Allow inspect into SP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GrooveThief, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tre Day New Player

Hate to break this to you, but not being able to see a person's SP is not the reason why the community is awful, which is what Feenick's comment was about. Your comment is more akin to how bad the community is: thinking that something like SP is the biggest measure to whether a group succeeds or fails. It's not a matter of selfishness; if it was something that needed to be known to get into instances, I'm pretty sure it would've been put in the very moment this game came online. It's not.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tule New Player

Yes, and SP and CR are ways of assessing potential performance before wasting time. Or did you forget how it took people to glitch to beat Nexus and Dox when people were beating it legitimately? No no one needs to glitch either one. I wonder why that is? Could it be they all have better gear and the missions were made easier? No one who can only beat Nexus now has skill. They have CR/SP/Nerfed Content. It easier to rely on someone when you have more information about them. To say otherwise is simply wrong.
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You're free to ask me my CR, you're free to ask me my SP. If you're not satisfied with my answers, you're also free to kick me. You can inspect me and look at my gear which is the only determining factor that the developers have said go into whether or not someone can queue. If the SP makeup of a group is so vital to you being able to finish the instance, you shouldn't be pugging.
    • Like x 4
  4. Tule New Player

1. Never said or implied any of that.

2. Yeah, because everything that was needed was put in at the start. You remember the CR requirements for Arkham Asylum back in teh day? Oh.. wait..
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

What does and doesn't qualify as accountability can vary, though. To me, being accountable to a group means I take responsibility for my actions and mistakes in how I play in that group setting. If I make a mistake, I own up to it.

For others, it seems to mean full and complete disclosure about your character, including CR and skill point totals. Kind of pointless to me because they're just numbers. They won't tell you anything concrete about how a player plays their power/weapon set, how they play their role and where their strengths and weaknesses in gameplay are.

To me, actions trump the numbers easily.
    • Like x 4
  6. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

Hopefully any mod come and lock this thread because this is completely pointless, only those who feel superior and feel like they wanna show how Beast and strong will agree with this nonsense idea which I find disgusting.
    • Like x 3
  7. Tule New Player

Again, there is no reason not to show them. Again. I don't want people seeing my powers. People discrimate on powers. I don't want people to see my weapons, they discrimnate on weapons. I don't want people to see my ultily belts, they discriminate on consumables. I don't want people to see my pot tick, they discriminate on that. I don't want people to see what moves I use, they discriminate on that.
    I want to be a giant censored block that is just in the party and you have to assume I'm not dead. Because if my health drops too much or too often people discriminate against that. Doubt they were watching to know if I stood in aoe or if it was just raid wide damage or bad luck.

All of these are no less ridiculous than SP. Because you're right. SP doesn't matter to the degree that people think it does. But to the people it does matter too it does matter to. If it doesn't matter to you than, okay. And if the people it matters to are so bad then you don't have to play with them. I assume the people that are annoyed with me wouldn't want to play with me. So then when I check you for SP and comment on it, you can choose not to play with me.
  8. Tule New Player

Most biased opinion in this thread. No argument, no reasoning, just leading descriptions.
    • Like x 1
  9. Crimson Jonni New Player

You're kidding right? I find it highly ironic that you claim that that attitude is why the community is so awful when you know full well that the same people who believe its selfish will turn around and use that knowledge for exclusion. Its not selfish, and people arent obligated to tell someone thats private info as far as stats are concerned. Think about it; if the devs wanted everyone to see stats sp and ect dont you think they wouldve done this a LONG time ago?
    Its sad people have had to lie to play content just because people have their own requirements on how much sp someone should have. As i've said before, you pay your money you' ve got every right to play any content. If someone wants to share stats its fine, but if they dont it shouldnt matter to you at all. Just because someone has less sp than you doesnt make them any less valuable
    • Like x 4
  10. Tule New Player

Yes, thats been my point, but because this thread has ridiculous people in it that don't understand the other side of the argument I have only been pushing my side, as everyone else pushes only their side. An idea that I heard in an old thread was to make it optional. You don't want to show your CR/SP? Then don't. But when I inspect you I should be able to see that you have it blacked out and if you lied to me you can flash it on real quick and let me see. If you don't want to, okay, see ya later. No harm no foul.
  11. Tule New Player

What makes it private? That is can't be shown currently? Well then..

