DCUO Census Data

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't, but I'd go to the zoo more often!
    • Like x 4
  2. Buckley Loyal Player

negativity, negativity everywhere.
  3. Feenicks New Player

Preach, brother! This is my reasoning exactly!
    • Like x 4
  4. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Well if i say so myself, i'm a little ticked at this... Mostly because there is no opt out system...
    • Like x 6
  5. Fel1x90 New Player

People who do NOT Pug and just running with their league shouldn't even have the right to comment here. The only players that could be effected negatively by this app are the ones who Pug.

I haven't read everything here but some posts who are against this app are just hilarious and should be removed to the funhouse forum section.
    • Like x 2
  6. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

That is equally true for some of the "for" comments.
    • Like x 10
  7. Feenicks New Player

I have over 140 SP and I'm dead set against this!
    • Like x 5
  8. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

:eek: only 140? Hang your head in shame Feenicks! Hang your head in shame!
    • Like x 2
  9. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Actually, he said "over 140". :p

I have no problem with displaying generic stats, stuff you could see from an 'in-person' inspect, I DO have a problem with all of the 'date-related' information... including how many hours I've played, character create date, etc. I will also have a problem if they began creating their "lists" like was mentioned early on- "most ignored", etc. I don't think DCUO would allow this anyway, but to think some of these APP creators were actually contemplating it is scary. Oh, and I also don't think people need to know my "last location", do they really need to know where I was last located? How does this HELP in game play?!?

I think that is the entire point many people are making... much of this data is NOT AT ALL useful in actual game play. Some data, such as what could be gathered from an 'in-person' inspect is fine, it's already out there... but most of this other information is just an invasion of information that no other player 'needs to know' in order to play the game with someone else.
    • Like x 3
  10. Luminescence New Player

I don't see the issue with you knowing when I created my character or when I last played my character. Nor do I care you know how long I have been playing (hours). So what, I created this character in 2012, and I played 3000+ hours on this character, how does this hurt you or me?
    • Like x 1
  11. winter13 New Player

You are correct....my 108cr 170sp toon gets carried through content all the time, and I regularly need to lie about my skill points. Seriously???? Just because players want to opt out of this does not mean they lie about their cr or get carried through content. Please come up with a better reason to support this than "if you are against it you have something to hide - low skill points, low cr, bad player that gets carried all the time".

Smh....
    • Like x 5
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

I don't plan on reading 23 pages of good and bad reviews. I will just give my thoughts and opinions.
    I understand both sides of the discussion. I understand all concerns.
    I, myself, do not particularly care if my information is revealed. I have nothing to "hide". This is something they should have come forth with sooner, but it is what it is. I understand that my sub gives me the privilege to create a character and play it on the SOE servers. That they basically own my character and anything it does. As long as my actual RL info isn't given out, I have no concern over this.
    • Like x 2
  13. Feenicks New Player

I don't pug and I only run with my league and allies. So why should my data be available to anyone outside of that circle?
    • Like x 6
  14. Char Well-Known Player

What exactly results from someone knowing your last location; they can look at your character and teabag it or throw barrels at it? How serious is someone knowing your last login time when they can just add you to their friend list and see exactly when you log on/off? I suppose total playtime could be displayed on your character select screen, but I see no issue with the rest of the currently available information.
  15. winter13 New Player

I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but this issue is actually more divisive than the cash cap!!!

I didn't think anything would eclipse that in how it divides the community.
    • Like x 7
  16. Feenicks New Player

Imagine the divide if the Devs sign off on this completely.
    • Like x 5
  17. Magician Dedicated Player

Question: Is the infomration you listed the ONLY stats you are planning to release?

My concern is someone in the other thread about listing characters alts as well, which I don't think would be a good idea.

Thanks
    • Like x 3
  18. Feenicks New Player

They already said no alts and no friends list. :)
    • Like x 3
  19. winter13 New Player

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how are they determining which is your main, and which are your alts?? Are they using your first character created as your main? The toon with the highest stats? The toon you've logged the most hours on?
  20. Alpha XXX New Player

ooi for those who see this a problem are there specific stats you object to, ie is there a slimmed down set of data that could be presented to avoid concern, because I do see this as a foundation to a greater database plugging some of the omissions from the original design (much of which other games make readily available).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.