The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

If you're interested, here are some of the translated Endcard species rundown
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just had to again :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Yui Loyal Player

Just saw this fan-made crossover opening of AnoHana and BokuMachi:

I think it's pretty well done.
    • Like x 1
  5. Quintus Adrien Well-Known Player

I just started FMA: Brotherhood too. So good.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Sorry to snip, but that was a lot of images. LOL

Thanks for sharing that, though. What was cool is that Hulu not only had the endcards but they also had pretty much the same translations on the endcards as what you showed. If I remember right it was one of the simulcasts that ended up being 3-4 weeks behind the original broadcast, so I guess that gave Sentai Filmworks some extra time to do the translations and include them for the Hulu broadcast endcards (dunno if they were in place for simulcasts on other streaming sites).

The nice thing was it was for the whole run of the show, so they also had the translations for the MON girls and their species, as well as some of the others that showed up later on (dryads, dragonewts, devils, etc). Your sharing was a lot easier to deal with, though. Less pausing of the show and all that. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

The manga Mob Psycho 100, from One-Punch Man creator One, is getting an adaptation.

Mob Psycho 100 follows a junior high student who has powerful psychic powers and is filled with a wry visual style.

The studio Bones is handling the adaptation, which was announced last December, and the anime is slated to air this year.
  8. Yui Loyal Player

Sorry for the really long picture. I figured that you guys might be interested in it. I didn't make this by the way.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

Accurate as hell on all of those.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not going to quote and add even more :p

Do understand the concept of the post, just not exactly sure what some of it meant (but that's probably due to not knowing what some of them are :( )
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not 100% sure I agree with the Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun one, but the Neon Genesis Evangelion one pretty much nailed it.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, the US release of Lord Marksman and Vanadis happened, and I picked it up for myself.

Overall it's a pretty good pack. I've yet to check all the special features (some chibi shorts and episode commentaries in particular), but they did a good job with the release. The visual quality is really good and clear and the show looks all the better for it. Also, the English dub was well-cast and I didn't find myself saying, "Eh, that voice doesn't seem to work" once. Plus, the English dub goes a long way towards helping to follow the political intrigue elements of the show and the explanations of the battles and tactics used. For me it was easier to hear the explanations in English than to try and digest them while reading the subtitles during the simulcast, so mileage may vary on that from person to person.

The one big flaw of the show was something that reared its head during the simulcast, and it was kind of made worse with the nice, clear transfer to Blu-Ray. The CGI they used in the show for the large battles was good at a distance, but the models' movement looked clunky and off even slightly up close, and it really pops out in high def. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's something that makes or breaks the show, but it is something that can easily be a distraction.

Decent show with a decent release, overall.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

16. Yui Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Yui Loyal Player

18. omegahawk74 Committed Player

I loved watching Dragon ball and my kids also love watching a wide mix of anime shows and movies.
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just as a question of curiosity and perception, is it just me or has the winter season of anime been kind of lacking in a standout show? The past couple of seasons there were at least one or two per season that kept people talking, but there really hasn't been anything that's jumped out at me so far for the winter season.
  20. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Did you still not check out the unrivaled top of the season BokuMachi/Erased?
    I personally am amazed at how good it is. Only other winter season I watched are Ajin and Phantom world, with Phantom world being a huge disappointment from KyoAni. I wanted to try Active Raid too but saw some horrible reviews so I'll put it off until it finishes airing.