Dear Jack Emmert - You Answered my Question, Here's my Response "Perception".

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ringz Dedicated Player

Off topic, your signature made me laugh when I picture that big guy doing the dance.
    • Like x 1
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Welp exposed+ 123 likes...
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

What's the point of a marketplace if we can't buy these skins or auras. I honestly though that the point of time capsules was so that people could win cool items for free even if it takes time. I thought they were like lockboxes for free players (not to mention how outdated and bad lockboxes are) but these skins or auras would go up on marketplace for people to buy on the spot.

The rates are so bad (in my opinion) that you might as well just add the Phoenix material and stuff like that on the marketplace for $50.

I guess a lot of people had their hopes up just for them to be brought down. Just another example of Daybreak/DCUO trying to take money out of our pockets. Pretty smart strategy though I'll admit.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Proxystars logic is flawed, Time capsules needs to be done overtime not immediately.

The Drop Rate of the Phenoix feather and void essence is fine, if you don't like what you get you can trade for it :D (Sarcasm)

Alright I'm going into hiding now
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Im starting to see a pattern with that persons posts and another person. Really starting to think 1 person has 2 forums accounts ;)
    • Like x 4
  7. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

I am right there with you
    I turn on PS4 an hover over DCUO an think for a minute then decide to watch a movie instead. I am so sick of spending money on this game.
    Right now for a lot of players the 165 vendor gear is just not worth the effort. The 164 is so close in stats there is almost no reason to grind for the 165. I have OP ring an neck plus a few Elite so at 190. Whats the point of grinding for another 5 might or 2 dom on 165 gear?

So many players are getting bored re running same content and for almost no reward.

I really hope this stats matter revamp makes game play fun again.
    It's the same every week. Thursday, run raids, same slow rotations, know where to stand when to use trinkets, know when to use super. Now run daily and weekly 410, duo an alert. After all that I now have 34 coins lol. Wait for the following week and do the same thing. Yes I could spend an hour running daily's for a whole 8 coins!
    For what?
    So a week later I can buy a piece of gear that gives me single digit stats. At 291 Sp I really am not concerned about Sp anymore. Seasonal is mostly done unless I spend replays because there was no way to get enough marks from running it daily to complete the collection an style feats......more money
    They really really need to do something to make this enjoyable (fun) again without costing a lot of money. Because at this rate the're just loosing customers that are tired of spending money for a boring game.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You do realize his post was satire, and sarcastic, right?
  9. Professor Zoom Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

And you know how we use to counter that? After a day of pveing, you would then go to a good ol fashion fight club and end the night pvping open world/Qs/sync Qs and scrimmages... But pvp isn't an option anymore. FeelsBeardMan :(
    • Like x 2
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

For me an unmentioned point is day one contents to easy. It seems scaled for like 172cr. This makes duo really really ruffle atm
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I said sarcasm in parentheses in my original post, hence I was joking. If I really had a pattern as someone else I'd would probably be more in agreement with some of you more often, just saying.

Now your thinking I have two forum accounts. FYI; Most of the topics here are more or less the same, day in and day out.

75% topics=Time capsules.
    35% topics=Stats revamp, or stat clamping.
    10% topics=A request for some form of a lantern healer.

Thanks for showing another example of just how toxic some of you folks can be.
    • Like x 1
  13. Trick Dacy Active Player

i have opened 300+ each of both the amazon time capsule and the qwardian capsules. the drop rate are TRASH!!!! when he said that i know that everyone got insta pissed. fact of the matter is that they have full control over drop rate and they made them Terrible after to first time capsules came out and they did so on porpuse to fleece $ from us. There should NEVER be feats behind real $. these should be cosmetic only. making sure we get our $ worth? of what a mod i will never use. some bytes that i or anyone else does not need. FFS Jack i was on your side when you first came to DCUO and you talked up a big game about your ideas and plans. they looked good on paper. THIS is not what you said you would do. TEST SERVER is not what you said you would do. You have CLEARLY not learned ANYTHING from your past mistake that Tanked 2 other games. It PISSES ME OFF to see you are trying to TANK this game!
    • Like x 3
  14. inferno Loyal Player

I wonder if they were to remove the exobytes, materials and other clutter in these time capsules and just put in a capsule-specific currency in each one, that once you've accumulated enough, you can use at a Skeets vendor and just purchase any item from that particular capsule.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

Time capsules are fine as an alternative way to deliver cosmetic and other "fun" items but... are they going to be the MAIN and ONLY way to get cosmetic items? Because that is what it's looks like and would suck big time.
    You guys have a MP waiting to have releases of cosmetic items and it's been severely lacking since the first set of capsules.

I admit I didn't bought stabilizers because I'm against paying for getting random stuff but also I'm still yet to complete a collection for an aura material or style from any of the 3 different themes of the capsules doing the event on daily basis.
    And I don't have like 30 millions to get the very rare collections from the broker for every material or aura.

It's grinding, not fun or rewarding. Hope you understand the point of view of players who think like me.

Marketplace > Time capsules, even with the free stabilizers from the event and the fun (?) items, random will always be random.
  16. Pyrometers Active Player

Take pictures before the thread is removed
    • Like x 1
  17. Nodens Dedicated Player

Once again, more BS. We told you that attaching the cosmic material to a bad RNG in a purchased lottery was stupid, and pissed everybody off, and what did you do with the next one??? -unless you're telling us that driving the playerbase away from your game is your GOAL???
    • Like x 4
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Relax man. I was joking. It was a personal joke between me and proxy because we know each other and have had discussions about multiple forum accounts. Ya kinda had to be there. Basically an inside joke thing. And thats why i quoted him and not u. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    • Like x 3
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

What do people have against adding cosmetics and other fluff to the actual game to be earned in-game somehow? Nearly everyone's demand is that this stuff be added to the marketplace so it still costs extra money. I have no issues with there being stuff to buy (I have even purchased some of it) but when the main way to acquire the majority of fluff items is by throwing cash at the game in the form of RMT in addition to a subscription fee, I have a problem with that. It's what killed SWTOR for me and it's what has nearly killed DCUO for me.

Put some cool **** in the game as rewards for difficult feats or as R&D projects or anything that actually rewards people for playing the game they pay for. Perhaps this will happen in the alleged "members only" content Jack alluded to being added to the game? Put awesome cosmetics, styles, auras, materials, etc as in-game rewards and I would start paying again. As it is, the scales are tilted too far in favor of that kind of stuff costing extra and it sucks.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I don't think the majority of the folks are against cool things being in the game, most are realistic that the majority of the stuff that we like and want probably will have to be monetized... which is why we would prefer to actually get it versus waste our lives on rng.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.