Raid etiquette.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VV, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

So let me get this straight (which for those of you who actually know me is beyond difficult), you expect me to juggle too MMO's, cook my own dinner, save earth and Eorzea and somehow remember which useless debate were supposed to have on these forums every time?

I mean come on the cooking I can handle, juggling two mmo's check, saving is my middle name but trying to pay attention to the way that useless arguments happen is where I draw the line Migraine :D

Oh well in the spirit of me messing up yet again, I say we move forward five years in our arguments (in honor of season 2 of justice being on neftlix now) so that we can have our "what powers are currently OP" argument revolving around wind and sound powers.

:p
    • Like x 3
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

now I'm waiting for someone to interject the 'why don't we have blue lanterns yet it's been a decade!' thread.
  3. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm a good PS player!

I think... :\
    • Like x 1
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Lol the game is struggling, PC side was near extinct, and in an effort to save it all it gets spat in the face.

Sad.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

You're not eating babies, we're cool.
  6. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

In all seriousness though.

You aren't helping, at all. I agree with what Kimone was saying, this is a cleverly (and I say that lightly) disguised PS vs PC thread. You're used to playing a certain way, and you know what we get that. There's definitely a culture shock going on right now and PS players are sympathetic but that's where it stops. I am here to tell you that it comes off as entitled, and the whining needs to end.

It's very selfish that people come forth on forums shouting stuff like "you PS kids need to do X Y and Z because it wasn't like this on PC!" It's tough to say this is reality now. And PS players don't demand anything of you. We don't ask you to be okay with hate speech or swearing or kicking. When we say you gotta deal with it that's nothing more than being an adult. Adults face problems every day. If you don't wanna ignore people who annoy you don't come on here and claim people should compromise for you when you won't even do what's mature.

There was a thread the other day, some guy getting uptight because people on PS didn't wanna play how he did so they left. They didn't kick him they left. And he comes on here and gets pats on the shoulder for saying stuff like he sent them a nasty tell and blocked them. The childishness has got to stop.
    • Like x 4
  7. VV Dedicated Player

I'm confused. So all that I get for expressing my views about an actual set of encounters I had in my 6-7 months of game-play against one raid group and a common set of players ( simplified: Directed towards those who don't follow it ) led to me being demonized for calling out a name?
    I directed this post towards the ones who needed etiquette. Keep your inferences to yourself and stop trying to start arguments over PC and PS. The fact that you step on every time when someone shows agreement and try to emphasize over one silly mistake trying to get some attention and fun with a cascade of mutually destructive discussions is pathetic. I'm looking at you. The ones who do not have a need to reply/interact with this post ( the ones with Raid etiquette ) playing a vital role in bumping the post is kind of annoying . If your intentions were actually true, you'd have sent me a private message to edit the post instead of blathering pretentious nonsense and spewing your troll juice over everything.
    Your major advice to me was " Is it bothering you? Well tough **** ". Well why be an advocate of irony by posting it on here?
    If you have an opinion that would start another series of posts making Ad hominem arguments over each other, kindly keep it to yourself. If you still live in your delusion where " OP bad ; OP say PS bad ; Make OP look bad ; Etiquette? **** it " ..... It's the same thing over and over again. I think you get my point. Stop it. Offense is a fickle thing. To be offended is a choice you made, it wasn't imposed or inflicted on you by someone or something else. Well la dee daa. Learn to let go of things ( I'm looking at you ).
  8. VV Dedicated Player

I am still willing to edit things in the OP but I don't think anyone pointed out that I should. If you still think that I should edit anything, feel free to quote and PM me instead of starting another spat.
  9. khonsshadow Well-Known Player

I don't see anything wrong with your post. I think we as a community need to find a middle ground.
  10. VV Dedicated Player

The post is titled "Raid etiquette" for a reason. I think the middle-ground is blatantly obvious.
  11. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

What you said is to stop doing things you don't like, that's no middle ground that's preference.
    • Like x 1
  12. khonsshadow Well-Known Player

Oh trust me I know. I am a PS player and I have the very same feelings as you ....hell my entire league does. We have welcomed our PC brothers and sisters and even made changes to our voice chat to go push to talk
    • Like x 2
  13. khonsshadow Well-Known Player

Also we don't tolerate the D.C. dj's
  14. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Silliness happens a lot on these forums, I myself have been guilty from it from time to time but let's not call things chickens when they're a duck. You started off by fingering what party you considered to blame, ie PS players, and ended your post by saying "Almost everyone from PC has similar complaints". Now towards the end of this you're acting like everyone made a mountain out of a mole hill.... are you telling me you don't think that's silly? Really?

I am sorry you've had problems and they are real ones, but PS folks have "issues" with some of the way viewpoints... that doesn't mean we should point fingers at each other.. we need to find common ground and find a way to integrate into each other's lives in a healthy manner. Your post, in the manner you used it as, is not helping that cause but hindering it... if you need to vent perhaps try doing so without pointing fingers, I'm pretty sure you could have gotten the point you wanted without doing so. At the very least than we wouldn't have ended up here, right :D
    • Like x 5
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Who are you actually talking to here? Anyone in particular or are you just complaining some more?
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

You, I like.
  17. SheerFaith Committed Player

(off-topic)
    It makes me sick to see that some players got 2 or even 3 Op pieces.Srsly..this suxxs!!
  18. Sbel Devoted Player

You're assuming that any of those people read the forum. Why would you assume that?
    • Like x 1
  19. VV Dedicated Player

Farming :)
  20. VV Dedicated Player

Yeah, appreciated :)