GU38: Electricity Improvements

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson Jonni New Player

I was hoping that there would be alternative routes power wise instead of how restrictive the rotations are. Woth the exception of voltaic bolt which is the dot refresher, everything has to follow suite in order to fully utilize the AM, which doesnt allow for much versatility. Pre gu38, i was stack e. Genesis and electrocute simultaneously whilst i used wm to gain burst damage until i had to reapply my dots. I feel like the mechanic wouldnt be so bad if we werent given single options on some mechanic interactions.
  2. Petralka Well-Known Player

I hope this is a bug because I'm not happy with this revamp. I feel way weaker than I was before, please put electrocute back to how it was before and increase the damage for the dots because I'm not getting any decent damage :confused:
  3. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

I'm getting non crits on static push immediately after a WM inside of the crit window without any DoTs up. Will test further to confirm.

Edit: definitely bugged. Unless it's the sparring target that is bugged. But my HL toon always received a crit within the window. I'll test in a alert or high level open world enemies.
    • Like x 3
  4. August Wisdom New Player

I honestly don't mean to sound mean-spirited or inflammatory, but I will never understand why you devs bother to work so hard to deliver something that players clearly stated they neither want nor appreciate. Present low damage anomalies aside, why are you asking us now how we feel about the Electric update when there are literally hundreds of posts between test and other forums telling you that we didn't want this? I can tell you right now that my reaction to GU38 after release is as disappointed and underwhelmed as it was prior to release (if not moreso). We told you in detail exactly every problem we had with it. And you went ahead with it anyway. So please, first of all, spare us the "based on feedback" nonsense. What I wanted might not have been the same as what everyone else wanted, but there was a fair consensus that what you had planned did not reflect any of our feedback.

If DCUO is your labor of love and this is simply how you want it, then so be it. But realize that it's the height of hubris to shove this on to us despite our protests and expect us to welcome it with open arms. I realize the majority of the community doesn't give a hoot. But of those of us who do, practically none of us were jumping for joy for this. And a good number were in a state of despair. A despair that, despite holding out a small measure of hope that we would be proven wrong, has in fact become real.

<edit out further agitated rambling>

Anyway, sorry I had to get that off my chest. Here's some feedback.

The Good:

1. Range.

The Bad:

1. Everything else.

The Possible Solutions:

1. Remove all WM exclusions from the individual dot powers. Exclusion should ONLY be in effect if we're using the AM VB refresh.

2. Increase the damage of the AM dot to be notably greater than the sum of its parts.

3. Increase the duration of the AM dot before it needs to be refreshed.

4. Return Tesla Ball's electrifying properties.

5. Fix Static Push.

DOTs are not an "awesome" mechanic. DOTs by themselves are useless in 99% of the game. I picked a DOT heavy power knowing this. So at least, in the few and far between moments that everyone else isn't face-melting my targets away before my DOT even reaches 1/5 of its damage potential, let me shine. High mag obscene DOT ticks over an obscene duration.

The refresh right now shaves off all of what ... 3-4 seconds off my restack cycle? It's not like it took very long to stack dots in the first place. If you're going to insist on DOT AM mechanics, then it has to be mind-blowing in its tick and duration in order to compete with manually DOT stacking + WM crits (which we SHOULD still be able to do if we so choose).
    • Like x 5
  5. Melas Level 30

Can not check but does dots still overwrite by others players?
  6. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Ok fought several terrifying sorceress in Gotham under siege and several times I hit the WM crit window, heard ping sound, and saw no crit. No DoTs up, not even using any other powers. Also these non crits we're not large in there damage either, each was below 1000. And the damage done to an enemy that actually crits with the polarized pi is not that great either.
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

So what would be a good loadout for Electricity Range loadout using AM and WM? Because right now, Im so confused. I did Electroburst, Electrogenesis, then Voltaic Bolt. Did WM, then VB again, and no might damage is ticking what so ever. Any suggestions?
  8. Blaston3 New Player

Wow!! This power is OP!!!!!
    The damage is definitely there I've out damaged everyone I've played with so far including rage nature sorcery all 106cr all the top dps powers been nothing to electricity. All you need is skill points and a sparring target to try different rotations. I beat a 106 rage dps by 1mill in damage not long ago doing the t6 alert.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Antares New Player

Honestly Electric needed a revamped but you screwed the pooch on this one. You guys worry so much on the dynamics of the powers themselves, how bout fixing the hud bug. Electricity only need two things, a power consumption reduction and a buff. If not give me a respec token, I won't spend another dime for bs. This game has great potential, just don't want it to suck.
  10. Lord Antares New Player

Mind sharing a loadout? I have 146sp and it feels nerfed.
  11. Aerith Rose Committed Player

1) Celestial, HL, and Rage can NOT use AM and WM at the same time.

WM only gives a crit to the first part of the power "might portion". The combo portion "precision portion" of a power does not get the crit bonus of WM. My main is celestial dps and I can tell you I have been struggling to keep up not getting ahead.

2) Please stop trying to further damage other powers. Focus on making Electric better, not making other powers worse.
    • Like x 1
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

You beat a Rage DPS with Elec by 1mill ? Yep he sucked balls.
    • Like x 2
  13. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

So far dps seems ok hit 3 mill in t6 i have a question about wired and might bonus Doesn't seem to interact well with eg sometimes it still hits 200 and i thought burst damage with wired & sp and wm crit would have been 3000 eazy barely seeing 1900crit but cool down is a nice change
  14. Blaston3 New Player

That's what I thought until I beat another rage dps in survival by 3 mill lol
  15. Aerith Rose Committed Player

1) It seems electric's potential for burst damage may be lower than what it was. Further testing has to be done.

2) Voltaic bolt should have a burst component to its damage.

The single burst hit should not be insanely high, but higher than a tick. This single burst hit should get the WM crit. All dot ticks should NOT get the WM crit bonus. The actual value of the burst hit has to be considered carefully as if it is to high it will unbalance other powers.

Similar change should be done for Nature Harvest.
  16. Lord Antares New Player

Mind sharing a loadout? I have 146sp and it feels nerfed.
    So school me or are you bad at that?
  17. Blaston3 New Player

What server you play on?

Villain or hero?
  18. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah I see what you're doing now. Move alone guys just another one under the bridge.
  19. Lord Antares New Player

I'm on heroes LORDxANTARES
  20. ASH New Player

- celestial, rage, hl can have dots, their combo mechanic and weapon mastery. so they have 3 options....electric can only use 1. i DONT want that to be changed. i only want more options for electric.

- electrical can not use any dot or they will lose weapon mastery crits. i am not talking about the upgraded dots, i am talking about the low tics, each powerset has.

- electrical is very limited on its loadout options. you can go for a full burst loadout OR a dot loadout.

electroburst, electrogenesis and electrocute are low dots. we should be able to use them WITH weapon mastery bonus. i am not talking about the dots itself getting the crit bonus. but if I have any of these dots running I should get the crit bonus for my next burst superpower after I have performed successfully a weapon mastery combo.

The only way we should lose the weapon mastery bonus is when we use our “awesome mechanic” which means stacking and upgrading our dots with voltaic bolt.

i have no idea, why this is so hard to understand and why people are defending the disappointing electric revamp.

that being said, electric dps was stronger before the revamp and only the healing side has been improved.

period.

thanks.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.