DCUO Teases Teen Titans and Augments this Summer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 1, 2018.

1. JDunk1971 New Player

For the Teen Titans, I would like DCUO to make more use of the early 2000s "Teen Titans" cartoon. Maybe get the VAs back together to voice the characters or make more use of the visuals/styles from the show. Especially for Cyborg! Maybe have a mission involving some of the great but underused villains original to the show such as The Mad Mod, as well as the introduction of The Brotherhood of Evil. Just, don't use Teen Titans Go; that show should just Go... Away.

Also, expand the furry skins; maybe eventually make Halloween costumes for 2018 with more options like muzzles and articulated tails.
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

*deletes toon named Bit Storage*
  3. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

Lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

I am looking forward to this. After a 3 year break i came back to mixed feelings. Love the game but hate some of it as well. Way to much r&d materials for one. Hopefully augments alleviate some of that. Also hope for some in debt content, not just tank and spank 15 minute raids. How about make roles matter more again. I love trolling, not so much love just playing energizer bunny. I have good expectations and positive thinking.
    • Like x 1
  5. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Yea bit you wouldnt necessarily need to reset the bounty to recieve the nth metal.. And Im only referring to the nth metals that YIELD tho most "EXP" for these ICONIC Bounties..
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

That would be awesome, I love Tara Strong’s Raven. I’d expect it’d be difficult to get her into a studio, though; she’s one of the busiest VAs in the business.
  7. xGMZen Well-Known Player

Incredible Development! Well Done!!!
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Along with exobits all the other r&d items we get from scrapping gear should be used to level up augments, such as scraps (drenzium, spordium, etc) and all essences. If you keep those things in the game then players will have the option of using them toward augments, or using them toward getting the R&D feats. That way new players have to go through the same hundreds of hours of grinding for mods that we had to go through (in order to get the SP / feats). So nothing would need to be changed about R&D (or associated feats) up through the current episode.

Sure it means new players would spend a long time making mods that they won't use - but that's already the case. No new player stays in any of the episodes since AFIII for as long as it takes to get all the mod feats. They move up CR as fast as possible, then go back & get the feats later if they feel like it. That said, those completed mods should also be used as leveling up materials for augments (at a higher increase rate than other materials alone).
  9. Cjmd74 Active Player

Maybe this has been asked but what happens with exobits & the farming feats associated with that? What about things such as Total Recovery Kits that folks spent money on? Will those be useful or scrapped & money lost?
    • Like x 1
  10. buddah Well-Known Player

If this gets rid of the white mods I see some of the augments having those abilities put in with them.
  11. JayTwoFace New Player

Will we get bonuses for the mentor we have chosen also
    • Like x 1
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Try staff tracker for the answer to your question on exobits and feats.

It sounds like an artifact type of change in place of modding.
  13. Margusx New Player

They should give prefab augment to game in launch there still time its bit lifeless if you are in endgame with e3 mods and you start with very low stats. What happens if you have many toons with prefab you should not fall too low until you get leveled your real augment to cretain level in 1 toon its might hurt less until you level your real augment and prefab based on content you play.
    They should give 2 prefabs per toon 1 dps other to role. Otherwise game willbe broken for while until you going with augment from t1 to t9
  14. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

So what will happen to the previous modding feats? will they remain? or will they be removed and those feas will be handed to players?
  15. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

They will be automatically granted upon login
  16. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

How do you know this?
  17. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

... me thinks they are making it up as they go along ...

DEV plan :
    Dev 1 :: we should change things up, so the game isn't stale.
    Dev 2 :: what can we to to make money doing it?
    Dev 3 :: We haven't had a core mechanics change for a while.
    Dev 4 :: Yeah, but players might be upset. What if we tease and idea and see how the players react.

DEV reveal.
    Players react.
    Players question.
    Players suggest.
    Players debate.

DEV Final decision
    Dev 1 :: We just want to make it clear that there has been a lot of player discussion that this is what the DEV team intended to do along. (regardless of the fact that we used player input to improve upon the basic idea of a core mechanics change)
    Dev 2-4 :: Agreed. We had this all planned out before the initial Reveal and without any help of the player base.
    Dev 1 :: See how smoothly it's going over with the player base.
    Dev 5 :: The players are still complaining.
    Dev 1-4 :: THEY ALWAYS DO!

18. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

It will take a skin-graft to forget them.

None.
    You can still roll twice as much as a single roll.

You will not lose Stats.
    However, your Stats will change.

The DEVs apparently didn't take into account the Role System, but did they ever really?
    Oh, I mean other than compensating all Damage teams for not having Roles or mostly Damage teams lacking Role(s).
    [NOTE :: in case you still don't know, you can switch to your Role by pressing T (by default keybind) and pressing T to switch back to Damage.]]
    They may or may not take this into account, and/or play it off like they were thinking about this all along.

[/sarcasm]

There should be two augment slots per each place an augment can be slotted.
    One for damage.
    One for your Role.
    Takes twice as much augments to fill the slots.
    This also gives the DEVs twice the revenue stream on the new system than they would have had before.
    (they could go head and add a third for PVP so players wouldn't have to change gear for PVP and, thus, tripling the income potential)

Gift horse meet mouth.
  19. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  20. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I find the current R&D system Alt-friendly, but then I use Beta Mods and Alpha recoveries to remove the mods for all of my characters regardless of CR.

Mind you, I will fully admit that I am not chasing the end-game or worried about having maxed out STATs.

I'm here to enjoy playing a super-hero in an MMORPG.