Devs, before you leave powers as is...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by punoH, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

You keep falling back to that position when you realise your position is flawed "oh I'm arguing fact, you're arguing opinion", You really should just quit with that nonsense, especially when you clearly consider it to be some sort of "silver bullet" you can pull out to win any argument; it isn't anything of the sort.

The question is "is there some sort of intention to be able to use a repair bot to clip a move to increase damage"; that is an opinion based question.

You believe you should be able too because despite any opinion of the contrary it's 'useful'.

However, what other people are saying is that clearly it is not intended to use a consumable to enhance your damage when the purpose of that consumable is to simply place a robot on the ground to repair your damaged gear, it's a repair bot not a "damage clipping bot". Using it to enhance your damage goes against it's natural function.

In contrast to consumables which are in fact 'designed' to enhance damage and apply a PI, which you claim aren't useful enough and somehow the lack of usefuleness somehow justifies the existence of an unintended broken albeit useful function somewhere else.

You just need to quit already, Doing this sort of nonsense doesn't make you a DPS god, it doesn't make you a good player, it doesn't make you a skilled player, it makes you a cheesy player relying on a broken crutch, reliant upon an exploit to do good damage and complete content and once that exploit gets fixed you desperately clamor to find another one.

If it helps, I'm pretty sure a first grader is intellectual enough to see the faulty logic in all of this, in fact, intellectual enough to see how truly tragic this all even is.

I myself find it truly tragic that this sort of concept has to be broken down to this extent and then still be misunderstood.

But by all means please continue to post your "facts" about why a repair bot is a "damage output bot"
    • Like x 3
  2. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

That's not a correction, that's what I was referring to. If you jump or stop the combo'ing animation in the process of reaching that final input, it doesn't cost power. Fireburst and Frost Blast if jumped will cancel it and not do damage or have power cast. Supp. Turret if jumped will cancel it and not do damage or cost power. Only difference is that Supp. Turret is clippable and always has been. I think The Dark and Penryn should both have that in the youtube videos/gadgets guide. That clip has been used in every era of the game, wayyyyyyyy too many videos to say that was hidden.
    • Like x 1
  3. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Correction. For dps specifically, they do provide optimal dps in certain situations* Last time someone mathed it, Penetrating Strikes was better than Core Strength if the boss had a defense buff up. Hardly the case of occuring if you have a troll or a good one at that, but still there. A situation can exist where a particular white mod is the best way to go, regardless of how small the benefit is. But the PI consumable has no such situation is what my claim is. And I've seen many bad players, and even they don't get the idea to craft and use pi consumables so I would love to be put in contact with these "players that may find it desirable for their loadout".
  4. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Not even respectIng you enough to read your entire posts going forward because the longer our arguments, the less actual substance you start to produce that I care about to read. I could care less for the extensive persona you keep up with on the forums. But I will respond to this part. That's the problem you always have. You ask the wrong questions.
    Your question: "Are dual wield and bow balanced wm combos?"
    Correct question: "Is this the way weapons should be balanced?"
    Your question: "Is there some sort of intention to be able to use a repair bot to clip a move to increase damage?"
    Correction question: "Is there something wrong with being able to use a repair bot to clip a move to increase damage?"

You don't ask questions about intention when it comes to gameplay mechanics because it's often the case that weird bugs and possiblities exist that the playerbase will find and enjoy that you did not think of. YOU DO NOT DEGRADE THE EXPERIENCE OF THE CONSUMER FOR YOUR SELFISH REASONS. THAT IS PULLING AN EA, THAT IS HOW YOU RUIN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS. You don't see Bloodborne pulling out patches everytime someone finds a cliff they can jump off of to save a few seconds on a speed run. You don't see them redo'ing bosses when an easy pattern is uploaded to youtube to help people defeat one. If I throw a *st. patrick's day consumable, whatever it's called* at a terodactyl form and it turn it into a deformed rainbow creature from Resident Evil, you don't see them running and fixing that. INTENTIONALITY CARRIES LITTLE TO NO WEIGHT. IT IS HOW THE TOPIC AFFECTS THE GAME AS A WHOLE THAT IS THE IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not seeking your respect, I don't care whether you respect me. It's interesting you chose the word 'persona' do you think I don't believe what I'm saying, do you think I'm pretending to be someone I'm not?

Also you've implied I've somehow worded my questions incorrectly, I haven't, I worded my questions in the manner I did, becaue that was the question I posed. You don't get to decide how I phrase my questions nor whether I should even ask the question, there's a phrase used when someone tries to do that it's termed "putting words in someone else's mouth".

If you want to word a question in a different manner then do so yourself, but don't pretend I should have or could have said it in any manner other than what I did. You can choose not to like the question, it doesn't mean you get to dictate the question to lead to a different answer.

Thankfully for the community you don't get to decide what does or "doesn't affect" the game, the developers get to decide that. You can say your piece in that "you think there's nothing wrong with using a repair bot to enhance your damage" and others can say that breaks the fundamental purpose of the bot, which is true because it does; it's a repair bot.

Your excuse is to leave it as it is because it's 'useful' and 'doesn't meaningfully break the game', sure, ultimately the developers will make the decision as to that, and who gets to decide "when the game get's broken too much"? Is it you? Also for you to harp on at others like they're somehow "distorting facts", "omitting facts" or are "ignoring facts" simply for expressing valid concerns in opposition to yours is immensely self righteous.

And despite your assertion to the contrary, I think you'll still read this.
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I believe someone who's at least been in an atmosphere to know how to speak in logical/argumentative terms knows how to properly use them, but in your case, it seems as if you choose to use that language freely as if you don't understand what those terms or tone mean anymore. It's like hearing a person that can riddle off a few lines/commands of c++ but is using it in a paragraph that makes no sense even on a fundamental level of coding like java. I would expect the excuse to be a child just copying an adult or older person they're around, but I came under the assumption you were at least over the age of 18 so I discarded that excuse, which leaves intentionally doing so more likely. Clear example of this:

- You've implied I've somehow worded my questions incorrectly
    - I haven't
    I worded my questions in the manner I did, because that was the question I posed

My actual line was "You ask the wrong questions." Asking the wrong question has nothing to do with wording. Rewording a sentence is meant to keep the same idea, but to express it in a clearer manner. What I wrote is the equivalent of saying what you are trying to express is wrong. You literally use "oh, you strawman'd this thing I said" every 3 to 4 times you get into an argument. And it's like how do you even know what strawman means, but you're not capable of avoiding it yourself in a blatantly obvious way. Like I don't know if this is supposed to be a joke or if I should genuinely feel sorry for you. I've had to argue with bipolar people ,and you're borderline on the same just "out there" "like what?" type of posts. I just genuinely don't understand you at all.

As for choosing how to phrase your questions. I was trying to take a page from Trexlight. If you don't word things to the devs in the right way, you're going to get ignored. If you ask the wrong questions, you're not going to get the answers or the solutions that you want. It's attention to detail that's important.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Pretty much sums up my feelings of your response at this point ;)

This conversation has met its natural conclusion you're completely deflecting off topic now so I'll just leave it there, the point has clearly been made in my posts to you.
    • Like x 2