by a gadgets player and crying for nerf here." Nope... I'm just a casual player who is using gadgets because I like the power itself and how it themes with my character in my mind and I'm just thinking more for community. People may feel like they need to switch to gadgets or munitions in order to not get kicked from the groups and keep up. Heck due to my low skill points I'd get kicked from groups myself if this is fixed but that is my personal issue rather than the DCUO's issue.

Besides both Gadgets and Munitions are very power friendly and have tons of alternatives to use instead of broken mechanics or powers. I bet they'd still be good just wouldn't keep up with say, rage or earth melee which are bad at range and supposedly superior on melee.

TL;DR
    Please devs don't leave the powers with unintended interactions. It might make people feel like they aren't using all of their potential if they are using another power.
    • Like x 5
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

+1 for some fixes. It’s been too long.

Fix Shark Frenzy too please !
    • Like x 3
  3. punoH New Player

What is wrong with Shark Frenzy? I don't know about it, maybe devs don't know about it either.
    • Like x 1
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Either the tooltip is wrong or the power is bugged.
    • Like x 2
  5. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Both of these powers are fine where they are. Munitions without that broken power is trash tbh, that’s it’s bread and butter. Turrent is a cast power of course it’s gonna be able to be jump canceled with power no loss just like other powers. It’s been known for clipping since the beginning and the power is not game breaking so why nerf it ??? As of the stealth clips. Neo venom is clippable wtih all powers so that’s irrelevant and cuff/suprise attack (which I’m pretty sure I created since I’ve known about it since revamp dropped, my fault for tryna help og mentor) is usable for mental and gadgets not just gadgets. It’s clipping 2 cast powers which is supposed to happen. Saying you want these changes is like saying all cast powers should not canceled. Imagine being stuck in fire burst when your trying to dodge a strafing run etc. Imagine dual flurry without being able to jump out of it ???? It all relates. I understand where your coming from but I don’t think it works like that when none of these things are game breaking.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's not guaranteed to crit like the tool tip suggests. Instead, anything you pop immediately after it will crit.
    • Like x 3
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Remember Gadget's good ol' times where you hit weapon mastery crit + power + stealth + bunker buster to get an insanely strong Supercharge? Well now it's Water's time where you also have exactly one thing you desperately want to crit :-D

I agree though, some powers should not be allowed to crit all the times :3 I think most players know what I'm talkin' about..
    • Like x 2
  8. Aaron Cross New Player

I really can't get why it takes so long to fix bugged powers. They were broken since stats revamp and there were over 10 topics about this bugs, but still no fixes out.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

"We need the broken powers to excel!"

"Bring back Mental's WM exploit devs!"

"Bring back repair bot clipping!"

It doesn't surprise me that exploiting bugs and using broken powers (especially keeping them secret so the devs can't fix them) is your way to roll. The "elite" in this game love to keep secrets to themselves for personal gain. That's why we've had so many 'interesting" moments where the ban hammer finally comes along.

How about this? Instead of relying on one broken power to make up for any shortcomings of a powerset, we encourage true balance so that people can stay competitive without relying on cheese?
    • Like x 5
  10. punoH New Player

I mean, when you said fireburst there is just a safety process of canceling it totally without adding any damage to your rotation just to survive. Dual flurry is known for being broken because the canceling is used for more damage rather than really canceling it to move away, do another move etc. which devs are probably looking into and that is why I didn't bring it up.

As for stealth clipping with gadgets, you should be able to clip neo venom boost or the role trinket but not the others and the animation shouldn't cut out at the end of it. When stealth ends after you used the trinket/supercharge the animation just disappears yet effects of it is still there that is why I said it is broken.

I know you love gadgets and know it inside out so you want an advantage with that amount of knowledge but that suppressor turret clipping probably wasn't meant to be that way considering no other pet is usable for that.
    • Like x 2
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well tbh, if the devs aknowledge a bug but finally decide that it is not game breaking and that in this particular case it doesn't really break anything or actually makes it competitive, it probably won't get fixed anytime soon™...
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

HEY! Repair Bot clipping was awesome! And super funny to see ppl try it only to spawn repair bots left and right because they were too slow :D
    • Like x 2
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

1. The turret is glitched BECAUSE IT TAKE NO POWER. Just because you've been exploiting it since revamp don't mean it's not broken. It just mean you've been exploiting dps since revamp.
    2. JC any wm clip is an exploit. WM hit hard because it's not supposed to be clipped that fast. People who are doing that will get it nerfed. That's one of the reasons DW/flurry is always talked about.
    3. I don't understand how you could create anything unless you a dev? Cuff/surprise attack is easy to find out about since a player could literally spam cuff inside of stealth. Being able to clip a power with stealth, cuff , jc surprise attack, and neo in less than a second isn't game breaking. Idk what game breaking mean.
    Fyi you can use turret as a free no power clip every 3 secs.
    • Like x 3
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

The turret may cost no power but it does take one of your power slots, I'd much rather put a shield there and that's what I do as a gadgets main.
  15. Aaron Cross New Player

"Game breaking" Minigun extra damage tick (WoW +3k damage) was fixed immidiately during stats revamp, but non-game breaking 2x damage Chain Gun is still there for more then a year. So how they decide which one is game breaking?
    • Like x 1
  16. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

I just dps to have fun. Clipping is fun, turrent clip has been out for years and now all of a sudden it’s a game breaking exploit ?? Lololol... I’m wrong for not blabbing my rotations on YouTube sorry man. “Ban hammer” unfortunately I’ve never been banned sorry man. “Relying on one broken power” who are you in game ?? Oh that’s what I thought.
    • Like x 1
  17. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

I understand what your saying. These are not supposed to be doing these functions in game but at this moment in time gadgets is not over powered compared to other power sets. Currently earth prec single target/ might on ads is top dog setup. Gadgets is 4th right now as far as top dps regardless of specs. I don’t understand why you want these things changed, but this would be bringing them below the competitive levels they are right now. In this order from best to worst : earth, rage, elc, gadgets, cel, mun , light , mun , quan, atom, nat. (Sorry if a few) but based off my testing of prec and might side of each these powers are close in dps.gap gets bigger as the list gets longer but nothing is just obliterating the rest so why nerf ! My only question
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

^ Please stop arguing and going off topic. Powers need to work properly. Balance is another issue.

If you think Munitions is “trash” without the bugs, then lobby for the powerset to be buffed with testing and factual data, in another topic.
    • Like x 4
  19. punoH New Player

I understand you too, but what if they also made a small balancing after bug fixes, off the top of my head I could say add some damage to vortex cannon which is already used on multi target might loadout and gadgets already has a good single target with stealth. How about add some damage to minigun which is already a long cast ability and make it worth using? Solutions are there, bugs aren't solutions though. Anyway, topic is about bug fixes as TybeeTahiri said.
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

1. Earth is top because of 50% sc and artifact.
    2. Rage is top because of 50% sc and artifact
    3. Elec is top just for this DLC because of non-splitting issues
    4. Gadgets is top because of turret exploit and stealth clips and exploit(pretty sure clipping 3 powers in stealth is an exploit or game breaking power advantage. Cuff surprise attack already do 40k non-crit damage at 25k might)
    5. Mun is top because of chain gun.
    As you can see the top powers are top because of op SC or exploits. If the devs were to balance 50% sc, gadgets would be top by a wide margin. If DW>>> flurry wm was working correctly it would be just fine.
    The top powers have op sc or exploits. That's not balance

Edit; forgot about how earth sc generator can be used as a clip
    • Like x 4