Robot Sidekick Universe Online?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mick Nugget, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Mick Nugget New Player

Since WM came out, more and more powers are being forced into using that annoying Robot Sidekick instead of their powers' unique pseudo-pet powers.

My nature toon looks like a nature toon and his powers come from nature. He conjures up huge carnivorous plants that stun and encase bad guys and autumn leaves fly out from his hands whenever he uses his powers to fight the forces of evil lol. That was the whole point of making a specialized toon to me. Few things more annoying than looking at this robot next to my nature themed character I've built all the way to t6.

I see Ice dps's fully Ice themed and stylized running around bringing down hailstorms, blizzards, wintry tempests with godlike Iceman type powers and a little, puke green robot hovering next to their icy looking superhero at all times and I can't help but laugh.

I look at my poor Celestial toon, whose supposedly godlike powers of celestial omnipotence struggling so hard to get a WM might crit above 2k that she, in her golden celestial glory, is being stalked day and night by a little green hovering security drone that fits nowhere into her style whatsoever and never would for any functionally aesthetically plausible reason.

To keep it short, this is a pattern I'm seeing become more prevalent ever since WM came to the forefront, and even more so as more and more powers are being excluded from the WM might crit bonus.

Dps players from more and more powersets are being forced to have to drag a robot sidekick around to fill the empty space in their loadout where one of their special, unique powerset powers really should be instead.

Look, I'm not asking for every power in every powerset to be allowed, but at the very least, Consider giving back Nature's Swarm if I'm not stacking any other dots besides Swarm. Swarm is my sidekick. Swarm is nature's special pseudo pet power. It doesn't give a yellow might tick like the AM ticks do. Harvest does not refresh Swarm.

Swarm can't be refreshed the way any of the dots that make up the Awesome Mech known as dot stacking/auto refreshing can.

Nature's innate buff has always been a precision buff. That is getting nerfed in GU38. Now is as good a time as any to change Swarm so that it can be used in that empty slot I have in my WM loadout since I can only use the (basically) two powers I'm allowed to use while getting the WM bonus.

I don't think that's asking for much.

Adjustments have been made to exclude powers for specific reasons, so theres no reason adjustments can't be made to include a few select powers for this specific reason. Having choose some generic robot sidekick over our own powerset's unique, RP friendly powers that are not a a part of or do not interact with any of the WM Awesome Mechanics is not awesome at all, imo.
    • Like x 8
  2. kawe Loyal Player

Never used RS, never will.
    And I BARELY see ppl using him, in league and elsewhere.

I'd say I see RS as much as I see HL shield.
    • Like x 6
  3. AzraelR Committed Player

I have no problem with that. I like pets. And my celestial don't have pets. The problem is that there is only one iconic robot style. The ideal is add different robot iconic STYLE for every power of the game.

Celestial - Angel or Demon (maybe you can choice, why not?)
    Gadget - Can be the iconic robot equal.

Just examples.
    It makes no sense all use a unique robot style.
    • Like x 5
  4. BumblingB I got better.

No one is forced to use Robot Sidekick. I don't. I am earth and I don't even use Crystal nor Brick. My loadout doesn't even use an SC.
    • Like x 9
  5. Alexonic Committed Player

my robot sidekick is more useful than my inferno cause i don't need to cast it everytime...so i can cast an extra burst damage like detonate...burst damage > inferno...inferno = useless

so no more inferno in my loadout, welcome robot sidekick
  6. MyrVell Committed Player

Use of robot sidekick disabling weapon mastery crits coming in 3...2...1...
    • Like x 11
  7. Radiohead New Player

I am Earth and i use Robot Sidekick in one armory dedicated to single target. mostly used for single bosses in TD
  8. Peach4saints Committed Player

Wow you people find every little thing to complain about.
    You don't have to use robot sidekick,you know that right?!
    Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing ,so what if you saw an ice dps using it,it's their toon,their choice.
    Post like these get powers ruined and messes it up for people that actually likes using them.
    • Like x 11
  9. JohnTitorPlanck New Player

What's with placing universe online after everything. (WM universe online and Arrow Fling universe Online for example)
    • Like x 5
  10. BrownMamba New Player

I hate that lil robot will never use it no matter what because it doesn't fit my play style.
  11. Mick Nugget New Player

That's good to hear. Must be just me seeing it all over the place then, especially with nature, ice and celestial toons. Hopefully I am wrong and we don't see other powers incorporating the robot as more and more powers become excluded from the WM might crit bonus.

Agreed, If there was a way to customize the Robot Sidekick in just about any way, I wouldn't be so annoyed by it's presence in my nature loadout lol. But I think asking for Swarm is a more doable option than making RS fully customizable.

Yes everyone is!

I'm kidding. Nah, nobody is forced to even log in, but as more and more powers get excluded from the WM might crit bonus, our options are undeniably limited when it comes to filling the empty slot with a power that will provide damage without interfering with the wm bonus.

Hey, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic lol.

lol
  12. Anima Committed Player

I never use it and don't see many others using it...
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Can only happen if they made Robot Sidekick into an enhanced pet. Currently his attacks are all single target. So the difference between him and Fury/Crystal is that they have a massive AoE attack that does even more damage with a PI setup. They also can be repowered and shielded with a power from your powerset. There is none of that in the iconics tree. They would have to do a big rework. And to be honest, I doubt they will. The iconic powers need fixing, especially the channeled ones. They are severely gimped in the name of balance.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mister Majesty Committed Player

This is really what needed to happen in the first placed, if we're going for consistency.
  15. Novaks New Player

I think your thread title should be changed from "Robot Sidekick Universe Online" to "I like to complain about things im not forced to use Universe Online."
    • Like x 12
  16. Mick Nugget New Player

Wow, normally I would use Brick if I was doing that in dps stance since he seems to put out decent damage and doesn't interfere with the WM crit.

Heh, i think the word is hyperbole but I'm not sure, basically i'm over exaggerating in order to make a point.

Hey, what group of people are you referring to when you refer to me as "you people":eek:

Heh, If you read the OP, you can see that I'm referring mainly to my self, but I admit its a long thing to read so I don't blame you if u didnt. No worries.

Same here, I actually never use the robot but I'm starting to feel cornered into it cuz i don't have many options on my Nature toon.

That's actually good news to me, maybe I'm just seeing them everywhere cuz im looking for it lol..
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

You seem to be misunderstanding the reason why certain things are excluded. Plus, the reason why players are using RS is not for the extra damage because of WM, it's because with WM it is easier to use less on your tray and so putting a pet there that does it's own thing. Free damage, so to speak. You kind of said that, but you made it sound like you are limited. It's because you use less in a rotation, not because you can't use a power in fear of not getting the big crit. Light has been doing this for a few years now. As your rotation was limited to 3 tray powers. So people were using strafing run, Neo Venom Boost, and Robot Sidekick. All because they could. It's like that now with powersets, as they have PIs to setup and by the time they are done with a WM+Power rotation, the PI needs to be setup again. So less buttons.
    • Like x 5
  18. Mick Nugget New Player

That's a good snappy oneliner, Since you are here to personally attack me, have fun with that.
  19. kawe Loyal Player

There was a time when you couldn't find a HL dps without his RS, but that was long ago.
    Nowadays I only see RB in youtube videos/loadouts. And I think that's the origin of it being spread to the ppl you see. xD
    • Like x 2
  20. Radiohead New Player

Brick is terrible. |Why would anyone use the useless earth pets for DPS?