NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. EvilBipolarGirl New Player

(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)

this is BS
  2. Danja9 Active Player

We pay alot of money to be overpowered for a short period of time only to be nerfed be dcuo so we can spend more money to be overpowered. I work so hard getting gears to beat lower level content so i can go back and beat it easier but not now dc wanna make it like my hard wrk was ****. Fix ur game dc or you will lose players.
    • Like x 5
  3. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

Heals are horrible

No sense in being troll now

I just wanted to ask to those boys who complained

To be batteries when playing as a troll, if they like it better now

IF I PLAY AS A TROLL "I WANT TO BE A TROLL (BATTERY), IF I PLAY AS A HEALER I WANT TO BE A HEALER, IF I PLAY AS A TANK I WANNA BE A TANK, ETC"
    THATS WHY WE HAVE ROLES IN GAME
    I WANT THE "PoT" AGAIN
    I WANT MORE HEALS
    I WANT TO BE ABLE TO STUN AGAIN

P.S. FOR MORE EDUCATIONAL CONTENT PLS CONTACT: ME
    • Like x 2
  4. ImAdopted New Player

but they didnt take anything away, they just changed some stuff that you cant process through your brain or lack of i should say. and fyi my name is stated as my forum name so no.. i do not have one of those name since back when the game came out i was able to have a normal name but thanks :D
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

Have you logged into the game on the account you are using to post from?
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

As Harlequin mentioned, you need to log into the game after creating your forum account. But just to make sure you made your account correctly, are you a PS or Xbox player? If so, you need to use those login options instead of the regular login option. This is a check to make sure you have a valid account, and helps to prevent spam accounts on the forums.
  7. Skyhunter Level 30

What the heck?? I can't write c.e.n.s.o.r.e.d. and some auto correct changes it to maturified. LOL
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

Mepps has made some changes there. See if you can find them all!
    • Like x 2
  9. Ashuraman Active Player

They DID take stuff away. Mainly how your stats MATTER. Because as the game is right now your stats matter JACK ****! They don't matter a single bit, hence why so many people are having so many difficulties doing stuff now that they could do before easily, be it solo or in team instances and are starting to fee like their progression was taken away, because they aren't as strong as they used to be. Everything is becoming homogenized and samely, something that has sadly been happening A LOT in the MMO world
    • Like x 2
  10. Skyhunter Level 30

Since the update, I've been noticing each day that the numbers of my friends and fellow leaguers are decreasing.
    I used to see at least 15 friends online, no matter the time. Now, it doesn't reach 5.
    • Like x 4
  11. TheCursedOne Well-Known Player

Yeap. I would say about 90% of my league and friends have already quit the game. This revamp is the main cause of it in some way or form. Some hate the less power back. Some hate how long everything takes now. Almost all of them hate the CC everything has now, while we have maybe one. Some hate how powers no longer really flow anymore. Having to relearn every role and power. The list just keeps on going.

I would give it another month with the revamp and most of the casual players will be gone. Then all these people that fought so hard to make the revamp into what it is can be happy. Empty servers...But happy.
    • Like x 8
  12. Vanessa33335 Level 30

In my opinion and i'm not the only one on PS3 players, this revamp ruined the game in a matter of RAIDS. They are almost impossible to beat now even with 4-5 200+ CR.

We can have fun and enjoy the game untill 4 people instances 'alerts' but when is about raids no way. Yesterday i was running raid with 4 190+ CRS and we weren't able to finish... we spent almost 2 hours and still couldn't finish... not to mention the huge list of players quiting and giving up.

My friend CR 199 also gave up saying ..''i've spent 3 years grinding to get my char to this high cr and now this.. and i used to solo this raid''. If you guys do not nerf the RAIDS i'm sure pretty soon they'll be extinct and more people will quit. I don't remember which raid was but it was a T6.
    • Like x 5
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

Gotta do what everyone has to do at that crappy 113-118-ish time - the couple of HOP2 instances that still drop marks and/or get carried through CZ. Once you get past 120 to the mid-upper 120s and can run DC, everything smooths out again.

Also, careful with that "beloved changes" crap. I haven't had a kind word to say about this game in a LONG time. I might be downloading the game right now but I quit over a year ago over the ridiculous cash grabs. My main was in the upper 150s CR-wise with 178SP when I last logged in on PC. I played a bit on test checking out the revamp and enjoyed the changes so I'm going to sub a month to give the game another chance.