Again, there is no reason not to show them. Again. I don't want people seeing my powers. People discrimate on powers. I don't want people to see my weapons, they discrimnate on weapons. I don't want people to see my ultily belts, they discriminate on consumables. I don't want people to see my pot tick, they discriminate on that. I don't want people to see what moves I use, they discriminate on that.
    I want to be a giant censored block that is just in the party and you have to assume I'm not dead. Because if my health drops too much or too often people discriminate against that. Doubt they were watching to know if I stood in aoe or if it was just raid wide damage or bad luck.

And again, CR wasn't always in the game either. Not visable. Not able to support a lock out.
    • Like x 1
  12. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This is my point, you can ask me, and trust me or not trust me accordingly. If you don't trust me, kick me.
    • Like x 1
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

That is why I agree to a majority of the post.

The problem with a thread like this one, is everybody will come with a made up something which was why I came out like I did.

It can only be an opinion because a matter of thought will go into how a person wants to build a group, then they will seek out who they want and do it like they want when they get in the content most are not wanting surprises.

I have somebody that I had helped on occasion he was far lower in tier and a kid, I can tell he was a kid due to his immaturity.
    Anyway invited me to a group that he was in it had a couple of people in it they were they type that were going to go 8 man FOS1 with no heals and No tanks and really wanted a beast player to carry them.

Anyway the kid starts up "Hey Lord I just got kicked from Nexus, I was trying to see how far I can go" ah on second thought I'd PM you the rest it was funny.
  14. Rebornthunder New Player

Then what is the point of lying in the first place. People usually lie about their sp to save their a**. When you que for a mission, the requirement is CR, not SP. So if i want to do a mission but the elitist people want an SP requirement of ....lets say 120 and i only have .....lets say 90, then im going to lie make sure im not kicked from the mission
  15. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

The community has spoken and their answer is simple....they don't want it, so I'm just gonna leave from this thread because is not doing any good for me to talk with people that only wants to benefit themselves.

Have a nice day and don't wasted your time replying because I'm done here.
    • Like x 2
  16. Tule New Player

Kind of the point. Don't lie. If you want to play with "elitist" then be an elite. If you are using "elitist" negatively than you don't need to be around them or use them for your own gains. Play with people with your own values. That way maybe you can make a league or some friends and stop soloing an MMO..
    • Like x 1
  17. Tule New Player

I would gain literally no benefits from this system. The only reason I am replying it because of the close minded statements like yours. You have your opinion? Thats fine, don't bog it down with biased languages. Same thing with the league thread. I have no problems with people worried about the negative effects of league boosts, but when you act like the entire system is awful and it will make the sky fall because it could possibly hurt you? That is selfish. That is only "wanting benefits for themselves".
  18. Rebornthunder New Player

When people usually pug, they run into elitist, and they have their own requirements for you to join/stay in the mission. For myself, I am in a league but i have a low amount of SP, i dont mind if they see or know cause they are willing to help me get up to a decent number. If im pugging and people are able to view my SP then i will be kicked
  19. Tule New Player

Then don't run with them. Its so ironic that people are in here saying "the community has spoken". If the COMMUNITY has spoken, if the COMMUNITY TRULY does not want this. That means more people agree you YOU. Find those people. Don't take away from people that don't agree with you because they don't agree with you.
  20. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Thank you OP. I noticed that the tides of war event was going on again and seeing as I switched over from the PS3 to Pc this year if I wanted to get my pet Kracken again I'd have to download this game again. I come onto the forums to check and see what's changed on this game since it downgraded itself to 1 point above a point n click MMO with weapon mastery and the nerfing every weapon and my favorite powerset again (gadgets) for like the millionth time. Then I remember its because of people like you that this game will never reach its potential and cancel the reinstall.

Maybe they'll bring back the rewarding fast paced combat that required reflexes, prediction, knowledge and skill, but with players like you being the driving force I doubt it. All it is now is an endless stat grind circle jerk. All you need to succeed is that stats. The last ounce of skill required went out the window with weapon mastery.

As it is now, I think it would be better as a bot driven game.

Ha, I just remembered about buying skill points too.

Anyways, you have fun ruining the game, whining about powers being OP, Nerfing the **** outta everything, excluding as many people as you can, blaming others for your failure and calling yourself elite. Players like you already took out the most fun aspect of this game. You just killed my desire to give it another chance.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.