NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. NightSpells New Player

I was hoping with the revamp my damage would increase . With the high armor set and high sp I have this was going to be fun . Instead I'm battling lower tiers like they are equal to me now . My hard work seems like it was a waste . The game is a bit depressing now . Like the new additions in the revamp . Some things could be different . Main thing needs to change . Is the huge nerf I was given . Long term player here . If it matters .
    • Like x 12
  2. Sigeci Well-Known Player

Seeing munitions dps hitting for 200 k on a big group of adds with mini nuke and then 500 k with big gun..cheapest thing ever.
  3. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

So basically you ain't never gonna be happy huh? You didn't like weapon mastery, you didn't like advanced mechanic, now you don't line stats revamp lmao. Just put your wallet away and move on then dude.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tarif Committed Player

You really should take the time to "read" someones post before commenting. The game lacked an imbalance with the CR Differential, and with what WM and AM brought to the players before it, and the game is lacking a very large imbalance now. "I Hated AM/WM" is what I posted, but I know many liked having it in place. Ive even used it on characters, make no mistake on that, and I could care regardless if that stayed or went. Ive played fine before those two things. Only thing alot of players wanted gone, was the CR differential overall. Myself included. The Stats Matters Revamp we were promised and asked for all this time was supposed to reflect the growth and progression of our stats that we Earned and Paid for over the years- in comparison to the content we ran and to the players we ran that content with that put little or no effort or work into building their own characters over time. Right now, the Stats Matter Revamp is not mattering much at all in terms of content, or in comparison to people damn near 150 sp away from others. Thats not an opinion, thats a fact, and a very large problem for our game. Ive posted on several threads that I am happy about certain things, but I will be vocal about an issue thats ruining the game for myself and many other players right now. Thanks for trol..chiming in.
    • Like x 4
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Is the game seriously such a struggle for some of you now? Or do you just want your 1234 spam back to see numbers over 30k?

I definitely understand some of the critique but some of you in this thread just don't make any sense to me.
    • Like x 5
  6. Tarif Committed Player

I want content and stats to reflect appropriately to the time, effort, and money that as a player, we have put into this game. Earned through game play and through being paying customers over the years. Our stats matter very little besides someone with no where near the same amount right now. Our stats are not mattering at all to reflect the growth and effort we put into our characters progression earned in game tier after tier and grinding for collections, styles, feats, and paid for financially through memberships, market place items, replays, collections, and even capsules. That is not the Stats Matter Revamp anyone of us were working to get or were promised and talked to about. Period. I wanted the differential gone, make no mistake about that, I could care less about peoples AMs and WMs, Ive played way before it and it never bothered me seeing it played in game or not. I do have an issue with the content and stats not mattering for our characters and all that we put into them.
    The content is do-able, but thats not what most of us earned over the years and worked for. This was literally a character wide nerf that has alot of us on the edge of canceling our memberships and wanting the problem to be remedied. No way players, new, casual, or veteran, should be having problems running older content well below their ability. Thats whats happened, because our STATS ARE NOT MATTERING MUCH at all right now.
    • Like x 6
  7. Tarif Committed Player