Will it be fun enough to get me to overlook crapsules? Time will tell.
    • Like x 1
  14. NightshroudFujiwara New Player

If people have already quit, nerfing won't suddenly get them back unless they are posturing. But even if they did want to nerf raids - what specifically do you want them to change? Lower health, weaker control effects, less damage, slower speed off combat? If you give some direct feedback a debate can happen.
  15. Skyhunter Level 30

I'll wait 2-3 months to see where it leads. I have a feeling that some adjustments might be on the way. Well, I've never seen a perfect update in any game. It was quite expected that something would be messed up.
    But that excitement I've been having to login since I came back to the game months ago? Gone. In all instances I took part, all players were demotivated.
    The subscription I was about to do, I'm gonna put it in a halt for the moment. And login to play, just for a few minutes to get some dailies done and I'm out. Not really fond of spending a good amount of time waiting to gather a decent group to do something while I could have already done it or doing something else on the list
    And something tells me the devs knew that something like this would happen. I wonder how would be the community's response without the new power and new incoming episodes.
    • Like x 2
  16. Vanessa33335 Level 30

They should do what they done with alerts not too easy but NOT TOO HARD AS HELL as well like spending 2 hours or maybe more to beat it. lowering the health and damage would be great but it's not only that i think a completely rework should be done on raids and also for the high cr players.

What about the people who spent years grinding to have strong chars so they can help the low ones it's gone now, you feel you worked for nothing, in duos my char CR 90 do more damage than a 190 LOL is frustrating and ridiculous. I agree that before was too easy but now like i said is almost impossible.

I was thinking to buy the new power plus some episodes even post by the forum asking about it( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-i-have-to-purchase-to-hit-cr-130-150.288896/ ) but now NO WAY, i want to buy and enjoy the game instead to buy and spend my time grinding for high CR for nothing or spend hours on a raid that could've be done in minutes. Not even worth to get high CR now since it doesn't really matter anymore.
    • Like x 2
  17. NightshroudFujiwara New Player

OK, you're not happy. I doubt you'll see a rework though. This is the update from a year ago:
    https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/development-update-stats-revamp-dcuo-2016

To summarize - this update hit every one of their key targets:

These are the core changes:
    • We are removing combat rating differential.
      • Removing combat rating differential is literally what makes stats matter.
      • Combat rating itself will still exist to roughly signal where you are in strength, but it will have no direct impact on how you perform in combat.
      • Your stats (and your choices) will determine how you actually perform.
    • We are smoothing out how you gain stats over the course of your character’s life.
      • In a word, this smoothing means consistency from level one on, meaning your efforts to progress result in more even power growth. No more jumping forward in strength at certain combat ratings, and no more crawling forward at others.
      • In response, we are also adjusting how NPCs gain stats over the course of progression. Overall, they will feel a bit healthier.
    • We are redistributing where stats come from.
      • Items and bonuses currently offer a wide range of stat gain, from very negligible to very large. We will ensure the stats from different places make sense and feel similarly rewarding.
      • For example, mods take time to farm and maintain. We currently feel that they do not give enough reward for the effort it takes to get them, so we are increasing their power.
    • We are also revamping stat-related skill points.
      • Currently, skill points that grant stats require you to master different weapons, going deep into trees and abilities you may not be interested in. That’s confusing at best, so we are consolidating all stats into one skill tree and allowing you access to them early.
      • We are also making the stats you get from skill points scale up based on how many points you spend. More skill points, more stats, more fun!

Essentially 75% of what you say you don't like was intentional. I do agree that changes could help - but if they nerf raids and remove player skill it wipes out a year of work.
    • Like x 2
  18. Lucifercare New Player

Your guys reply about the raids being too tough is insanely obsurd. I remember when my character was tier 3 back in the AM and WM days, doing Chasm took about 2 hours with people who were at level. We had every single role and stuff but we didn't get it done because we did not follow the mechanics and because we weren't skilled enough.

Heck, even way before WM and AM when the game just had up to tier 5 (I think I am right... correct me if I am wrong) with Paradox wave and Nexus of Reality, those were tough. Fights took a long time too. It is literally the same thing back from those old days but applied to all the other tiers. All tiers pose a challenge. But yes, I do know that the adds damage is a bit of whack in tiers, but all you have to do is report it and be detailed.

Yes I know even our damage is less than it was before, but sooner or later you will all adapt and soon it will be normal. Just give the revamp a chance and report issues that you have. Maybe the devs might buff up our damage slightly so that we can feel a bit more comfortable, we will just have to see.
    • Like x 2
  19. ImAdopted New Player

this guy right here knows whats good lol. do you all not remember the prime days? how hard it was and how everyone needed to follow the mechanics? running from the tentacle spikes, dodging bunker buster... its all the same thing now. you could have a fully maxed proper specd group of 8 in prime (forget what max gear was back then) and still struggle, so being maxed now its going to be a struggle if you dont follow the mechanics
  20. Skyhunter Level 30

I remember the long nights trying to get Sub avatar and The Chasm done. lol