Sore's Nature Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Sore, Feb 15, 2013.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Um, yeah, the second paragraph was responding to what he should do in duos. The first paragraph was about battle healing. The assumption was that he'd be in damage role in duos.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rammy Well-Known Player

Ah. I thought you were still talking about battle healing and not dpsing. Never mind.
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Battle Healing iz:
    - turn to Insectoid,
    - lunge at group of adds
    - use Savage Growth clipped HiveMind for stun and HoT
    - keep puking at adds.
    - (eventually) stop puking to cast other HoTs and strengthen them with Harvest!!

#BeAggressive #BloomIzForNubz

:D:D
    • Like x 1
  4. tinoman Dedicated Player

What i used for battle healing was savage growth, harvest, bloosom, hive mind, swarm shield and swarm and acid spit everything i could. But i haven't been nature for awhile don't know if the heals been changed and bloom is for noobs lol. Last night there was a dude in PB reg just spamming bloom over and over and his leaguemates asked me to teach him because they carried him all the way to 162cr. So he don't know how to heal so he was just using bloom over and over.
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

So, what did you do?
  6. tinoman Dedicated Player

Told him what i used when i was nature. Basically told him my loadout savage growth, harvest, blossom, hive, swarm shield and i use a free spot for sc or whatev's. But he could find whatever he likes most but he needs to figure it out himself. I just told him what i like.
  7. Warlock Well-Known Player

Yes, separate from the Battlehealing quesiton, I was also looking for a DPS loadout that worked pretty well on trash (as well as you could be expected). I had seen youtube vid from CrappyHeals where he was saying on trash something about not doing full dot rotation, since it was pointless--but that was a few months ago, so i wasn't sure if anything had changed. I saw your post seemed to take the time to load on all the dots. Crappy had suggested Flip slash -Harvest / Flip slash -v plants / Flip slash -v plants and back to FS harvest and clip carnage in whenever its off cool down (in comments of his Prison Break Last Boss vid). I'll have to play around and see what works.

The reason I asked about Battle Healing was I figured if Nature DPS is already low--and also highly precision based, then why not do dmg from healing role--at least in duos. I would be surprised if it was that much lower, and I'd be able to make the run easier by keeping my DPS partner topped off.
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

For Dps right now your best bet is the one handed flip slash. For things like duos where stuff dies real fast you can just use savage growth clip that with carnage and weapon attacks clipped with v-plants. The reason for savage growth is for the pi so voracious gets its full damage. Other then that I'd use all 3 of my dots. Relevant duos (current cr) you will prob be better off using all 3 dotss but for lower ones just sg. You'll be able to judge by how fast things die if you should use all your dots or not.

Also in duos the dps you'll do while healing is very small you'll be better off dpsing unless you feel you need some heals.
    • Like x 2
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't necessarily do all three DoTs in duos. That's how I dps in general. In duos where stuff is just gonna die (eg: imps in Wastelands Wonderland), I just do Scissorkick/Briar, and keep Hive/Carnage on cooldown. In duos where I'm fighting glass cannons (eg: Demon's Pit), the lunge SG is to CC stuff before it can hurt me, VL/Carn and Briar/Hive can be cast before the adds come back up, and then Harvest CC's them again, following that with scissor/Briar goes back to my burst until they're gone.

What Crappy is saying to do is similar to the Weapon Mastery version. If I had more armories, I'd go with his. I believe he means Serpent's Call, not Savage Growth, though. The power interaction for Voracious is Terrorized, which Serpent's Call provides. With that, I'd go combo/Serpent/carnage/hive, combo voracious, combo serpent, combo voracious, etc, with Robot Sidekick or Swarm out. Actually, the only reason I stopped doing that was power issues, my DW WM being too slow for most content, and finding better numbers in raids with the DoTs.
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Na i meant Savage growth, SG provides a pi for v-plants as well. It works good for small content cause its a aoe dot plus a knock up and gives you the pi. Serpents aoe stinks and personally i hate the power and animation lol.
  11. Sam Hannah Well-Known Player

I wish they would shorten the dove tail of Serpent Call, because when you cast it, the boss does a skull you need to block, you can't block out of it and your stuck with your hands in about to die.
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I see, it works for things with poisons as well. Maybe that was just an issue back when the WM crit was really important to people. Maybe after weapons get adjusted again, it'll be an important distinction again. Doubtful, though.
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The thing was if you put any poisons out you didn't get the WM crit but since we're using reg weapon combos these days you don't have to worry about that.

And honestly i think the whole terror pi thing for nature was a terrible idea. The only terror was using that loadout lol
    • Like x 2
  14. Unida Dedicated Player

ok so whats the current hype (lol) nature dps plan of attack?

I mostly heal, but when i do get a chance to dps in lower content where my OPness massively covers over the powers inability to do end-game high level damage, im using human form with....

savage growth ->> vine lash ->> briar ->> thorn burst/ball thing which gets 3 dots n spreads
    then swarm clipped with carnage (or the other way around? whichever one clips the other...)
    then 1h flip slash clipped with either briar or or the swarm/carnage clip when off cool down, or thorns to re-up the dots.

am i missing anything?

also, should i do the swarm/carn thing before applying the dots?

god i wish the dps was better, its a lot of fun - but so much active work to get low tier results.

if they buffed the dots by 100-150% it might just solve things in conjunction with the weapon pass
  15. Rammy Well-Known Player

My favorite thing about nature is there are a few ways to get the best damage out of it. We're not stuck in a 100 percent cookie cutter loadout.

Anyway you've got an idea how to use SG,VL,brair,harvest,swarm,carnage in a loadout but are just a little off.
    First use swarm clip carnage just before the fight starts. This will give you a little extra damage while you stack your dots.
    Next lunge into range then SG,VL,brair,harvest to apply and spread your dots.
    Now your weapon comes into play. I use 1-hand's flip slash or handblaster's scissor kick. Alternate clipping with briar and harvest. Clip your attack with swarm clipped with carnage when they come off of cooldown.

You can also try swapping swarm for voracious plants. Alternate clipping your weapon attacks with VP and harvest instead of briar, and clip any power with carnage when it gets off cooldown.

I'm pretty sure there are other ways too but those are my favorite.
  16. Unida Dedicated Player

ok cool, so basically what im doing just with the carnage clip first.

does VP net more dmg than swarm?
  17. Rammy Well-Known Player

In my experience the difference is so small it's not even noticeable. Swarm tends to do slightly better against single targets because it's damage splits kinda weird. VP tends to be slightly better against large groups.
  18. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

for adds that are going to die fast, i'd do as crappyheals suggested. start off with your 1h combo then clipped with sg and carnage. then combo again and burst with vp till adds are dead. on bosses or high health adds, again, start with weapon combo but proceed to stack your 3 dots, then clip briar with carnage. weapon combo into vp, weapon combo in harvest to refresh and/or finally spread. the dots from nature are seriously minimal atm. always try to find a way to execute your weapon attacks as soon and as often as possible.

the only time these days that i use swarm is when a troll is not present. i replace vp with swarm and never run out of power doing so. all the while, flip slashin away.
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Im getting the feeling that they gonna buff weapons so much that speccing towards more Precision will be mandatory.
  20. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions at this point since we don't even know what the vision of weapons will be. For example will "melee" combos actually be given melee cones (7m). Will pure ranged combos stay at range and some obscure combo become midrange. Will Weapon Mastery combos (damage only not the criticals) become superior compared to the normal "long" combos. Etc.

However even when Weapon Mastery combos were superior I was still doing quite well with a more or less balanced spec.