~Claps~

They over looked many things, and are on the verge of losing many of their oldest players as well as casual players alike by not MAKING OUR STATS MATTER MUCH AT ALL. There are too many people upset that we have lost damn near every percentage of growth and progression we have paid for and earned in game with every tier we surpassed and dollar spent for the continued growth and progression for our characters. I didnt pay for legendary membership and damn near $100+ a month in support of my character and this game for 5+ years to have a small percentage...and I mean very small....and that aint rocket science- tell me that they love the update so we have to deal with it, or adapt, or learn to play. Ive learned to play long ago, and am currently sitting at 303 sp, that I earned and paid for in game. I have a problem with what they have done to our characters, to our stats in comparison to others doing damn near the same we are doing in game even though they are 150-200 SPs off...and I certainly have a problem with how content has either been OVERLOOKED on test, which I know for a fact was brought up dozens of times to a dev, or that they had the intent to take everything we have ever earned in game and nerfed the hell out of while raising every tier of content to more ridiculous levels. Nope, not for me. This is an Imbalance that many of us want remedied quickly.
    • Like x 5
  8. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Mepps started a thread asking people to list instances / NPCs that are too hard. Maybe he's confused too...
    • Like x 2
  9. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Leveling a new alt and it's really uneven, I agree with the assessment that some instances / NPCs are inconsistent (by looking at damage logs) some of the AOEs are pretty hard to heal through given sometimes with some powers, Sorcery for example. Some of these people giving anecdotes with CRs / SP, I don't think the game is nearly as "balanced" as they think. Not gonna add to the OP healer / DPS hype but... for the tier 8 stuff, some of the real low tiers, yeah, I had no problem, especially the duos. But anyone expecting perfect given how much has changed, what update does not have hotfixes, name one in the history of the game.... please.

Update isn't all bad, I get it that you like the challenge in the content you played with your friends / league playing roles but try to be rational. What's the odds this is the first perfect launch (given how big of a change it is) of an update in the history of the game?

And if it's "obvious" you need roles now for alerts.... why leave in optional roles option in the GUI? Seems pretty obvious that warrants a MOTD and a GUI update if that's the plan.
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

OK roles are critical now in alerts & raids; that seems to be what the devs intended. The thing is there is nothing in the game to tell you how to troll/ heal/ tank. You're just told at level 10 you can now switch roles. Sure there's plenty of information in the forums and on YouTube on how to do those jobs - but it's all from players. And while most of it's helpful, some is just incorrect. Some has changed due to the revamp. What I'm recommending is that there be a short in-game tutorial to explain what you're supposed to do in your support role. I would say at level 10, except that you don't have all your powers yet, so maybe at level 30.

One other recommendation: On Duty instances should have a 'Recommended SP' along with the 'Recommended Dominance'.
    • Like x 4
  11. EvilBipolarGirl New Player

I know this is off topic but it has to be done.

Why is this they only place i can post /respond?
    For some reason I can only post on threads Mepps has started and left open?
    Please any help getting this resolved would be great ^_-
    • Like x 4
  12. NightshroudFujiwara New Player

If you say "I am CR 200 and I can't beat Paradox Wave on my own" you're proving the point that Mepps discussed a year ago. Group content should not be solo play plus 7 players doing nothing. What is the point in that? The idea is 8 people play the raid, combine skills and win. If raids are harder, then that is a good thing. If you are competitive at level in your solo and duo play you are strong enough to enter a raid - but you still need 7 other people capable of doing the same.

Low levels who struggle are struggling because high CR players "helped" them skip feats to get higher gear and a better tier. But if you got to CR 190 and you have 100 skill points or less, that is because you didn't do your feats. Instead of buying thousands of vault tickets and stabilizers you should have been grinding the feats. "Defeat 1000 paradox reapers" - sounds hard? Well that is the reason you didn't get your skills high enough. You ignored an easy to complete feat - walk in to central city and do it. The reapers even respawn very quickly. If you chose not to do that feat that is your fault.

Lastly - "I have 300 skills and I am weak" then you plain don't understand how to spec your player. There is no right way anymore, you can spec any way you want, if you choose badly - well, you chose. If you don't like the results, respec and do it again. Stop expecting the Devs to hold your hand every time something requires thought. Change your play style. Try a new role. Switch to a new power. You have options.

Daybreak didn't make this change for fun, they had a high expectation the community had the skills to adapt - if you don't have the skills find a new game.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ghoul Well-Known Player

50/50 revamp guys
  14. Dirtydogs New Player

^Respect^ revamp=clamp=no fun
    • Like x 3
  15. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

I was struggling at first, but a single defensive/heal power in your loadout makes a world of difference. So far, all of the solo content I've run, even at 189cr was done quite easily. Thanks to having all powers unlocked it's a breeze to just swap out your loadout if something doesn't feel right.

