Magic version of Last Laugh?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Circe, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Circe New Player

Magic deserves and needs a big release like Meta and Tech got.

Am I the only one who sees this? Meta got a huge DLC full of Legends. Tech got a bunch of characters at the beginning. It's time Magic gets a big Legends release as well!
  2. BroadSt Bully Well-Known Player

I don't think most of these legends characters are a must since their not that popular. If i had to choose I would say that Shazam and Black Adam are the most likely and the most wanted and then potentially Raven, but for the others I would say they have no shot. Me personally I would like to see characters like Flash/Zoom, Cyborg and Deathstroke before I seen any of them.
    • Like x 3
  3. Circe New Player

Are you serious? Legends is about taking iconic DC characters into battle.

Tala may not be popular, but she has potential to be among the funnest Legends characters:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/legends-suggestion-tala.187844/
    Phantom Stranger is pretty iconic in DC comics.
    Raven is probably the most popular on this list. She's pretty iconic as well.
    Brother Blood is probably the only one who can effectively counter Raven. He's nothing to laugh at either, being a dedicated follower of Trigon.
    Zatanna is VERY popular. Unlike others on this list, she's pretty prominent in DCUO media - having her own wallpaper and avatar.
    Eclipso, Spectre, and Etrigan are all pretty iconic in DC comics as well.
    Isis has her own storyline in DCUO, and her history alone makes her very iconic.
    • Like x 2
  4. Enickma Dedicated Player

To be fair, Meta and Tech get more content than Magic does, but (also to be fair) Circe doesn't understand that Batman and Superman are much more marketable characters than the Magic characters.

I think most people have given up trying to get him to understand that.
    • Like x 4
  5. Radium Devoted Player

There will be no more PvP dlcs as having maps locked to a dlc does not work with map rotation.

As for characters, if every dlc got a few characters in each one then it would be pretty varied between them with what type of characters are present, variety is a good thing.
    • Like x 1
  6. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'm thinking Broad is meaning not as popular compared to others that may be released first. I've seen more people ask for Flash, Deathstroke, or Green Arrow than most of the ones you mentioned. I'm not saying your suggestions wouldn't be cool to have, only that there are others that would be generally more well received.

For that matter, how would Phantom Stranger work? I thought hos whole thing was being mysterious, so having a premade loadout for him kinda defeats the purpose.
  7. Hero of Justice New Player

It isn't just about being iconic, if that were the case people like the Flash and Deathstroke would be in by now. Most of the characters you mentioned aren't popular enough to be in Legends. I very much doubt many people would rush to get many if the people you suggested, people like Etrigan and Tala are no Flash and Deathstroke.
    • Like x 3
  8. Circe New Player

Popular is not released first in Legends. That's a fact. If popular were first, Donna and Cheetah wouldn't have been released so soon. Ursa would've never made Legends. Steel wouldn't have been released so soon, either.

So popular is not what decides who is released.
  9. Circe New Player

That's funny. Tell that to Cheetah, Donna Troy, Ursa, and Steel. These characters aren't "popular enough to be in Legends" by your definition, yet they're there.
  10. Radium Devoted Player

Unless they're OP

"My credit card is in my hand, give me that OP Etrigan!"
    • Like x 1
  11. Circe New Player

I'm guessing you guys didn't read my Tala suggestion thread. Read it. I guarantee you people would love to play as her with that loadout.
  12. Kroye Loyal Player

What criteria is used?
  13. Owl Devoted Player

There are some sites with weekly & monthly ranked PSN purchases. Some require subscriptions or retail access though..
    There are also some sites that track User PSN profiles. Some public, some private.
    There is also the Playstation App where you can check your trophies as a percentage compared to all PSN users.

PSN Profiles currently track 1,526,114 PSN profiles. A big enough sample size to make estimates since only 82 Million PS3s have been sold worldwide. Plus other game percentages match several private sites for data checks.
    Note that Legendary subscribers own all DLCs in the list. Ultimate Edition owners own DLCs 1-4 including the Last Laugh.
    PSN Profiles PS3 DCUO numbers:
    • 180,042 DCUO Game Owners (includes Free & Premium)
    • 7,477 DLC 1 Owners
    • 6,901 DLC 2 Owners
    • 5,334 DLC 3 Owners
    • 3,442 DLC 4 Owners
    • 4,369 DLC 5 Owner
    • 3,895 DLC 6 Owner
    • 2,335 DLC 7 Owners
    http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/714-DC-Universe-Online

So DLC 4 has less owners on PSN Profiles than DLC 5 & DLC 6 even though it was released months prior and is included in the Ultimate Edition which included DLCs 1-4.
    • Like x 5
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

good reasearch
  15. deltablues New Player

I would enjoy the extra legends characters and the additional maps that I could be locked out of for months at a time.
    • Like x 1
  16. BroadSt Bully Well-Known Player

I didn't notice Zatanna in your list and I would add her to the list of people I'd put in legends. What I was getting at, is that I'm not questioning their iconicness (Not a real word), but their popularity. I know you are a fan of the magic based characters and so are others, but some people are not and I think to add characters to legends they have to be someone most of the population can get behind and I don't think the others in your list are. I like people like the Phantom Stranger, but I'd say if you take a vote of the population in DC 90% of them would rather see someone more popular be added to legends then him and the same goes for the others.
  17. Circe New Player

It's all about DLCs and their plans. It's not about who is popular.

Upcoming is an Amazon DLC, so we may be seeing Wonder Girl and Giganta in Legends. They aren't nearly as popular as the characters you said, but they go with the DLC.

They can't just keep releasing popular Meta and Tech characters. There needs to be a balance with magic characters as well.

Like it or not, I have a feeling they will get to a lot of the characters on my list. They got Felix Faust and Doctor Fate, so the characters on my list are not out of reach.
  18. Circe New Player

Also, how they play is what matters. All of the characters I mentioned would play extremely well, and would be fun and exciting to play.

Even though characters like Tala and Etrigan are not the most popular, their gameplay would be interesting and fun. So, that's really what matters. Not how popular they are.
  19. Kroye Loyal Player

I think more worrisome than the bad DLC 4 numbers is the general downward trend.
    Good pointm, and that's mostly true, I think. If I recall correctly, only Faust/Fate, Cheetah/Troy, and Saint Walker/Atrocitus have been related to the DLC their release coincided with. Most of the others appear to be random:

The Last Laugh DLC Characters:
    Amon Sur
    Arkillo
    Bizarro
    John Stewart
    Kilowog
    Power Girl
    Ursa

Marketplace Purchasable Characters:
    Future Batman
    Future Harley Quinn
    Arkham Asylum Joker
    Superman
    General Zod
    Steel
    Lex Luthor
    Hal Jordan
    Sinestro

My memories a little fuzzy, but I'm fairly certain we got Future Batman long before the PB raid, and I don't know that we've ever seen Future Harley or Arkham Asylum Joker in-game.

Hopefully, they follow the "Marks of Legends purchase characters tied to a DLC" pattern rather than go with randoms you buy with real cash in the marketplace. Personally, I'd like to see both - tho more the merrier - but if it's an either/or situation, I'd prefer the former.
  20. Radium Devoted Player

Thats what you get with the owl, if he says something then you're better off just accepting it like gospal.
    • Like x 2