No where was it announced op items were getting buffed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kosyne, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Meaning we will have to grind for them every year when the Starro Event comes back. :(
    • Like x 2
  2. davemack777 Well-Known Player

what a waste of time farming to make starro op items :(
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I kinda don't understand the need to raise the item levels of Op gear. That's like 5-6 CR more than highest vendor gear. I think ILs have been over-buffed.

I do understand not buffing the Starro OP gear. It was event exclusive and it wouldn't be fair to people who weren't playing around then. Sorry but its the truth. In fact I think event-only OP gear is a bad idea all around.
  4. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

ICK! I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time grinding the Starro gear. :mad:
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

So the Starro OP ring, when attuned to it's max, is still 170. That means it's might, power, precision, and weaponization are lower than the AoJ vendor rings. Meaning it's longevity was barely a month past the end of the event, as far as DPS centric stats are concerned. Same goes with the Starro OP mask. Sure these do have additional stats like health and defense (and the Starro mask has the extra tactical mod slot if you have a mod worth using).

Compare that with the AF3 OP items, and they were good from as early as November 2017 into at least the next episode now. Can't you at least buff up the Starro OP items to be equal to the vendor AoJ items, so we don't feel like we wasted time crafting them?
    • Like x 4
  6. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Wow.... I am sorry Mepps but that is a slap to the face of the people who ground out all the required parts or paid countless millions to craft those parts. If that is how they are to be treated with only a minimum gain towards getting them then the crafting requirements for those items need to go down by a ton when the event returns as apparently they become completely worthless and not beneficial once they are crafted due to the way this scaling scenario is set up. If they are technically not OP items as billed, then the community is being misled.
    • Like x 5
  7. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

all this "OP" CRAP. is nothing but a way to make the grind last longer. there good for a small time window. get a feat. and do it all over again. if there was not a feat with them I would not even bother with them. and how they thought they could nerf them, and people would not get upset over it...is beyond me. all the time it take to get them. and for some...real money. just to see them turned to crap...
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

Tell em QuickFreeze!!!!!
  9. ITony StarkI Active Player

I do not agree with the decision either. That was a lot of time and money spent to craft those "OP" items with what seems now to be of little reward or longevity. I will admit I have been impressed with the dev's response to community feedback as of late, however. With that being said, can you guys guarantee that you will not be reversing this decision? Because if I go out and spend my war bonds to replace the starro ring today and then you guys buff it tomorrow, I will feel extremely misled.

In addition, I will think twice before spending my hard earned cash to aquire these peices in the future.
    • Like x 1
  10. sharpy36 Active Player

I'd be happy if the Starro items were bumped to 175. I just don't want to have to grind more War Bonds to replace them.
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Thats not good...what about OP replacements ? Trade in our Starro ones for a new one.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Mepps the starro ring is obsolete already how is that longevity.

Would be helpful for devs to consider these types of op items more next time ;)
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I like the sound of that as it's fair. Makes people who are already done rerun it again
  14. SkullGang Devoted Player

Then they can't be called OP gear if they don't last nearly as long as other pieces.
    • Like x 2
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Event op are not progression. Amazon and Justice and old op pieces can be obtained by subscribing or by buying the episodes.
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

I just wanna add....though they came out in Janurary, I know I didnt craft em till towards the end of the event so almost March.

So.....I spent 100S OF MILLIONS, ran it everyday on at least six toons, and it was only good for less than 5 months, AWESOME!!!! [Sarcasm]

Hope ya devs didnt plan on me participating in the stupid events after this.
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Intended Longevity. It sounds like the Event that was supposed to happen didn't.
    They weren't intended to go this far.
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Starro was April through June
    • Like x 1
  19. The Anxient Loyal Player

They were progression. They were higher Cr than what was available anywhere else in game. They raised max Cr. That is progression. You just don't want others to benefit from something you can't get because you weren't here.
    • Like x 2
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

least you all know not to go all out on the future OP items tied to events because it is no longer worth it.