I've only returned for about a day so I'm still getting a feel for everything, but one thing is still the same.....

.....I still hate time capsules lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ashuraman Active Player

I'm pretty sure NO ONE is saying they can't beat Paradox Wave on their own. People are saying they can't beat instances IN GROUPS when they could before IN GROUPS. Content has gotten MUCH TOO HARD, and you will know this if you start a new character now, it has nothing to do with people not grinding feats or not having enough SP or even being helped by higher level players, it has to do with the devs ******* up the stats and making them, pretty much, irrelevant. Also try a new power? Why, if the same powers that were stronger before are still the strongest now? That hasn't changed one bit
    • Like x 3
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
  18. NightshroudFujiwara New Player

Really? I have seen posts about beating Nexus with 4 or 5 people. The issue is quality - a bad controller is a liability, a bad tank the same. And you only get good at those roles if you play the game how it was originally designed. Mastering the tier, then advancing. CR made everyone go up too fast and ignore feats. So you need a group that collectively can play properly. Time to stop depending on a Tier 8 player to do everything.

As for powers, every single one was upgraded so your statement makes no sense. If you don't like your setup, change it.
  19. Ashuraman Active Player

Let me pull up a post that someone made a while ago, it's a long post so bear with me a bit:
    "#1 Stats finally matter.....except they don´t.
    I have a main Sorcery Toon with 315 Sp fully modded all the bells and whistles And my husband has a Sorcery toon with 98 Sp, guess what happens when we run any content together...
    That´s right scoreboard reveals I do 4.8 mil damage to his 4.6 mill...
    Funny that lets test something else.
    I log ion my Fire dps with 189 cr and 108 Sp , love this alt.. and my friend logs on his fire dps with 200 cr and 278 Sp... well would you look at that we scored almost exactly the same in Oly...
    Stats don´t in fact matter at all. Test this yourself !
    #2 Ok well at least the powers are finally balanced...
    Yeah uhh no...
    Turns out we have some powers that are clearly stronger, Im looking at rage, nature , electric.
    Hard to get on Electrics case I mean they only left it Nerfed into Oblivion for years so it deserves something right...
    I know I know ïts not the powers its your load-outs....
    That excuse is as tired as your mom for paying your membership now hush and go do your homework.
    #3 Itś only the am noobs and wm babies that are crying haha you guys suck...
    Nope wrong again many Vets, people with over 300SP, league leaders and good community payers have real complaints about the revamp.
    Sadly some people are to thinking impaired to understand if you want the game to be better you have to be honest about its states .
    Not just blindly saying take my money bro because they release anything .
    I think we should be able to express the bad things as well as the good things about this game and the further we go either way to exaggerate the worse the game gets.
    Those are 3 decent points to ponder I guess Ide also mention that I feel cheated a lil.
    I feel like after years of grinding gear ,sp,styles,feats, just progression on my toon and alts to once again have the bar not just raised but honestly just be nerfed into essentially being a noob I feel robbed.
    Everything I have dont to get to the point I am was just erased so that i can be no better than the next guy.
    Everyone is even more cookie cutter than before just with the allusion of not being so based on rotation choices.
    I mean did you really devote all this time and money into your super hero or villain just so that now bounty's like bizzaro can push you around?"
    THIS is the real issue with the game right now, not lack of quality in player, that would be like saying vets who have been playing this game for years have suddenly lost all skill and forgot how to play, even the people that played the game before AM and WM were implemented. This update ****** the game severely
    • Like x 9
  20. NightSpells New Player

I would usually be playing DCUO right now. Instead I'm reading how others are not enjoying a game they loved anymore . To say the revamp is a total bust is wrong. Its a step towards making all powers equal . Which I'm all for . Just hope devs here the complaints and suggestions . As well as the praise for some things . To Make a revamp part two . Which will make mine and others gameplay fun again.
    • Like x 2