No where was it announced op items were getting buffed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kosyne, Aug 10, 2017.

1. StealthBlue Loyal Player

It's only worth the feat points associated with collecting the piece, not actually worth an "OP" item status since it's immediately obsolete. So if only the broker prices would drop accordingly...

From the sound of things though, we may not end up with many (if any) more events, only the Starro one coming back yearly since it was so poorly received. I mean, the September episode was supposed to be the next major event. So if you already have the feats for the Starro OP items, you probably don't have to worry about this again. Unless they decide to add different Starro OP items with feats attached next year...
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

Oh yeah, duh

For some reason I was thinking anniversary event.

Yeah, no, that makes it worse.
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I remember getting the OP neck from LD the day before the next dlc came out. And it lasted through that entire dlc and with the dlc after the stat difference was so small i could've kept it or not. Imo thats an OP thats worth it.
    • Like x 2
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I remember calling this too about the starro OP items. The day they were announced i said to all my league mates those items will be replaced in the next episode. Im surprised more people didnt see this was going to happen. Those OP items were the carrot and nothing more. They attach feats to them because they know players will chase the feats.

If this sept episode/event has more OP items like this i will 100% be skipping them because of whats being done here with the starro ones. Looks like i share an opinion with a few others. U know what will happen tho. We decide to skip em and this time they are worth it :p:confused:
    • Like x 3
  5. Dene Devoted Player

Small consolation - you still get Ancient coin :)
  6. LT Schmitt Committed Player

I'm just going back to my original plan of not doing ANY of the OP items and just selling the stuff on the broker. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Starro mask could still be good if you have the might mod for it right?
    • Like x 1
  7. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

While true, I was referring to losing out on MoV. However if they don't upgrade the item level of the Starro OP gear I will be fine.

IMO they should at the very least upgrade their stats to be better than the 175 vendor gear in every way, as is they are not worth the time and effort needed to craft them.
  8. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Just saying this whole op item has gotten out off control the fact that it costs so much in game money just to aqqcuire these items.What about the people who just came back to the game wat are they supposed to do just pull 500 mill outa no where to get a ton of items?. honestly it is better if you guys go back to making these op items drop rarely and not allow u to actually get these with plan in game money people just spam the raid with bought resets and use a ton of in game currency to buy these collections and not everybody is great at making in game money so this into consideration for new players aswell as people who just got back or just people who r not great at making money.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Starro OP items were likely not buffed because the event will return at some point, and those items can be crafted again at a higher cr/stats level, making the newer versions more relevant.
    • Like x 1
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

No thank you.

Before they switched them to craftable and collectable, I never got an OP item aside from the prime head 2 years too late.

Do they costs a hella lot to make or collect, yes. But I have all of the OP items since that change.
  11. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Your speaking for yourself tho not everyone can get 200 mill to get these op items
  12. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Money isnt easy to get collections are rare
  13. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Mepps, I think someone has boobed here. OP items should not be inferior to gear dropped a couple of months thereafter.

There are 2 solutions. Either dismiss the scaling aspect of the Starro OP gear & just buff to a set level regardless of the CR of the player when it was equipped (don't think anyone would care) , or give players with the feats a discount of some kind on the next set of OP gear released.

The way this has been done is bad for consumer confidence.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Hey, if they don't require any new plans, I'm all for that, since I still have a couple of rares saved up. Somehow I doubt that will happen though (not requiring new materials or plans).
  15. Emoney Dedicated Player

First off as Ive said multiple times over the last few days, making money in this game is not as hard as everyone on here makes out to be.

Secondly, I see far more players with OP stuff now, compared to the lucky few who seemed to be the only ones who would get them dropped over and over.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It would basically be like having an extra mod in your layout. The values are pretty much the same.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Going passed cr relevancy for AF3 content means not getting full Marks of Victory in that content (with a guaranteed MoV choice in the loot picker). You can and will still earn full amount of Ancient Coins.
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They have to bring it back...otherwise they'll have to hand out feats like they did for the original Valentines seasonal.
    • Like x 2
  19. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

That is what I was worried about, I'd be losing out a fair amount of easy MoV by going out of it. However it seems like the Starro gear wont be getting upgrades, well at least for now.. so it is not really an issue anymore.

I do think that the Starro gear should at least get a bump in stats, all of them should be better than the 175 vendor gear.
  20. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Emoney how is money easy to make on a dead game explain? U prolly pay for a ton of caps huh?