NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. GaussEU New Player

Yeah, so not only is vita much lower, but so is the dps. I'm hard light and my dps is down by perhaps 60 % after the re-vamp. Controlling is also harder, especially in raids, where groups are now starving for power, which they almost never did before.

All in all, this made most things worse, at least for me... I knew this re-vamp would change a lot of things, but I did not expect it to make things way worse. I'll give this 1-2 months. If it ain't fixed soon, you have at least one loyal player less. I've been here since 2012, but this really took LOTS of joy away from the game...
    • Like x 4
  2. Ashuraman Active Player

I don't think powers should be EQUAL, that would remove the need of different powers. Balanced yes, just not EQUAL
    • Like x 4
  3. Compound Omega Level 30

I have posted my views on the positive aspects of the revamp, but I would like to offer a suggestion to help with the complaints: start with a bit more health and defense granted from gear, further balance damage potential, and go from there. This may have already been suggested but I have not been able to read every post.
  4. NightSpells New Player

Balanced is good .
  5. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Your solutions belie the fact the Devs have already admitted that some of the damage / health of NPCs is not scaled correctly. Your beating a strawman here... the update will probably be fine when everything is brought into line but if your telling me the AOEs are hitting appropriate CR / SP toons at tier 5 and 8 the same, you got to be kidding me. Testers already brought most of this up before this went live, the weak heals on some powers has already been brought up, all the issues people are talking about has been brought up before this dropped. Not saying they won't fix it, not saying I don't like the concept in instances where damage is scaled like end game but condesending nonsense doesn't negate the facts that are in your damage log.
    • Like x 1
  6. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Go heal with Electric then Sorcery and then tell me how balanced you think it is...
  7. NightshroudFujiwara New Player

Just keep making excuses for bad play. Anything I reply with substantively will trigger a circular debate, and I don't see the point.
  8. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Keep making strawman arguments to deny reality, I'm sure you'll see the point eventually.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ashuraman Active Player

I may be as unhappy with the update as the next guy but saying that the game is dead is a GROSS exaggeration. Because there are people who ARE happy with the update and any NEW players that come wont know how the game was before so they have no measure to compare to. Meaning that, yes, the game WILL stay alive despite the shitfest of an update. Not to mention all the people that fully support the change and thing the game is better off this way
    • Like x 1
  10. Ashuraman Active Player

I've read that Mepps started a thread for us to tell him which instances feel too hard and unfair so that's a plus. On the other side this community is too split to come to a consensus AND when the devs make a change on this level, VERY RARELY do they ever go back on it, possibly out of fear of looking bad. So most likely the stuff that was changed in the stats isn't going to come back anytime soon, nor is WM or AM
    • Like x 1
  11. AshBlackstone78 New Player

After a couple of days, here are some of my thoughts.

1) SP doesn't matter as much as you think. I've run content with and without my SP allocated. I've noticed very little difference in damage output, if any.

2) I love that Tier 8 content is difficult now, and that I'm not just trash stomping Tier 6 and 7 content anymore.

3) Would have liked to have seen lower tier content be a little easier. I liked that I could run through the Sunstone Matrix raid solo within a few minutes.

4) I'm glad that powers are more balanced for DPS. I had switched from Rage to Atomic because I was tired of only being useful as a tank. I've swapped back now, because I'm so good with the rage mechanics in a world without AM.

5) I'm thrilled that playing roles will matter more. Hopefully people will stop scoreboard chasing, and actually play the game right. High damage means nothing if you're not functioning well with the team.

Overall, I view it as a mixed bag that need work, but the game is trending in the right direction. This just needs more tweaking.
    • Like x 4
  12. Galadriel New Player

Can someone tell me why im now 199 cr? i was 200 cr before revamp,i have same gears,same things. i just want to know why i lost 1 cr.

i am 200.09 cr,but it show i have 199 cr equiped.
  13. Skyhunter Level 30

I was 10 points down after revamp, but then I spent some sp in weapons and got my number back. Maybe it's the case.
  14. Galadriel New Player

i know,i was 180 after revamp but i did spend sp on weapon but i only get to 199.
  15. Skyhunter Level 30

I've been reading several topics and posts lately and something got my attention, since several players say the same. It's about players chasing scoreboard.
    Well, I find this the most stupid thing a person could do. With all the fun in the game, (damn, you can even do several characters to play) it's hard to imagine people so centered in their own ego to do this.
  16. NightSpells New Player

Out of context . I was saying it would be good if it was balanced . From what I hear it is not . Fix our game DCUO please .
    • Like x 1
  17. Tarif Committed Player

No, hes not coinfused, but more than a little angry that many many of the testers that were saying the same things DURING TEST had their posts and videos deleted to quite and cen sor them. Same thig has happened here alot this last week, but the volume is just too much. A lot of us tried talking on that thread, that its ALL THE CONTENT, THAT OUR STATS ARE NOT MATTERING MUCH AT ALL. He countered with saying he wanted specifics...what add? what boss? date? time? I got the impression he wanted to know what phase the moon I was under, and my social security number. There was also a threat that if opinions were not given, people and threads would be removed. No. This was warned about on threads, on test, and even on the streams.
    • Like x 3
  18. silikyan Well-Known Player

I´m sorcery on live, i´m not having many issues ,only ritualistic is bugged.
    But you´re saying that because?! Is electric or sorcery better on live?I haven´t tested electric since it first was launched.
    • Like x 1
  19. Control Creed Well-Known Player

It's not that you can't heal with sorcery in a good group, but electric is noticeably more power efficient. It's not "balanced". Some of the similar heals on other powers as sorcery heal more, it's weird... but again, not saying you can't heal with the right loadout in a good group but that power thing... may lead to some bad things in the LFG chat. We'll see. I could be wrong.
  20. EvilBipolarGirl New Player

So yeah I cant post anywhere besides threads Mepps has started and left open so can anyone message him for me or help me figure out what I need to do to post in other parts of the forums? Please.